EVGA

Australian Fortnite cheater has been forced to pay up following lost legal battle

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102291
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2022/05/11 04:16:21 (permalink)
https://www.overclock3d.net/news/software/australian_fortnite_cheater_has_been_forced_to_pay_up_following_lost_legal_battle/1

Fortnite cheater has been forced to pay Epic Games following lost legal battle
In April 2021, Epic Games took the Australian Fortnite cheater "BlazeFN" to court for unlawfully breaking Fortnite's end user license agreement (EULA) and terms of service by selling Fortnite accounts and cheats to other players. On his illegal cheats shop, BlazeFN sold aim-bots, access to inactive Fortnite accounts that had rate items, popular skins and pre-completed battle passes, V-Bucks, and other products. BlazeFN also infringed Epic Games' copyrights by making their online store look like Fortnite's Item Shop. The Australian courts sided with Epic Games in these proceedings and against BlazeFN and their illegal Fortnite cheat shop. Brandon Despotakis, BlazeFN, has been forced to pay damages to Epic Games and has released a public apology on Twitter. It is currently unknown how how much BlazeFN has been forced to pay Epic Games, though Epic Games has stated that these damaged will be donated to Child's Play, a charity that's dedicated to improving the lives of children and teens in hospital. 
Below is BlazeFN's public apology in full.

"Hey everyone, this is BlazeFN. Until very recently I sold unauthorised Fortnite cheats and compromised Fortnite player accounts. I won’t be doing this anymore because Epic Games caught me and commenced legal proceedings against me in Australia.
I am also subject to legal restrictions that prevent me from doing this in the future and have to pay a monetary settlement which Epic will donate to charity.
I’d like to apologize to the Fortnite community. What I did was illegal and gave players an unfair advantage over other people who play by the rules. I won’t do this ever again.
Please do not contact me about Fortnite cheats or Fortnite player accounts."

Epic Games has released the following statement regarding its legal battle against BlazeFN.
   Selling compromised player accounts and cheat technologies puts people’s information at risk and ruins the experience for people who are playing fairly. We take the illegal sale of these items seriously and we’ll pursue all available options to make sure our games remain fun, fair and never pay-to-win.
At this time, it is unknown how many cheat creators Epic Games has targeted with legal proceedings. With these efforts, Epic Games plans to curb cheating within Fortnite by targeting cheats at their source. 

The lesson learned here is not to cheat when gaming. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile