This means that the 3080ti is a better card than the 3090 card
post edited by philipma1957 - 2022/05/08 09:53:45

14 Replies Related Threads

ObscureEmpyre
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 972
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 10:02:48 (permalink)
    I just hope that unlocking these cards doesn’t renew a push for miners & scalpers to buy in bulk and deplete stocks around the world again.

philipma1957
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 593
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 12:09:30 (permalink)
    Nope. It may mean cheap gpus are right around the corner .

If you don't mind a used one say a 3090 at 1000 usd
    harmain.khan
    • Total Posts : 8
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 12:54:33 (permalink)
    New gpus will be LHR v4, which are not hecked yet… so I think stocks will deplete. The 3060 on evga sold out within minutes of the nicehash news…. 3090 is a bad mining card now
    ObscureEmpyre
    SSC Member
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 13:16:28 (permalink)
    It’s friggin ridiculous. Something else really ought to be invented to mine with. After all, these are graphics processing units, emphasis on the graphics part.

Cancel077
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 187
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 13:39:44 (permalink)
    ObscureEmpyre
    I just hope that unlocking these cards doesn’t renew a push for miners & scalpers to buy in bulk and deplete stocks around the world again.

Eth merge is literally in 5-6 months. I think it'll actually happen this year. Anyone purchasing new rigs won't make ROI by then. I don't think it's worth buying cards for mining these days, after the merge maybe because it'll be much clearer. But risky risky. Could be good if the merge gets delayed again. Who knows

Please use my Associate Code for up to 10% discounts on your EVGA purchases at the checkout: 8IT954OVFQ17LN9

GPUS - In stock only

jaredbyoung
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 16:16:34 (permalink)
    ObscureEmpyre

One, supply has largely caught up to demand for gaming cards.

Two, miners are still and have been making plenty of money. That is NOT why the situation has changed.

Three, ETH is going to Proof of Steak in 2-3 months or a few months after that if things don't go well (and historically things have not gone well). This is why miners haven't been buying all the cards. At elevated prices it has been taking about 9 months of full time mining to break even on a card. So 3 months isn't going to do the trick.

philipma1957
    SSC Member
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 17:22:49 (permalink)
    jaredbyoung
    ObscureEmpyre

One, supply has largely caught up to demand for gaming cards.

Two, miners are still and have been making plenty of money. That is NOT why the situation has changed.

Three, ETH is going to Proof of Steak in 2-3 months or a few months after that if things don't go well (and historically things have not gone well). This is why miners haven't been buying all the cards. At elevated prices it has been taking about 9 months of full time mining to break even on a card. So 3 months isn't going to do the trick.

Right now money is sitting out. I can get 100 cards at okay prices, but summer is coming and I know I will have a heat issue.
    I can get 20 s17's and they would likely over heat when the summer comes.

At times miners finally fill their rooms/warehouses etc. Expansion looks risky at the moment.

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 18:53:42 (permalink)
    Shouldn't this be in the news section or just deleted? The last thing we need is ANYTHING promoting mining. If you're a miner, you're on my list of most hated.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

philipma1957
    SSC Member
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 19:50:49 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    Shouldn't this be in the news section or just deleted? The last thing we need is ANYTHING promoting mining. If you're a miner, you're on my list of most hated.

I am trying to teach the uniformed gamers why they need to embrace mining ⛏ as mining is the a great incentive for creating solar arrays.

It has been an uphill battle as most gamers simply shut down as to why mining is good for gaming not bad.

As long as gamers hate miners I will always effort to explain to them why embracing mining is what they need to do.

I just got approval for my largest solar array to date 

285 kwatts it will be installed by June 30th.
    I will be up to 445 kwatts in solar arrays that mining allowed me to create.

Sad that you hate what you do not understand.
    You understand a hammer 🔨 it can build and do great things if properly used.
    it can also kill.

mining can be used for huge solar arrays world wide = good
    mining can be used to burn dirty fuel world wide = bad.

you hate needs to be directed at improper mining
    just like you would hate a person that hits someone with a hammer.

it belongs here because it directly affected purchases of evga 3000 series cards.
    post edited by philipma1957 - 2022/05/08 19:52:52
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/08 22:40:41 (permalink)
    philipma1957
    HeavyHemi

I am trying to teach the uniformed gamers why they need to embrace mining ⛏ as mining is the a great incentive for creating solar arrays.

It has been an uphill battle as most gamers simply shut down as to why mining is good for gaming not bad.

As long as gamers hate miners I will always effort to explain to them why embracing mining is what they need to do.

I just got approval for my largest solar array to date 

285 kwatts it will be installed by June 30th.
    I will be up to 445 kwatts in solar arrays that mining allowed me to create.

Sad that you hate what you do not understand.
    You understand a hammer 🔨 it can build and do great things if properly used.
    it can also kill.

mining can be used for huge solar arrays world wide = good
    mining can be used to burn dirty fuel world wide = bad.

you hate needs to be directed at improper mining
    just like you would hate a person that hits someone with a hammer.

it belongs here because it directly affected purchases of evga 3000 series cards.

There is no such thing as 'proper mining'.  What does mining produce? Nothing. All you're doing is wasting power and contributing to environmental damage and none of your silly arguments has any substance.  Just as mining has ZERO substance. Bit coin is a ponzi scheme and those who contribute to it, should apologize instead of trying to justify their useless waste of energy. Instead of wasting KW of power mining, you could use that power to contribute by taking less from the grid or silly me, sell that power to the utility. Greed, pure and simple.
    You posted a lot of noise but not a SINGLE REASON mining is good for gaming and you never will. Just as you will never provide a a single reason that mining is not purely a waste of watts producing nothing of value. You lost the argument before you even started. Mining for bit coin is bad, period. The end.
    post edited by HeavyHemi - 2022/05/08 22:43:03

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/09 07:19:48 (permalink)
    moving to software

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

fugly16
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 235
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/09 07:30:39 (permalink)
    Here I am bummed that I have to RMA my 3080 hybrid to likely get a LHR one back.  I guess no need to worry now lol

3080 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid 
    philipma1957
    SSC Member
    Flagged as Spam (1)
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/09 19:58:11 (permalink)
    As I announced we created our third solar array.
    we should produce many megawatts of power for years to come.
    Here in New Jersey we have the ability to sell our power to our residential members.

Out largest array will do a constant 47 kwatts an hour.

We can sell that power at 8 cents which is 6 cents lower than the local power company.
    Since 47kwatts could do about seven homes any and all of those homes could game at reduced power costs.

While it may seem small it is what just 150 gpus can create.
    Enough power for 7 or 8 homes at six cents lower per kwatt.

if you use 3000 kwatts in a month that is a 180 dollar savings.

As I mentioned the uninformed simply don‘t believe real math.

I can also move my 150 cards to the next warehouse I locate here in NJ and do this again.
    So far we did A 45kwatt location
    moved and did a 115kwatt location
    and now are finishing a 285kwatt location

these are legal hard iron gear on rooftops.
    created because of eth gpu and asic btc mining.

When I get the next project maybe I will post.
    It is very hard to convince people how easy safe and legal it is to do in the correct states.
    This is evidenced by heavyhemi which I suspect is an engine lover of a fast n furious type car.

The funny thing is as I type Exxon is mining flare gas in North Dakota and has plans to do this in
    south Dakota and Texas.

Exxon produces lots of flare gas that they used to burn off since pipelines are not practical.
    So now Exxon does not waste that flare gas.
    Fact look it up .

I will always push digital coin mining as I am inform on how to leverage the burned power into clean power that helps people including gamers.

I am sure I will not convince heavyhemi that he does not understand and would actually push properly leverage mining if he knew what it can do.
    It is sad that I am not skilled enough to explain a fair and correct way to mine responsibly is being done by many people all over the world.
     Wish I could do it he would be happier if I good. 
    ObscureEmpyre
    SSC Member
    Re: NBminer has unlocked LHR 100% 2022/05/09 20:22:24 (permalink)
    philipma1957
    As I announced we created our third solar array.
    we should produce many megawatts of power for years to come.
    Here in New Jersey we have the ability to sell our power to our residential members.

Out largest array will do a constant 47 kwatts an hour.

We can sell that power at 8 cents which is 6 cents lower than the local power company.
    Since 47kwatts could do about seven homes any and all of those homes could game at reduced power costs.

While it may seem small it is what just 150 gpus can create.
    Enough power for 7 or 8 homes at six cents lower per kwatt.

if you use 3000 kwatts in a month that is a 180 dollar savings.

As I mentioned the uninformed simply don‘t believe real math.

I can also move my 150 cards to the next warehouse I locate here in NJ and do this again.
    So far we did A 45kwatt location
    moved and did a 115kwatt location
    and now are finishing a 285kwatt location

these are legal hard iron gear on rooftops.
    created because of eth gpu and asic btc mining.

When I get the next project maybe I will post.
    It is very hard to convince people how easy safe and legal it is to do in the correct states.
    This is evidenced by heavyhemi which I suspect is an engine lover of a fast n furious type car.

The funny thing is as I type Exxon is mining flare gas in North Dakota and has plans to do this in
    south Dakota and Texas.

Exxon produces lots of flare gas that they used to burn off since pipelines are not practical.
    So now Exxon does not waste that flare gas.
    Fact look it up .

I will always push digital coin mining as I am inform on how to leverage the burned power into clean power that helps people including gamers.

I am sure I will not convince heavyhemi that he does not understand and would actually push properly leverage mining if he knew what it can do.
    It is sad that I am not skilled enough to explain a fair and correct way to mine responsibly is being done by many people all over the world.
     Wish I could do it he would be happier if I good. 

Basically, you’re saying you’ve used the profits from mining to invest in solar power. Is that the gist of it?

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile