EVGA

Helpful ReplyZ12 Key (very) Specific Combination Not Working

Author
rube203
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/08/09 13:47:59 (permalink)
The combination of Right Shift + Left Ctrl + Left Arrow does nothing.
Every other combination works, including Left Shift + Left Ctrl + Left Arrow. And Right Shift + Left Ctrl + Right Arrow. It's across operating systems, it's a brand new keyboard with no modifications. it's driving me crazy.

Does this work on other Z12s? Am I the only one with this issue or just the first to discover it?

Can someone test this out, it highlights the word directly before your cursor.
davepwhite
  • Total Posts : 20
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Z12 Key (very) Specific Combination Not Working 2022/08/11 12:54:07 (permalink)
rube203
Every other combination works, including Left Shift + Left Ctrl + Left Arrow. And Right Shift + Left Ctrl + Right Arrow. It's across operating systems, it's a brand new keyboard with no modifications. it's driving me crazy.

Does this work on other Z12s? Am I the only one with this issue or just the first to discover it?

I just tried it in my browser on this page of your post and it works on mine. Any keys re-mapped/deactivated using the software tool?
rube203
Re: Z12 Key (very) Specific Combination Not Working 2022/08/16 07:58:35 (permalink)
No, I double checked all the mappings and moved to a new profile that I hadn't altered at all and nothing is disabled. Thanks for verifying it's just my keyboard! 
Instant-Noodles
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Z12 Key (very) Specific Combination Not Working 2022/09/17 11:06:55 (permalink)
rube203

I have a similar problem on my new Z12.  For me it's the Left Shift + Right Ctrl + Right Arrow combo not working (it should highlight text towards the right, but does nothing). 

My Right Ctrl works fine in combination with other keys (ex. Right Ctrl + A highlights all text or Left Shift + Right Ctrl + Left Arrow highlights text towards the left).  

Were you able to fix this problem?
post edited by Instant-Noodles - 2022/09/17 11:23:51
rube203
Re: Z12 Key (very) Specific Combination Not Working 2022/09/19 08:34:13 (permalink)
Instant-Noodles
rube203

I have a similar problem on my new Z12.  For me it's the Left Shift + Right Ctrl + Right Arrow combo not working (it should highlight text towards the right, but does nothing). 

My Right Ctrl works fine in combination with other keys (ex. Right Ctrl + A highlights all text or Left Shift + Right Ctrl + Left Arrow highlights text towards the left).  

I was not. I opened a support ticket and they asked if it worked when recording the key strokes within the customization software. It does not and after answering them that I never got a reply. Based on that support ticket saying it should work and another user reporting it works for them it appears that the only recourse would be to RMA, but I didn't do that either. So I'm just left with a keyboard that mostly, but doesn't completely work.
redteamgo
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 798
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: Z12 Key (very) Specific Combination Not Working 2022/09/23 10:54:06 (permalink)
Works on my Z20

annoying question but is your cursor and main window focused properly to get the desired result?

CPU:     Intel 12900K EK 1700 Quantum Mag Acetel
GPU:     EVGA 3090 KPHC
MB:      EVGA Z690 Dark
PSU:     EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+
Memory:  G.SKILL Z5 6600mhz XMP3
NVME:    Samsung 980 Pro Gen 4 1TB, Gen 3 970 1TB
Cooling: MO-RA3 420 P/P 8x200mm Noctua HS PWM, Dual D5
Case:    Fractal Design Define 7

MOD Rigs!!!
Instant-Noodles
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Z12 Key (very) Specific Combination Not Working 2022/09/23 11:45:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby rube203 2022/09/23 12:57:29
rube203
Instant-Noodles
rube203

I was not. I opened a support ticket and they asked if it worked when recording the key strokes within the customization software. It does not and after answering them that I never got a reply. Based on that support ticket saying it should work and another user reporting it works for them it appears that the only recourse would be to RMA, but I didn't do that either. So I'm just left with a keyboard that mostly, but doesn't completely work.

That's disappointing.  I guess Z12s might have an issue with certain combinations?  Also interesting that it's a different combination that doesn't work on our two keyboards though.

Does my non-working combination ("Left Shift + Right Ctrl + Right Arrow") work on your keyboard?  Cause your combo ("Right Shift + Left Ctrl + Left Arrow") works fine on my Z12.

redteamgo
Works on my Z20

annoying question but is your cursor and main window focused properly to get the desired result?

Yes, cursor and main window is focused when I test the key combination.  I also own a Z15 (which is a mechanical keyboard like your Z20) and both combinations work fine, so the issue might only pertain to the Z12 (which is a membrane keyboard).
rube203
Re: Z12 Key (very) Specific Combination Not Working 2022/09/23 13:01:24 (permalink)
Instant-Noodles
rube203
Instant-Noodles
rube203

That's disappointing.  I guess Z12s might have an issue with certain combinations?  Also interesting that it's a different combination that doesn't work on our two keyboards though.

Does my non-working combination ("Left Shift + Right Ctrl + Right Arrow") work on your keyboard?  Cause your combo ("Right Shift + Left Ctrl + Left Arrow") works fine on my Z12.

redteamgo
Works on my Z20

Yes, cursor and main window is focused when I test the key combination.  I also own a Z15 (which is a mechanical keyboard like your Z20) and both combinations work fine, so the issue might only pertain to the Z12 (which is a membrane keyboard).

Interesting, no, your combination does not work either. And yes everything is focused and even swapping the direction works, so if using opposite Shift/Ctrl keys I can only use the arrow corresponding with the Shift. That's fascinating.

L-Ctrl + R-Shift + L-Arrow = no input
L-Shift + R-Ctrl + R-Arrow = no input
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile