Bethesda Launches Bethesda.net Steam Game Migration Tool

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102250
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2022/04/29 09:56:28 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/294341/bethesda-launches-bethesda-net-steam-game-migration-tool

Bethesda announced earlier this year that they would be shutting down their Bethesda.net launcher and moving all games to Steam. Bethesda has now enabled the functionality to transfer any games owned on a Bethesda.net account to a Steam account using the new Transfer Page. The migration process will include all games and DLC in addition to cloud saves, and any virtual wallet currency. The Bethesda.net launcher will be retired on May 11th with game launching no longer available from that date.

You can transfer your Bethesda.net game library to Steam here.

Q: How will I play my games?
A: We encourage our Bethesda.net Launcher community to continue their experience on Steam. April 27, you will be able to migrate your Bethesda.net library to your Steam account. Any title you own on the Bethesda.net Launcher will be available to you free on Steam. Your purchases will carry over to your Steam account. Many game saves will also transfer, however some may require manual copying. For more information on which games will require you to manually move your saves, please see our FAQ Entry "What happens to my game progression and saves?".

Q: What will happen to the Bethesda.net launcher?
A: You will continue to have access to the Bethesda.net Launcher and access your games until May 11. Starting on May 11, you will no longer be able to play and access your games within the Bethesda.net Launcher.

Q: Will I still need a Bethesda.net account if I no longer use the launcher after transferring to Steam?
A: Yes. Many of our games and services still rely on you to have a Bethesda.net account. This will allow you to retain access to Bethesda.net services including game mods, in-game items like skins, and access to exclusive news and updates.

Q: Will I have access to the games I own on the Bethesda.net launcher available to me on Steam?
A: Yes. You will need to take the steps to transfer your Bethesda.net account info to your Steam account. Once the migration process to Steam is available, we will let everyone know and update this FAQ with the link on where and how to migrate. Please note, that you may begin this process at any time after it becomes available, but inon May 11 you will no longer be able to play your purchased games on the Bethesda.net launcher. You will not lose access to your Library on Bethesda.net on May 11, only the ability to play them on the Launcher.

Q: What happens to my game progression and saves?
A: Should you choose to transfer your Bethesda.net library to your Steam account, you may find specific instructions on how to transfer your game progression and saves here. Some saves will automatically transfer, however some will require you to manually copy them to your Steam folder. At this time, we expect almost all save progress to be transferable automatically or manually with the exception of Wolfenstein: Youngblood, which currently is unable to transfer and DOOM Eternal which requires additional steps to transfer. You may find updated instructions specifically for DOOM Eternal here.
Virtual currency balances and game add-ons such as DLC and in-game skins will automatically transfer.

Q: Will my in-game virtual currency (Fallout 76 Atoms, Rage Tokens, Rage Coins, Wolfenstein: Youngblood Gold) be moved to Steam?
A: Yes. Your Bethesda.net Wallet will transfer over to Steam once you have completed the transfer process.

Q: Can I migrate to PlayStation or Xbox instead of Steam?
A: No. We are only able to support transferring your Bethesda.net account information on PC. We cannot transfer PC account information to consoles.

Q: May I migrate my account to another PC service instead of Steam?
A: No. We are only able to support transferring account information from the Bethesda.net launcher to Steam.

Q: Does the Launcher closing affect my Bethesda.net account?
A: No. You will still need to login to your Bethesda.net account to play our live titles such as Fallout 76 and access other services offered. Our games will continue to use a Bethesda.net account in the future.

Q: What about Fallout 76?
A: We have updated our FAQ for Fallout 76 to provide further details.

Q: Are all the same languages supported?
A: Yes.

Q: Will friends lists be merged? Will I need to re-friend friends I added on Bethesda.net?
A: Games that have the Bethesda.net Friends List will be merged after migration. This includes Fallout 76, DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein: Youngblood, The Elder Scrolls: Legends, Rage 2, and DEATHLOOP.

Q: Will the Bethesda.net Launcher sunset affect my ability to play The Elder Scrolls Online on PC?
A: No. The Elder Scrolls Online is unaffected by this change.

Q: What if I don't complete the migration within given time? Will my games disappear forever?
A: No. You will still retain access to your games and be able to migrate your Bethesda.net Library after the Launcher becomes inactive.

Q: What happens to my Bethesda.net game code if I don't redeem it before the deadline?
A: Bethesda.net keycodes will be honored on Steam when migration becomes available.

Q: What if the game I own on the Bethesda.net Launcher is not available on Steam?
A: With the sunsetting of the Bethesda.net Launcher, we will be making several of our titles available on Steam that were previously unavailable. This includes The Elder Scrolls Arena, The Elder Scrolls Daggerfall, Creation Kit for Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition, and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory. The Fallout 76 Public Test Server (PTS) is currently available on Steam as well.

Q: If I already own a game on Steam and Bethesda.net, how do I get the extra copy?
A: You will need to setup a separate Steam account for each Bethesda.net account that you have, and then link each Bethesda.net account to a separate Steam account. This will allow you to migrate your multiple Bethesda.net accounts to different Steam accounts. Then, login to each of your Bethesda.net accounts in turn and go through the migration process. Please note: Promotional Bethesda.net PC copies of Fallout 76, Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout: Tactics that were previously granted to Steam cannot be migrated to another account.

Q: What can I do if I accidentally linked the wrong account?
A: Prior to migrating, you will be able to Unlink your Steam account from your Bethesda.net account a limited number of times, so that you can re-link to the correct one. Our Support team will not be able to assist you if you linked the wrong account once the transfer has occurred.

Q: Will I need to redownload and install my game(s) through Steam?
A: Yes. If you do not currently have the game you are trying to run installed through Steam, you will need to download the latest version of the game before you can continue playing.

Q: What Steam account is attached to my BNET Account?
A: The Steam account BNET account is linked to is listed on the Transfer Games page, and also on the linked account page on the Bethesda.net website.

Q: Will Bethesda.net still sell products through the website?
A: No, we have ceased sales of our products on the Bethesda.net website. Please note, this does not include the official Bethesda Merchandise Store.

Q: How will I access my soundtracks?
A: Soundtracks will continue to be accessible in your account on Bethesda.net. To find them, navigate to Transaction History and Product Codes.

Q: Will this affect Slayers Club?
A: No.

Q: Is there a way I can still use my Bethesda.net Username/Nickname?
A: You can enter your Bethesda.net Username/Nickname as your Steam profile name if you choose to do so.

I wonder what took Bethesda so long. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

2 Replies Related Threads

Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Bethesda Launches Bethesda.net Steam Game Migration Tool 2022/04/29 10:18:28 (permalink)
    Bethesda needed to be more active to attract and keep users. 

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

Bobmitch
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8327
    • Ribbons : 47
    Re: Bethesda Launches Bethesda.net Steam Game Migration Tool 2022/04/30 05:24:40 (permalink)
    Transferred my games on the day it was available.  Took about 15 minutes for it to work...now all Bethesda games are on Steam.  Pretty painless

MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk;  Ryzen 9 5950X; Asus TUF RTX 4070 TI OC; Corsair H115i Pro; 32 GB  Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR4-3600; Western Digital Black 4 TB SN850X NVMe; Creative SoundBlaster Z; Corsair HX 850i;  Lian Li Lancool II;  EVGA Z15
    RGB Keyboard; and Razer Viper 8K Mouse
    Heatware:  http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=72402    Affiliate code: 1L2RV0BNQ6                                          
    Associate Code:  UD82LJP3Y1FIQPR

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile