EVGA

Rockstar reportedly scrapped GTA 4 and RDR remasters to focus on finishing GTA 6

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2022/07/06 23:35:25 (permalink)
https://www.kitguru.net/gaming/matthew-wilson/rockstar-reportedly-scrapped-gta-4-and-rdr-remasters-to-focus-on-finishing-gta-6/

Rockstar-focused reporter, Tez, recently revealed that the studio has scrapped plans for future remasters in an effort to allocate more resources to Grand Theft Auto VI. Other sources have since come forward to confirm this, adding that Rockstar doesn't want a repeat of the GTA Trilogy.

Rockstar apparently had plans to remaster Grand Theft Auto IV and Red Dead Redemption, presumably to release ahead of Grand Theft Auto VI. However, due to the botched release of Grand Theft Auto: The Trilogy – Definitive Edition, those plans have now been cancelled, as confirmed by an additional Kotaku source.

It seems that Rockstar doesn't want to dedicate in-house resources to remasters while GTA 6 is in full production, and there is no immediately suitable studio to outsource these projects to either. Rockstar confirmed that Grand Theft Auto 6 is in development earlier this year, but did not announce launch platforms or a targeted release date. However, rumours claim that the game is currently targeting a 2024 release.

I believe this is a good decision. GTA is Rockstar's big moneymaker. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Rockstar reportedly scrapped GTA 4 and RDR remasters to focus on finishing GTA 6 2022/07/07 02:44:10 (permalink)
    I wonder if this includes the GTA San Andreas VR port that Mark Zuckerberg talked about. Since the announcement in October 2021 we haven't heard anything about this port. It was announced right before the release of the GTA remastered trilogy release so it's possible that after that they didn't want to continue on since I can only imagine how bad that would have been in VR since rain on a flat screen caused people to get migraines pretty quickly. 

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas VR Announced for Oculus Quest 2 - IGN

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile