EVGA

Hybrid kit's fan goes noisy with 1 day left of warranty!

Author
Cancel077
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 187
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/07/29 20:45:09 (permalink)
Well my hybrid kit's shroud's fan started making this grinding noise, like its hitting a wire or something. It starting to grind as it ramps up but then it has a weird rattling noise after. All with 1 day of warranty left!! On a Friday and I can't get a ticket # to start the he RMA lol

I did start a ticket online with customer support about this, so hopefully this counts and they'll honor my warranty as I call Monday. :)

I will open the kit and inspect it and hopefully nothing came lose and a wire is hitting the fan blades but its a bit odd that it's been fine for months and then started doing this sound, a day before my warranty is about to end!

Please use my Associate Code for up to 10% discounts on your EVGA purchases at the checkout: 8IT954OVFQ17LN9

GPUS - In stock only

4 Replies Related Threads

subhunter808
    • Total Posts : 38
    Re: Hybrid kit's fan goes noisy with 1 day left of warranty! 2022/08/18 17:43:36 (permalink)
    That's a bummer... did you figure it out? I actually had a fan wire start to rub the outside of the fan as it slowly succumbed to gravity a couple years ago. I thought the nice fan was failing... which was a first for me... I have some fans which are still going strong after 10 years! In another recent scenario, my EVGA Z20 went all screwy 2 weeks after the warranty died off. EVGA being the superstars they are, replaced it as a one-time favor. Hopefully I don't need such a hook-up if a GPU dies... haven't experienced that yet... fingers crossed.   
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Hybrid kit's fan goes noisy with 1 day left of warranty! 2022/08/19 00:20:44 (permalink)
    I believe that the ticket would need to be open during the warranty period to count. So I believe you should be good for a replacement as long as any troubleshooting tips don’t help solve the issue. Just keep in mind that RMA cards are replaced with refurbished one that should work perfectly in testing but can have some slight cosmetic problem if you look closely but still it’s way better than a card with an issue.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Cancel077
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Hybrid kit's fan goes noisy with 1 day left of warranty! 2022/09/06 07:15:57 (permalink)
    subhunter808
    That's a bummer... did you figure it out? I actually had a fan wire start to rub the outside of the fan as it slowly succumbed to gravity a couple years ago. I thought the nice fan was failing... which was a first for me... I have some fans which are still going strong after 10 years! In another recent scenario, my EVGA Z20 went all screwy 2 weeks after the warranty died off. EVGA being the superstars they are, replaced it as a one-time favor. Hopefully I don't need such a hook-up if a GPU dies... haven't experienced that yet... fingers crossed.   

So my noise stopped so I figured the wire got out of the way. So I didn't pursue the warranty.

However, today it was making complete noise. And I found out that the plastic fan assembly broke off from the hub so it was just holding off by the magnet. The fan assembly is fine but the blades broke off :(

So now I'm screwed. Evga won't send me a fan assembly by itself. Not sure what do it. I can't even find a fan replacement for it online. Really don't want to go back to air :(

Please use my Associate Code for up to 10% discounts on your EVGA purchases at the checkout: 8IT954OVFQ17LN9

GPUS - In stock only

Cancel077
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Hybrid kit's fan goes noisy with 1 day left of warranty! 2022/09/06 08:58:36 (permalink)
    austin86
    Cancel077
    So now I'm screwed. Evga won't send me a fan assembly by itself. Not sure what do it. I can't even find a fan replacement for it online. Really don't want to go back to air :(

Maybe you can find one here ?
    https://gpu-fan.com/

I double posted do my post probably got removed.

I haven't found many on eBay though. I'm thinking a 3060 or a 2080 fan. It has the same mount configuration, 42x42x42, but the fan is slightly smaller. 87mm vs 95mm. That vram fan isn't really useful but I think it should be ok. It seems easier to get. Thoughts?

GPUS - In stock only

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile