EVGA

EVGA XR1 PRO - OBS - Black Screen Every 10 (or so) seconds

Author
pearteachar
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/06/05 19:02:53 (permalink)
I recently bought a the XR1 Pro to capture the screen of my IPad Pro 11".
Originally I was having the HDCP problem. I went ahead and updated the driver and downloaded the HDCP Control for XR1 lite (). This enabled the screen to show up as input for OBS.

I am now running into another problem where the screen will go black every 10 or so seconds. I was reading other posts and it seemed like no solution has been found yet. I would like assistance in solving this.

3 Replies Related Threads

pearteachar
    Re: EVGA XR1 PRO - OBS - Black Screen Every 10 (or so) seconds 2022/06/07 06:50:28 (permalink)
    Figured out a fix! For anyone else that is having this problem, this might help.
    I tried switching out cables. First my XR1 to the computer, using a USBC-USBC vs the provided USBC-2USBA.
    I then tried switching out my IPad dongle. I was using an Anker Direct 6-in-1 USBC PD Media Hub. However I noticed it heating up and I thought that could be the reason it shut down. I went and bought an Apple USBC-AV dongle. That gets hot also. However, I was able to test it and it would stay on. I believe the Anker probably has some feature that causes it to shutoff earlier.
    itmatty
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: EVGA XR1 PRO - OBS - Black Screen Every 10 (or so) seconds 2022/06/07 18:42:03 (permalink)
    Thanks.. this was a lot of help.  Trying to record my ipad games, but OBS not allowing it.  Having to do tons of research to fix a problem that EVGA knows people will have is a great way to kill their product.  Would've liked to see a switch to disable/enable hdcp or have the knob do it some how.   having to use some janky looking script is not consumer friendly at all.

i'm having some blank screens come occasionally, but I can't confirm that it's the xr1 pro or if I need to do something like you.  How is the Apple AV dongle doing?  Sorta expensive for what is probably the same as the cheap 30$ ones, but if it works better, than I guess it is the only overpriced option.
    pearteachar
    Re: EVGA XR1 PRO - OBS - Black Screen Every 10 (or so) seconds 2022/06/10 12:49:45 (permalink)
    Hey itmatty! Apple AV dongle seems to work fine. I still need to watch out for using it TOO long, but that's about 2 hours or so. It's good enough for my uses right now.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile