EVGA

EVGA RTX 3080 12gb RMA Experience & Overall experience.

Author
GameOverMan
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 170
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 1
Flagged as Spam (1)
2022/08/15 12:44:53 (permalink)
In this post I am going to give my personal experience and opinion with a few likes and dislikes about being an EVGA customer.

My first evga GPU was the evga GTX 760 SC2.  It served well and still works to this day. 

I then tried a GTX 980 from gigabyte(didnt like it, love their mobos, but their gpu ran hot, and hated the color)

I came back home to Evga and got the EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING, 11G-P4-6696-KR, 11GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB LED G/P/M  This was my pride and joy.  It served me well, no issues, and I managed to resell it for a decent $400 after 5 years of daily use.

I then got a chance to buy the evga rtx 3080 12 gb xc3 gaming lhr.   I am not a mining person, so lhr dont bother me.   Less than 4 month, the end fan (farthest fan away from the dp)  died.  

I contacted evga support via support ticket.   I then called on the next business day.  The entire turn around from day it died to the time I got it back was 16 days.   Died on the 30th maild to them on the 2nd, got it back 30 minutes ago.

Things I like about evga  All their support is US based.  I live in America, the last thing I want, is a person from India or the Philippines helping me, because no matter how well they try to help, its always a game of "say again?  One more time, I cant understand you"  It is really frustrating.   Take Comcast Xfinity as an example.  if you want new or add service you will get an English speaking person located in the USA 10 out of 10 times.   Call for support, you are going to take a first class phone call trip to the other side of the world to explain your issues.   

So for evga to actually station people within the same country as its users, I appreciate that.

Ease of RMA.  This was my first time ever rmaing.  It was smooth.

Very active forum moderator Prescence and friendly users.  This is not reddit or some back water gutter website.  This is a very respectful and engaging community.  I really appreciate everybody that helps each other.

Things I dont like.  GPU doesnt kick on until 60c, unless you change the settings.    But thats a personal nitpick, not by any means a negative.

Having to pay to return the GPU.  Kinda sucks dropping $1400 on a gpu, thats underwarranty, emailing me a label would have been nice.  Had to spend $50 to return the gpu.   But thats life.

Things to improve.   Precision X1.  I never had any MSI gpus, but afterburner beats X1 in every way for software.  I only use Msi Afterburner for the OSD feature because X1 OSD just never works for me.  never has.  If EVGA could fix that, that would be great, but again, thats just software not actual hardware.

THANK YOU TO THE EVGA TEAM FOR HE HELP WITH ANSWERS AND A SMOOTH RMA-AND YEAH, I AM YELLING-YELLING WITH JOYS, GAME ON TIME!!!!

eVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra Gaming
i7 13700K w/ 360mm AIO 
32GB Gskill 6000mhz DDR5
1TB M.2 NVME SSD
850watt PSU
Phanteks P500a case

2 Replies Related Threads

GameOverMan
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 170
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA RTX 3080 12gb RMA Experience & Overall experience. 2022/08/15 13:44:35 (permalink)

My setup is once again complete.  and its running cooler than before.  I guess there was fan issues from day 1 and I didnt know it.

eVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra Gaming
    i7 13700K w/ 360mm AIO 
    32GB Gskill 6000mhz DDR5
    1TB M.2 NVME SSD
    850watt PSU
    Phanteks P500a case
    Sajin
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 49167
    • Ribbons : 199
    Re: EVGA RTX 3080 12gb RMA Experience & Overall experience. 2022/08/16 03:36:14 (permalink)

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile