3080 hybrid mounting recommendations

Author
bdchris18
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/08/10 15:55:20 (permalink)
Hi all,

I have a Thermaltake view 51 case with an AIO on the CPU currently. I just received my 3080 hybrid today and I was wondering if it would be smarter to:
1. mount GPU radiator and fans as is on the side resulting in two big front fans as intake with side, top, and back fans as output
2. mount GPU on the side but have it as an intake instead, the rest is the same as above
3. place the CPU on the side as intake/output and GPU up top as output

pc specs: Intel i9-1200k, Corsair h115i cooler, 32gb ddr5, 1200W PSU

Thank you

1 Reply Related Threads

Epsolike
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 435
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: 3080 hybrid mounting recommendations 2022/08/11 01:43:20 (permalink)
    bdchris18
    Hi all,

I have a Thermaltake view 51 case with an AIO on the CPU currently. I just received my 3080 hybrid today and I was wondering if it would be smarter to:
    1. mount GPU radiator and fans as is on the side resulting in two big front fans as intake with side, top, and back fans as output
    2. mount GPU on the side but have it as an intake instead, the rest is the same as above
    3. place the CPU on the side as intake/output and GPU up top as output

pc specs: Intel i9-1200k, Corsair h115i cooler, 32gb ddr5, 1200W PSU

Thank you

Hello bdchris!

After checking out that case and your circumstance i would mount the graphics card radiator up top since that produces the most heat (convection logic here, heat rises, you wanna remove most of the heat immediately instead of pumping it into the case).
    Then i would mount your CPU AIO to the side as intake (it will pull cool air from the outside to remove the heat from the rad, it will ofcourse put a little heat in the case overall, but it is preferable to the graphics card produced heat).
    Lastly have your front fans as usual cool air intakes, this means the front fans will provide nearly uninterrupted cool air channel towards the components and then that air can exhaust at the back and the top (straight to the back or up top due to convection)
    With the front fans in mind, the reason i would do side AIO as intake is to not suck away the fresh cool air that just got into the case and interrup that straight line of airflow. (that being said if you feel like it, try both intake and exhaust for the side with the AIO rad, see if you can find one works better for you regardless of what is suggested).

Have fun and perhaps let us know how it went!

EVGA X570 DARK (1.09) [manual SoC, AUTO high!]
    AMD Ryzen 5800X3D [-25 -25 -25 -20 -25 -25 -25 -25]
    GSKILL Royal Elite (Gold) 3600C14 (B-die) [F4-3600C14D-32GTEGA]
    EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    EVGA SuperNOVA P6 1000
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile