EVGA

EVGA X15 Serious Bug

Author
ronaldo09
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/05/10 17:21:45 (permalink)
I bought EVGA X15 for MMO game, but I can't use it because of this mouse software

Use CTRL+KEY combinations such as CTRL+1, CTRL+2, CTRL+3 in MMO games

However, setting and using ctrl+key(E-SHIFT) causes a problem of switching to Windows during the game

Please improve it

The MMO game uses all CTRL+all keys, SHIFT+all keys, ALT+all keys, if possible, please improve it to be set in EVGA X15 mouse software

I don't know English well, so I used a translator I apologize for my poor translation
post edited by ronaldo09 - 2022/05/11 14:56:43

11 Replies Related Threads

Xirox
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/17 04:55:24 (permalink)
    Hey guys, I have the same problem.

I bought the X15 yesterday for use at work, mainly music, 3d modeling, animation drawing and illustration programs amongst others. I love the mouse, but the "Unleash RGB" software to map Macros and Keys which is mainly what I use it for and what i bought it for, the reason why I bought this mouse keeps erasing them and changing them from the program every 5 minutes, has a big list of unfuctionalities and bugs, bottom line it's broken. In sum, it's useless. It was advertised as a fully functional mouse with a fully functional Programable Keys and Macros Software. I'm sure you're aware of the problem.

C'mon guys, this is EVGA, you can do better than that.

Can we get a response about this deal? What's happening with this issue? Is there a way to fix it? Do you guys have a hot fix coming?

I have the latest drivers and latest software installed.

Thank you guys and have a great day. 
    post edited by Xirox - 2022/05/17 05:00:23
    Xirox
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/19 15:33:18 (permalink)
    Follow up Guys?

Cheers. 
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/19 15:51:14 (permalink)
    You may want to contact EVGA directly here.

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    Xirox
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/19 16:01:43 (permalink)
    BizSAR
    You may want to contact EVGA directly .

Thanks Biz 👍
    EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/19 16:22:23 (permalink)
    ronaldo09
    I bought EVGA X15 for MMO game, but I can't use it because of this mouse software

Use CTRL+KEY combinations such as CTRL+1, CTRL+2, CTRL+3 in MMO games

However, setting and using ctrl+key(E-SHIFT) causes a problem of switching to Windows during the game

Please improve it

The MMO game uses all CTRL+all keys, SHIFT+all keys, ALT+all keys, if possible, please improve it to be set in EVGA X15 mouse software

I don't know English well, so I used a translator I apologize for my poor translation

You Can create custom macros with Ctrl + any key or shift + any key...  then assign them to any of the buttons on the mouse. The Eshift itself works as enabling 2nd layer/function for each of the keys. So 1 button can have 2 separate functions when the eshift is pressed. 

Xirox
    Hey guys, I have the same problem.

I bought the X15 yesterday for use at work, mainly music, 3d modeling, animation drawing and illustration programs amongst others. I love the mouse, but the "Unleash RGB" software to map Macros and Keys which is mainly what I use it for and what i bought it for, the reason why I bought this mouse keeps erasing them and changing them from the program every 5 minutes, has a big list of unfuctionalities and bugs, bottom line it's broken. In sum, it's useless. It was advertised as a fully functional mouse with a fully functional Programable Keys and Macros Software. I'm sure you're aware of the problem.

C'mon guys, this is EVGA, you can do better than that.

Can we get a response about this deal? What's happening with this issue? Is there a way to fix it? Do you guys have a hot fix coming?

I have the latest drivers and latest software installed.

Thank you guys and have a great day. 

Unleash is not required to be running in the background. Any changes you make will save to the mouse and you can close Unleash. This includes any keymaps and or macros assigned to each key. There shouldn't be any reason for any of these settings to reset even if Unleash is running in the background. Make sure you're not cycling through the on board profiles. If you are only going to have 1 single configuration you can reassign the P button under the scroll wheel and make sure that you are only the main profile through the software and close Unleash to lock yourself to that one profile. 

Xirox
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/20 13:57:49 (permalink)
    hey james, thanks for your response.

just went trough this steps.

work with me on this.

steps:
    1 - assign button 11 to Media:"Volume Up"
    2 - assign button 12 to Media: "Volume Down"
    3 - assign E-Shift left click mouse to Macro change desktop left "ctrl+win key+left arrow"
    4 - assign E-Shift right click mouse to Macro change desktop right "ctrl+win key+right arrow"

hit apply

steps 3 and 4 go back to default.

did it again 4 times then the Macros 3 and 4 stayed.

when the Macros stayed, I placed the following Macro in the 4 key:

5 - print portion of screen: "ctrl+PrtScrn" and hit apply

and the Macros 3 and 4 went back to default.

where can I start trouble shooting?

is there a way to input the macros on a .txt file?

post edited by Xirox - 2022/05/20 14:00:03
    EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/20 14:14:58 (permalink)
    Make sure you have the latest version of Unleash installed since we recently released a new version. 
    You can try clicking on apply after each time you make a change or assign a new key function. 

Xirox
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/20 16:53:44 (permalink)
    EVGA_James
    Make sure you have the latest version of Unleash installed since we recently released a new version. 

I have the latest that's on your website, can you link me to the latest just to be sure?
    EVGA_James
    You can try clicking on apply after each time you make a change or assign a new key function. 

James, that's what I'm doing James.

elvinmagical
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/23 18:09:48 (permalink)
    There is a bug with macro assignment that when saving button config, if E-SHIFT toggle is on, the non-E-SHIFT macros previously assigned may be lost and changed to "Default".

The current workaround is to always toggle E-SHIFT to off before saving button changes. Those macros assigned in E-SHIFT and non-E-SHIFT modes will remain intact.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/27 07:57:06 (permalink)

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Xirox
    Re: EVGA X15 Serious Bug 2022/05/30 17:49:16 (permalink)
    The latest  EVGA UNLEASH RGB v1.0.17.0 (X20/X17/15/12 drivers) hasn't fixed all the issues. Has some serious issues rendering my X15 a paperweight. It does work better than the latest driver/software but not better than the latest BETA in my system (EVGA_UnleashRGB_1.0.16.2(BETA)

1- The sleep function doesn't work. You set it to a time, and it goes back to zero. Neither it goes to sleep. I have to unplugged it if not the leds remain on the whole day and night if I'm doing a render. Come on. Leds have a long life time span, but they can dim or malfunction. Plugin and unplugging a mouse will wear down the usb of the computer AND mouse and it's not a god idea. 

2 - Sometimes I can assign freely for half n hour everything I like in the order I like, the all of the sudden  ten minutes later or so ALL the Macros and Keys go back to default.

3 - Sometimes Macros that were replaced by other Macros, re-assign themselves to the key they had before, after being re-assigned by other Macros, same key. A pain the butt.

4 - The software freezes and I have to unplug and plug back in the mouse. 

5 - The layout on the "Macro List "On Board" tab is unreadable. 

6 - The flow of assigning keys and macros to the mouse is broken. Once you open the tab, gets difficult cuz some are to the right some to the left. The latest software half fixed that. 

If the software for a 30 something button mouse does not work is worthless. Don't take it as an offense. It is my work mouse. The mouse I use for work. And game and browse. I was going to buy the 80$ percent range one but since I saw it was EVGA I said why the hell not. EVGA equals quality.

The mouse is really good, just fix the software, listen to the customers and place in the software what the features they are asking and need and start selling it (looking at Akai, listened to their customers after 15 years and their units are selling strong years after their releases. The other competition did not listen, they're not doing that good tbh). The internet forums are filled with people who have a paper weight instead of a mouse, the X15. If not people are just going to by other mouses and the X15 is just going to get a bad rap, bad fame. 

My feature Wishlist since I am a power user and I use it 16 hours a day for work and gaming, and browsing. Technically a Key and Macro power house. I have other peripherals with functions assigned to them, as well as a second keyboard with Macros and stuff assigned with LUA with AutoHotKeys:

Suggestion to make the Software better:

1 - Make available to move up and down the Macros in the Macro Library window. Not gonna explain why, its self explanatory. That would be a big improvement to keep things organized.

2 - Make the window resizable, so for example the Macro Library Tab can be seen as a whole, without the need to move around the bottom bar to see the whole functions of mentioned Tab.

3 - Work just a bit more the drop down menu that lists the Keys and Macros. Make it seamlessly, flowable. Just open the drop down menu and no need to move the mouse cursor left or right to hit the Keys or Macros. Just scroll down and up, and everything is aligned.

4 - Make available a programmable Key for "Sniper Mode". That alone will kill the competition. Guaranteed.

5 - on the Weblink key option, only the home page of an url can be placed, i.e - www. evga. com- If its programmed that I can go beyond the home page i.e - https:// forums.evga. zzz /EVGA-X15-Serious-Bug-m3551514.aspx#3553113 - It would make a great difference.

6 - Make available the option not only to go to "My Computer", but to any folder one wishes, any folder one inputs in the software. Who wouldn't want to buy this hypothetical mouse with everything working and all the suggestions, plus the ones I'll come up with these days??? It would be a working station power mouse, a gaming beast mouse (programable snipper key), a high end productivity mouse.

7 - Apply as a feature a double click E-Shift. That works that if you double click the E-Shift button, the "shift' layer stays on, then it's double clicked again and comes back to the normal layer. You can press it once and keep it pressed as normal to use the shift layer. I know there's a toggle button option, haven't tried it, but a double click addition will be super useful. Let the user input how many milliseconds or seconds between clicks to enter the second layer and stay "locked in" the second layer. 

8 - Export whole Macro Layers and the whole Macro layers of the mouse. Not only Macro Keys. Come on, for real?

9 - Make that users can choose in what order the Macros are in the Macro Library tab. For ease of use. If I'm assigning a Macro to e-shift left click, and the Macro for e-shift right click is 20 Macros below, I cant find it. 

These are features that when I use the mouse I **need* them. I'm absolutely sure other users will need and make use of these and even buy this mouse bc of these functions. 

The mouse is great, made of good materials, keys are not flimsy and work awesomely and flawlessly, report rate is off the charts, literally, the price is awesome, it appeals to power users, to gamers, to people who work with softwares and are "Macro Freaks", fix up the software and be kind with it and I can assure you lots of people's attention and YouTube channels will gravitate instantly towards this mouse for all these users mentioned above.

Make a comeback. Start selling. Come back from the dead: "The software for the X15 has been fixed and totally re-imagined from the bottom up.(...)" and yadda yadda yadda. If not at least I'm giving it back and buying that you know which mouse in the 80$% range that works perfectly out of the box, the one that looks almost the same plus has tons of goodies in the software, **it works**, and they're kind with their software features. Plus it has a ton of other benefits. And sticking to only buying EVGA PSU's. In case I need for a reason to buy an EVGA PSU as there are tons of other brands super quality PSU options at the same price range. 

Alright, good luck guys. 

post edited by Xirox - 2022/06/01 20:20:37
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile