EVGA

EVGA order cancel Nightmare

Author
ymulahussain
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/05/19 18:04:19 (permalink)
Last month I got an email for EVGA about graphics cards being back in stock, so in my excitement, I decided to order two 3080s for my friend for 2000 USD or 2590 CAD in my local currency after transaction fees and me. I realized the next day, in under 24hrs, that it was way too expensive for me, and my friend didn't want one, so I decided to cancel the order instead of manually returning it and paying return shipping and customs or selling it.
So I call EVGA to ask about what are my options; I am told it has already been shipped, so they cant cancel it outright, but for 18 USD, they will recall my order before it gets to my house; a week goes by, and the package is still travelling towards my house, I ask UPS about it if any recall was issued I am told no recall was issued, and it will be delivered in 3 days, I also get an invoice for customs fee for 268 CAD now my province only has a 5% customs tax, not 10% so now I definitely don't want this order apparently UPS takes their own cut that is equivalent to customs which is crazy I find out that is because it was shipped using UPS standard not expedited, every time I have ordered from EVGA it has been sent with expedited this time it was standard.

I called EVGA and explained to them that it wasn't being recalled, and UPS was not aware of any recall; the guy on the phone explained that I should just refuse delivery and just let it come back to them. I ask him what if it is lost, and he tells me it is covered by insurance. I call UPS to make SURE it is, and they confirm. 3 days later, UPS came over to deliver it, and I refused the package as instructed; asking the UPS driver if it would be returned to the sender, and he confirmed it will.

A week goes by, and the tracking number shows no activity whatsoever, I call UPS, and they tell me they do not ship it back unless the sender requests it back after they notify them about the package. I call EVGA again, and this time I make sure to get their name in case anything goes sideways; he tells me yeah, it looks like no one requested it back, so he emails UPS to send it back; he tells me it should be back in a week, I ask if I will get a full refund of what I spent; he confirms, and I ask him if I will be charged any extra shipping costs he tells me no.

After two weeks, the tracking number updates, and it states that it is headed back to EVGA. The next day I received a credit for the 18 USD I spent on the recall fee; worried, I called them, and I was told that I should have never refused the package and that again, I have to wait until they received the item and can get a refund, I ask again if I will get a full refund or will anything be deducted from me, I am told that they will deduct any shipping or customs charges, which they shouldn't since all customs charges are refunded it a package is returned.

Now it's been a bit over a month. I am out 2590 CAD; if I get a full refund, my bank will only give me back 2490 CAD since transaction fees, and I am OK with that, but now I am told you might as well just pay customs. Should I have made up my mind before ordering? Sure. Do I deserve to wait a whole month and still not have my money back? What do you think?

1 Reply Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: EVGA order cancel Nightmare 2022/05/19 20:06:26 (permalink)
    I can provide no insight or help, but I did want to say that I hope this is resolved soon just so you can have some weight off your shoulders. I will encourage you to stay in contact with EVGA, and also contact support@evga.com and explain what has occurred just so you can have an email chain to follow versus just phone calls. The email chain will give you the ability to reference back and have a paper trail to track everything.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile