Akasa Unveils Updated Maxwell Pro Plus Case with LGA1700 Support

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102231
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2022/07/28 05:59:40 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/297253/akasa-unveils-updated-maxwell-pro-plus-case-with-lga1700-support

Akasa, a leading provider of passive cooling solutions and fanless cases, have announced an update to their popular Maxwell Pro fanless case. The new Maxwell Pro Plus is now compatible with the LGA1700 socket from Intel, and some of their highest performing 12th generation processors with integrated graphics, including the Intel Core i9-12900.

High-end processors usually require a hefty cooler equipped with high-speed fans, but Akasa's Maxwell Pro plus fanless Mini-ITX case can tame the beast, all whilst producing nothing but silence. The Maxwell Pro can handle the newest 12th Generation of Intel Core processors up to 65 W TDP (including backwards compatibility for LGA 1200 and 115x sockets) and is the perfect pair for activities such as content creation and 4K video streaming. The high-performance fanless case can adequately maintain temperatures around 80°C under load and completes the tremendous trio of Plus cases in Akasa's new range. The Maxwell Pro Plus is compatible with latest 600 Series Mini-ITX motherboards such as ASUS's ROG STRIX Z690-I and B660-I, Gigabyte's Z690I/B660I Aorus Ultra, and MSI's MEG Z690I Unify.

The curved edges are smooth, producing a softer effect, and allows the minimalist design to blend in well with almost any environment. The case is made to be displayed; it can be used as a statement piece in a home theatre, desktop setup, or recording studio. An optional external power pack (AK-PD150-02K) and the internal power adapter (AK-PE150-05) are advised to make full use of the silent heat dissipation, which can be hidden away for a clean aesthetic.

Pricing and Availability
  • The Maxwell Pro Plus starts at £188.50/€194.50/$228.65 (prices may vary by reseller)
  • The Maxwell Pro Plus are available to order throughout the UK, Europe, US, and Russia. Contact sales@akasa.co.uk to find a reseller near you.
I definitely wouldn't use this case as a gaming rig chassis. I find the price to be a little high. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10098
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Akasa Unveils Updated Maxwell Pro Plus Case with LGA1700 Support 2022/07/28 10:48:33 (permalink)
    It's a very clean and nice look for it and would work very well with entertainment equipment and the fanless case would help keep noise down if it was being used for entertainment systems. 

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile