EVGA

Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean?

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 7
Author
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/23 07:10:43 (permalink)
Sounds like you might have some kind of stability issue, but there were a lot of stability fixes in the BIOS updates between the one you're currently running and the newest one. Those should be included in the beta one Lee posted for you, so I don't want to give you a bunch of things to unnecessarily worry about before you update that.

With freezes and crashes, sometimes you can get clues in the Windows System Event Viewer. It is a very handy tool for troubleshooting crashes and freezes as you've had to turn the power off and now you're trying to figure out what happened before.

You can click Start and just type "Event Viewer" and then click on that item when it pops up. You'll want to make the window larger or full-screen. Then go to (left-hand side) Windows Logs -> System.

You'll see a whole bunch of information events here and unfortunately, you'll see your thousands of WHEA errors until you update your BIOS (ignore those for now). You may be able to scroll down to the time of the freeze (depending on whether you remember exactly what time it was or if it'll go that far with all the scrolling WHEA errors you currently see). I don't know how many entries it logs, or how long your computer has been on since, collecting WHEA error messages, so I don't know if you'll actually be able to use this.

You should find a kernel power failure error (I can't remember the exact phrasing); that is the error message Windows logs when you hit the reset button. So what you'd be looking for is a warning or error that occurred in the few minutes before that happened. It might call out an nvidia driver error, or something about the CPU or memory. It's not going to say "your memory is unstable", but sometimes it gives you a message that looks to be related to what happened and you can search the web for that message text and see if there are suggestions and solutions out there. I just thought I'd share this tip with you for future reference as it may come in handy in the future even though right now your primary goal is to update your BIOS.
post edited by B0baganoosh - 2022/06/23 07:12:08

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 598
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/23 08:29:27 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
I did save my current bios to a flash drive.  

I'll see about doing this process soon.  I've got some things I'm currently trying to get done.

One weird thing happened last night.  I was playing a Roblox game [World Zero], and in the middle of a level, the entire system froze...and didn't unfreeze.  I had to eventually click the reset button....then when it came back up, it ran smoothly.  Weird glitch?  

If it wasn't such an older game I'd say update BIOS 1st (and test PC a few days too); and after that, do a Clean Video Driver Installation. A Clean Video Driver Installation is a very good thing to learn how to do. Small learning curve and not too complicated. It does include several steps that must be followed. But it's easy.

The most Graphically Demanding Games i have installed and tested are:

DOOM Eternal
Far Cry 6
Grand Theft Auto V
Halo Infinite
Metro Exodus Enhanced Edition
Red Dead Redemption 2
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands
Tom Clancy’s The Division 2

Battlefield 2042 is a whole other story. That game requires the best CPU and Graphics Card. And it's why I built this PC. Doubled my FPS in BF2042 with this PC. (Same Video card and SSDs.)

So, if u had had trouble with a game as demanding as any of ^^ then a Clean Video Driver Installation would be a good idea. But for now, only after a BIOS update, in ur situation.

For the sake a Clean Video Driver Installation ever or after ur BIOS Update the following vid seems OK:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPqUeU09cf8 

i only got through ^^ 1st 38 secs, but after several minuets of two other vids, ^^ seems OK. i'll critique it later. i hope he includes unplugging network cable to completely thwart Win11 from automatically updating Video drivers.

And very important IMO to always test a Clean Video Driver Installation by installing the minimal. Meaning no nVidia Experience for a couple days and do a custom install with just the video and physics drivers. for ppl that can't live without nVidia Experience they can always add it a couple days later. For me, i've only ever ran nVidia Experience for a total of one minuet or less. And that was so I could claim my free copy (code) for Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War that EVGA offered when I bought two RTX2080-ti's. As soon as I had the code I uninstalled nVidia Experience.

Oh, and ^^ reminds me there's a couple of nice settings to make in NVCP (nVidia Control Panel) after finishing a Clean Video Driver Installation:

Open NVCP
1. 3D Settings/Adjust image Settings With Preview/Use My Preference Emphasizing:/Set--Bar to Quality/Then hit Apply.
2. 3D Settings/Adjust image Settings With Preview/Set--"Use the advanced 3D image setting"/Then hit Apply.
3. 3D Settings/Manage 3D Settings/Global Tab/Set--"Power Management Mode" to "Prefer Maximum Performance"/Then hit Apply.
4. Using: "3D Settings/Manage 3D Settings/Max Frame Rate" and setting it to your monitor's Refresh Rate (Frequency/Hz) can also be useful. For me it is great because my monitor uses "G-Sync Ultimate". Maybe yours could also benefit from setting Max Frame Rate.

I don't see your Monitor's Model Number in ur Sig.

Is ur Monitor Model: 32UD59-B?
https://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-32UD59-B-4k-uhd-led-monitor

If it is ^^ IDK about taking advantage of AMD Free Sync Technology. And I couldn't see the Refresh Rate^^. But setting Max Refresh Rate to it and learning about taking advantage of AMD Free Sync Technology shouldn't be difficult.

Refresh Rate should be in: NVCP/Display/Change Resolution/Right Pane should display it under: "Refresh Rate:" in a drop down menu. I guess it's a good idea to make sure it's correct while ur there.

that's my TMI for today.

GL

Edit 1:
And in addition to the Model Number of ur Monitor (adding it to Sig) it could be helpful in general and to others now and in the future, to have ur "Physical Memory Model#" added to ur Sig. I --finally...lol -- after deciding how did. See, there was never enough room on the "Physical Memory:" line of Sig. I couldn't decide what to do in the past. So i decided a couple of days ago, that the best solution, was adding a new line for it to my Sig. ("Physical Memory Model#" line.)

Conclusion, with ur "Physical Memory Model#" added, and WHEA errors gone after Updating BIOS, and your BIOS version in Sig, ppl will know that there's a solution if they have the same prob. U never know. Like someone unhappy with another Brand that wants to stick with the memory they have, and they consider switching to an EVGA Classified, AND the brand of Memory they have, is the same as yours... might thank u one day. (Corsair has always been a top 1 or 2.)

Edit 2:

Video Critique Update: How to Clean Install Graphics Drivers Using DDU - The Proper Way! | Clean Reinstall Uninstall | Easy

Remember this is all for after BIOS Update. (It's also for the Life of this and all PCs especially ones for Gaming. And it's a better idea to follow this recipe when ur just updating too. It's one of the best steps to take when diagnosing, AND even if you reinstall the same version Graphics driver.)
EditEdit: And after BIOS Update wait a couple days too before making changes. (well 24 hours at least. Maybe 48 before major changes.)

here goes...
8:23 U should Select Download Type: "Game Ready Driver (GRD)". Not the "Studio Driver (SD)". The Vid is almost a year old and things changed ever so slightly on the Download page.

3:41 Looks perfect! He's explaining thwarting Win11, from installing a Driver, when Hardware is missing one -- I eluded to it earlier. In over ten years I've not seen it explained as well, if ever, in a YT Vid.

4:08 He's using Win10, but should be fine to follow instructions in Vid. I don't have Win11 install on any PCs around me yet, so I can't test and compare. (OK I found another Vid that shows accessing Safe Mode in 11, is still the same as Win10.)

6:54 Unlike in this Vid, instead, choose on the Custom Section to install just the Graphics and Physics Driver... because skipping Geforce Experience, during a Fresh Clean Video Driver Installation, and testing it for a few days, and adding the Experience part later is a better way to go.  If you don't rely on Geforce Experience and never use or any of its features never install it.

7:18 Brilliant! So many ppl leave out restarting even if ur not prompted to. And ditto! for restarting every time u install a driver (any type) u should restart. (Even if ur not prompted to.)

7:28 Turn Network Devices Back on. This Vid is a 10+. (Luv the way he words it.) :-)

7:49 Skip Geforce Experience. (Hopefully ppl don't need to install it... or should i say, don't install  "Big Brother".lol)

B0baganoosh
Sounds like you might have some kind of stability issue, but there were a lot of stability fixes in the BIOS updates between the one you're currently running and the newest one. Those should be included in the beta one Lee posted for you, so I don't want to give you a bunch of things to unnecessarily worry about before you update that.

With freezes and crashes, sometimes you can get clues in the Windows System Event Viewer. It is a very handy tool for troubleshooting crashes and freezes as you've had to turn the power off and now you're trying to figure out what happened before.

You can click Start and just type "Event Viewer" and then click on that item when it pops up. You'll want to make the window larger or full-screen. Then go to (left-hand side) Windows Logs -> System.

You'll see a whole bunch of information events here and unfortunately, you'll see your thousands of WHEA errors until you update your BIOS (ignore those for now). You may be able to scroll down to the time of the freeze (depending on whether you remember exactly what time it was or if it'll go that far with all the scrolling WHEA errors you currently see). I don't know how many entries it logs, or how long your computer has been on since, collecting WHEA error messages, so I don't know if you'll actually be able to use this.

You should find a kernel power failure error (I can't remember the exact phrasing); that is the error message Windows logs when you hit the reset button. So what you'd be looking for is a warning or error that occurred in the few minutes before that happened. It might call out an nvidia driver error, or something about the CPU or memory. It's not going to say "your memory is unstable", but sometimes it gives you a message that looks to be related to what happened and you can search the web for that message text and see if there are suggestions and solutions out there. I just thought I'd share this tip with you for future reference as it may come in handy in the future even though right now your primary goal is to update your BIOS.

excellent B0baganoosh!

i wanted to get to explaining EV but was holding back on getting to it. TY! 

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/23 14:00:07

> PSU: Seasonic VERTEX GX-1200
> Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v1.03 12/3/2021)
> CPU: Intel Core i9-12900KF
> AIO: EVGA CLC 240mm
> Physical Memory: G.SKILL Trident Z5 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR5 5600
> Physical Memory Model#: F5-5600U3636C16GX2-TZ5S
> Monitor: Alienware AW2721D
> Video Card: EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING
> Case: Cooler Master HAF X (942)
> DAS: Sabrent DS-SC5B

EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/23 10:41:52 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
I did save my current bios to a flash drive.  

I'll see about doing this process soon.  I've got some things I'm currently trying to get done.

One weird thing happened last night.  I was playing a Roblox game [World Zero], and in the middle of a level, the entire system froze...and didn't unfreeze.  I had to eventually click the reset button....then when it came back up, it ran smoothly.  Weird glitch?  

I wouldn't get excited over a single crash.  It's understandable, given all that you've been going through over the last few weeks, but an isolated crash means little until it keeps happening again.

Random crashes can happen for a number of reasons, but it's best not to go looking for issues before you can solve the other ones you have.
B0baganoosh
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2365
  • Ribbons : 39
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/23 10:44:50 (permalink)
I agree with Lee (as usual).

6Q6CPFHPBPCU691 is a discount code anyone can use.

i9 13900k - EVGA Z690 Classy - Nvidia RTX 4090 FE - G.Skill 32GB DDR5-6000  - WD SN850 2TB NVMe Gen4 - Be Quiet! Straight Power 12 1200W - Be Quiet! Dark Base 900 Pro. MO-RA3 420 Pro. Dark Palimpsest MODS RIGS post for build notes.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/23 10:49:53 (permalink)
i agree with Lee and can't rhyme B0baganoosh.
post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/23 11:01:43

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 271
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/23 16:50:49 (permalink)
Hey guys.  I wish I had the PC skills to really understand what was written in those latest posts.  I suppose it's expected when I attempt such an undertaking as building a PC.  I kinda wish I had a friend who was good at this who could have helped.

As for the freeze,...it happened a few moments ago,...again I was in Roblox, but I had moved to a Discord tab to edit a comment and that's when it froze.  

There was a Critical
Event ID 41 | Kernel-Power | System

There was a Error
Event ID 1 | WHEA-Logger | System

That's what showed today.

I'm going to get on that BIOS update this weekend when I can stop and really figure things out.

Again, can't express how much I have appreciated the knowledge pool here!

Windows 11 Pro
> Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL
> PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G5
> Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v1.10 6/21/2022)
> CPU: Intel Core i7-12700K
> Video Card: EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA
> Cooling: Noctua NH-U12A
> Physical Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5, 32 GB [2x16GB], 5600MhHz
> Drives: 980 Pro 1TB [main], 980 Pro 2TB, 990 Pro 2TB
> Physical Memory Model#: CMT32GX5M2B5600C36W
> Main Monitor: LG UHD 4K 32" [Model:32UN500-W.AUS]
> Second Monitor: Samsung C27F591 [Model:LC27F591FDN]

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/23 17:13:35 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Hey guys.  I wish I had the PC skills to really understand what was written in those latest posts.  I suppose it's expected when I attempt such an undertaking as building a PC.  I kinda wish I had a friend who was good at this who could have helped.

As for the freeze,...it happened a few moments ago,...again I was in Roblox, but I had moved to a Discord tab to edit a comment and that's when it froze.  

There was a Critical
Event ID 41 | Kernel-Power | System

There was a Error
Event ID 1 | WHEA-Logger | System

That's what showed today.

I'm going to get on that BIOS update this weekend when I can stop and really figure things out.

Again, can't express how much I have appreciated the knowledge pool here!

yes. careful what u wish for.lol JK

test as many other games as you can too.

Edit:
In my EV, i found three Event ID 41 | Kernel-Power | System:
4/18/2022 4:10:35 PM
4/23/2022 1:09:22 AM
5/27/2022 8:09:15 PM

I bet one was caused by "Mouse without Borders". (Great program for sharing your Keyboard and Mouse with two or more PCs next to each other.) How to Share One Mouse & Keyboard Across PCs using Mouse Without Borders

And the other two Event ID 41s may have been caused by configuring games. Maybe something like a Full-screen setting versus using a Border-less/Full-screen; and or just the right additional video setting(s) in a game's settings on my new PC resulted in problems. If it was it, it was obvious and i was able to avoid it happening again.
post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/23 17:48:25

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/23 20:23:36 (permalink)
I have been playing Fortnite........yes....Fortnite.  My sister's kids like when I play game with them.  But anyway, I've not had any issues with that game.  I've not installed many games yet.  

Thanks!  And have a great night.

Windows 11 Pro
> Physical Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR5, 32 GB [2x16GB], 5600MhHz

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 08:13:41 (permalink)
Okay, this morning I was going to attempt the flash BIOS.  I downloaded from the link, clicked on the 'update.bat', pressed the spacebar.  Then it asked if I wanted to allow changes, and clicked yes.  

But when I clicked the 'Y', the box did close.  The instructions said that if that happens, the flash may need to be run from a CMD Prompt with admin privileges.  I'm really not sure how to do that...and what I type into the CMD Prompt.   
I had a question, as well, about the "Select the .bin file you wish to flash.  I'm not there, yet [of course], but will there be more than one to choose from?

Another question.  What part of the .zip file that I downloaded is the updated BIOS?  Does it do all this on it's own?  As I look in the file structure, I'm seeing

[Folder]FPTWIN
20620T00.bin
update.bat

In the FPTWIN folder:
[Folder]32
____FPTW.exe 
[Folder]64
____FPTW64.exe
Compare.exe

Just trying to figure out what happens in this process.  I downloaded the instructions, but was just curious about the process.

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 08:44:33 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Okay, this morning I was going to attempt the flash BIOS.  I downloaded from the link, clicked on the 'update.bat', pressed the spacebar.  Then it asked if I wanted to allow changes, and clicked yes.  

But when I clicked the 'Y', the box did close.  The instructions said that if that happens, the flash may need to be run from a CMD Prompt with admin privileges.  I'm really not sure how to do that...and what I type into the CMD Prompt.   
I had a question, as well, about the "Select the .bin file you wish to flash.  I'm not there, yet [of course], but will there be more than one to choose from?

Another question.  What part of the .zip file that I downloaded is the updated BIOS?  Does it do all this on it's own?  As I look in the file structure, I'm seeing

[Folder]FPTWIN
20620T00.bin
update.bat

In the FPTWIN folder:
[Folder]32
____FPTW.exe 
[Folder]64
____FPTW64.exe
Compare.exe

Just trying to figure out what happens in this process.  I downloaded the instructions, but was just curious about the process.

the instructions are a little ambiguous in one small aspect. they explain doing it two different ways.

Since ur comfortable going into BIOS, then the 2nd way will suffice.

to be clear the instructions u read were at: https://forums.evga.com/BIOS-Updates-for-Z690-DARK-KNGPN-110-CLASSIFIED-110-m3550295.aspx (1st post by Lee)

^^ explains two ways. One is "Windows Installation" and second way is "BIOS Installation".

So follow the latter (BIOS Installation):

BIOS Installation
  • Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
  • Reboot the machine and go into the system BIOS
  • From the BIOS, navigate to the Save & Exit tab and open "Select BIOS File."
  • Select the .bin file you wish to flash.

i'm going to compare ^^ to z690 classified BIOS and get verbatim for 3rd step ^^.
1st, 2nd, and 4th steps ^^ are correct. but 3rd is, well, it is needs a verbatim insert for our BIOS.
i think it is "From Home Screen in BIOS select from drop down top left...." But i'll be right back with verbatim.

(And B0baganoosh just received his z690 classy yesterday and i think he can chime in too. although his 570 is prob just the same.brb)

Edit: sry just cleaned up all the double pasting u would have seen initially. brb

Edit 2:

Back!

3rd Step should read as follows:

From the BIOS select from the "EXTRAS" drop down menu,"BIOS Update".

So with ^^ added to the instructions, we now have:

BIOS Installation
  •     Extract the contents of .zip file to USB flash drive (must be formatted as FAT32)
  •     Reboot the machine and go into the system BIOS
  •     From the BIOS select from the "EXTRAS" drop down menu,"BIOS Update".
  •     Select the .bin file you wish to flash.

Only thing additional thing is, using a blank USB FAT32. and when u extract the zip file onto it don't extract it into a folder on the flash drive; instead extract the contents into the Root of the USB drive if u know wat i mean.
Edit: it's OK to have ur backup BIOS Profiles on flash drive too. and they could be in a folder maybe.
post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/25 12:11:53

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 09:12:50 (permalink)
OMG....I'm seriously dumb today!!   I will do the BIOS Installation way.  I have the E698_flashtool_20621T00 on my flashdrive.   When I go into BIOS, it is okay to already have that flashdrive in the USB port?

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 09:33:15 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
OMG....I'm seriously dumb today!!   I will do the BIOS Installation way.  I have the E698_flashtool_20621T00 on my flashdrive.   When I go into BIOS, it is okay to already have that flashdrive in the USB port?

i believe the previous post i just updated is all that is needed.

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 09:59:55 (permalink)
Okay....here goes nothin'.....

See ya on the other side....

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 10:02:13 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Okay....here goes nothin'.....

See ya on the other side....

TIC TOC...

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 10:32:37 (permalink)
Well, I'm back.  I brought up HWiNFO64 and so far there are no WHEA errors.  

But I think I didn't set something up right with my case fans.  They're stuck on ~1390 rpm, rather than ~850 when not under load.

I set the SYS Fan [which the case fans are hooked in to] to PWM.  I'll have to go back into the BIOS to see what I might have missed.

Windows 11 Pro

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 10:57:52 (permalink)
Okay, I'm back [again].  

This is what I have for my PWM on the SYS_FAN header:
Default Fan Speed 35%

Level 1 Temperature     30
Level 1 Fan Speed        40%

Level 2 Temperature     30
Level 2 Fan Speed        60%

Level 3 Temperature     45
Level 3 Fan Speed         75%

Level 4 Temperature    50
Level 4 Fan Speed        85%

Hold on.  Why are there the same temp settings for 1 and 2??  Back to BIOS....

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 11:04:04 (permalink)
cool. cool.

victory!

almost time to update sig too.

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/25 11:05:34

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 11:06:47 (permalink)
Thanks!  I wasn't sure how it would happen, but it looks like it all went well.

Um.....I guess I'll have to update the signature line.......as soon as I know what to change it to.  hehe

Update on the fan thing:

Default Fan Speed        30%

Level 1 Temperature     25
Level 1 Fan Speed        35%

Level 2 Fan Speed        55%

So, I could probably just google this,....but from where is the temp for PWM getting it from?  I'm looking this up on the googles....

BTW, at no load [nothing running but this forum, the Lian Li controller, and HWiNFO64], with CPU temp at 31c, the fans are running at ~1060 rpm.
post edited by RAVENEVGA - 2022/06/25 11:22:46

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 11:25:26 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Thanks!  I wasn't sure how it would happen, but it looks like it all went well.

Um.....I guess I'll have to update the signature line.......as soon as I know what to change it to.  hehe

Update on the fan thing:

Default Fan Speed        30%

Level 1 Temperature     25
Level 1 Fan Speed        35%

Level 2 Fan Speed        55%

So, I could probably just google this,....but from where is the temp for PWM getting it from?  I'm looking this up on the googles....

for ur sig, because the WHEA errors are gone in HWiNF64, u want to add a line for "Physical Memory Model#:" like in my sig and add ur RAM's Model Number and change ur Mainboard line from, "Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS v1.03)", to "Mainboard: EVGA Z690 CLASSIFIED (BIOS vX.XX)" IDK what version u updated to so i said, vX.XX.

To Update Sig:
1. Click on User Control Panel on top of any this Page.
2. Along left side on Edit Profile Tab click on "Signature and Comment".
3. Add info in right pane.

Edit:
and time to Enable "Auto Start" for HWiNFO64. (Right click its icon in SysTray click on Settings.) Just having that timer at the bottom begin every time the PC starts, is priceless.
post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/25 11:39:43

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 11:39:27 (permalink)
Okay, I updated the signature line a bit.  I'll have to come back later when I figure out what version of BIOS I'm using.  I suppose I'd have to go into BIOS to get that.

As for the PWM fans, do those figures look good or would you suggest tweaking them some?  Not sure if you saw my latest update on that post:

"BTW, at no load [nothing running but this forum, the Lian Li controller, and HWiNFO64], with CPU temp at 31c, the fans are running at ~1060 rpm."

I'm heading over to my sister's house now.  Thanks again for all the advice, help, support,...everything!!  :-)

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 11:43:02 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Okay, I updated the signature line a bit.  I'll have to come back later when I figure out what version of BIOS I'm using.  I suppose I'd have to go into BIOS to get that.

As for the PWM fans, do those figures look good or would you suggest tweaking them some?  Not sure if you saw my latest update on that post:

"BTW, at no load [nothing running but this forum, the Lian Li controller, and HWiNFO64], with CPU temp at 31c, the fans are running at ~1060 rpm."

I'm heading over to my sister's house now.  Thanks again for all the advice, help, support,...everything!!  :-)

NP congratz again! remember BIOS version in Sig.

to check BIOS version in Windows: Click on Start Button, search "System Information", open System Information, scroll down to "BIOS Version/Date". Mine says, "BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends International, LLC. 1.03, 12/3/2021".

post edited by Bee_Dee_3_Dee - 2022/06/25 12:08:19

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49165
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/25 12:06:14 (permalink)
Glad to hear your whea errors were fixed by using the beta bios provided by EVGATech_LeeM.
RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/26 07:31:54 (permalink)
Thanks, Sajin.  I am too.  The only thing that really changed was that, for some reason, when the system came back up, the PIN option stopped working.  Not sure what that's about.  

Bee, I went to System Info...and this is what it says:

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends International, LLC. 0.00, 6/21/2022   

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/26 07:37:43 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Thanks, Sajin.  I am too.  The only thing that really changed was that, for some reason, when the system came back up, the PIN option stopped working.  Not sure what that's about.  

Bee, I went to System Info...and this is what it says:

BIOS Version/Date    American Megatrends International, LLC. 0.00, 6/21/2022   

check in BIOS it will give correct info there. Window's System Information utility is rarely where ppl check for a BIOS' version. And because urs is Beta maybe that's why Window's System Information can't read it correctly.

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/26 07:48:53 (permalink)
Okay.  I can do that.  Should it be fairly easy to find?

Also, before I go there, I was having an issue where iCUE [I downloaded recently] doesn't have the "Screens" portion of the software that allows controlling Corsair products.  Just "Sensors".  One of the members said that "I may need to go into BIOS and enable SPD Write".  Does that sound like this is what I'd need to do?

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/26 08:21:11 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
Okay.  I can do that.  Should it be fairly easy to find?

Also, before I go there, I was having an issue where iCUE [I downloaded recently] doesn't have the "Screens" portion of the software that allows controlling Corsair products.  Just "Sensors".  One of the members said that "I may need to go into BIOS and enable SPD Write".  Does that sound like this is what I'd need to do?

there's a place in BIOS for system info to find it.

maybe lower left or that Home drop down screen u used yesterday.

i thought u'd seen System Info in BIOS recently... just dig around -- but no worries; i always document things because it can be a few days weeks or months between repeating things -- when i document things, i save the info in a word document, save it in a folder called "How To's". Beginning of last week i Documented terminology for BIOS related to this MOBO from its manual so i could quickly reference it in days weeks or months from now -- Proactive always wins in the end. After all, there will come a time for me to finally upgrade to M.2's.

IDK about iCUE.

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/26 08:48:25 (permalink)
I'm sure I did.  

I was about to go into BIOS.  Was watching a YouTube video [all I had up at the time], and had another screen freeze where I had to push the Reset button.  It booted back up,...I brought up Chrome to get to this forum, then it rebooted again.  But it looks like, though the new BIOS fixed the WHEA errors, the "freezing screen" thing is another issue.  Driver update or something, I suppose.

Windows 11 Pro

Bee_Dee_3_Dee
SSC Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/26 09:13:10 (permalink)
RAVENEVGA
I'm sure I did.  

I was about to go into BIOS.  Was watching a YouTube video [all I had up at the time], and had another screen freeze where I had to push the Reset button.  It booted back up,...I brought up Chrome to get to this forum, then it rebooted again.  But it looks like, though the new BIOS fixed the WHEA errors, the "freezing screen" thing is another issue.  Driver update or something, I suppose.

when u say "Reset" u do mean the "Restart" button on the front of ur case, right?

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/26 09:13:10 (permalink)
Okay, I went into the BIOS screen....and it literally says v0.00 in the lower right corner.

As for the iCUE, I changed that setting to "enabled", and now am able to use the color settings. 

Windows 11 Pro

RAVENEVGA
iCX Member
Re: Initial Bios Test. What do these numbers mean? 2022/06/26 09:24:28 (permalink)
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
RAVENEVGA
I'm sure I did.  

when u say "Reset" u do mean the "Restart" button on the front of ur case, right?

Yes, the button on the front of the case.

Windows 11 Pro

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 7
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile