EVGA

Helpful ReplyPrecision X1 causing BSOD?

Author
ayemak
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/06/26 15:01:36 (permalink)
Early this month I did clean install of Windows 11 on my machine. One of the first things I did, as I usually do, is install Precision x1. I ended up running into a few BSODs related to direct x/graphics driver so of course the first thing I did was go through the usual driver reinstall process. But then a few days later it crashed again, once again pointing towards a directx/driver related issue. I ended up posting about my Blue screen issues online and sharing my windows minidups and someone told me uninstall "driver-x64.sys", saying that the minidumps are pointing towards this driver probably being the cause of my issues. "driver-x64.sys" is a critical Precision X1 driver I assume. I completely uninstalled Precision X1 and my PC has seemingly been running perfectly fine for over a week now but here I am because I honestly can't live without it.

I recently reinstalled Precision X1 again and it seems to be working fine but it's only been two days so I'm not sure if these issues will creep up again later down the road. I can't deny that something could have gone wrong during my original installation process a few weeks back, maybe a nice reinstall of PX1 was all I needed. I guess I just want to know if anyone is experiencing anything like this or if anyone at EVGA can confirm if there are any bugs that need to be fixed. Maybe PX1 isn't as stable on Windows 11?

Just tossing this other tidbit out there: I use the Geforce Experience overlay along with PX1. Do you think this could possibly cause some issues? I know the Experience overlay comes with a suite of overclocking features, maybe PX1 is fighting for control over it and causing issues? Note that I don't actually use any overclocking features on either of these programs, I just like Precision X1 for its fan and GPU light control and Geforce Experience to record things but this is something I thought should bring up.
BizSAR
EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 1712
Re: Precision X1 causing BSOD? 2022/06/27 10:23:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby ayemak 2022/06/27 16:57:22
I've never had issues with BSODs or conflicts with GeForce Experience and PX1 overlays on Win10 or Win11. I use them both all the time.
If it fails again, see of you have any error messages in Event Viewer.
Also, any messages provided at the BSOD (hope you don't get any more, but just in case) can be helpful.
Assuming you're using the latest version of PX1?
What video card do you have and driver version #?

BizSAR
EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
ayemak
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Precision X1 causing BSOD? 2022/06/27 17:18:46 (permalink)
That's good to know. If these two programs conflicted I assume there'd be a lot more discussions/complaints about it but I couldn't find much so it's probably safe. Just thought I'd ask anyway just in case.

Last BSOD bugcheck I got was SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED. Definitely driver related from what I can gather from google. And again the kind person who analyzed my minidumps pointed towards the PX1 driver as having issues and possibly being the cause of the crash.

Yes I'm using the latest version of PX1.
Currently I'm on the latest driver 516.40 but when the crashes happened I was on 512.95.
My GPU is an RTX 2070 Super XC ULTRA

Thanks for the response. So far everything seems stable even with Precision X1 running in the background so maybe a reinstall was all I really needed. If I experience any crashes again I'll come back and let you guys know.
post edited by ayemak - 2022/06/27 17:33:40
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile