EVGA

So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground?

Author
donta1979
Primarch
  • Total Posts : 15886
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 72
2022/04/21 12:39:14 (permalink)
So I purchased a 3080 12gb Ultra from the evga store on the 14th, it shipped last Friday at noon and was in transit to its destination via ground, got here on Tuesday. That is three days cool but that's not what I am annoyed at. The issue is I paid for 2nd day Air. EVGA sent it UPS Ground shipping from their warehouse in KY to FL. Ground stuff gets banged up glad the card works but the cards box and the box it was shipped in was beat up and on the verge of bursting due to going via UPS Ground. I paid extra to avoid that.

What I paid in my EVGA product the whole shipping
[Notice] EVGA Order ID 703—- Transaction Processed Apr 14 at 2:50 PM
Shipping via UPS 2nd Day Air: $49.95

UPS Ship Notification
04/15/2022 12:27 P.M. Label Created United States
UPS Service: UPS GROUND
Package was picked up around the same time and departed Walton KY at 8:36pm
If you look up the address to their KY location it is just a tiny bit north of the airport where packages for UPS go in and out, yet it was sent via truck.

My issue is I paid for 2nd day air and it was sent ground. Just blows my mind now someone in sales think that's ok EVGA sent my card via Ground Shipping while I paid for 2nd day air. Give me the free ground shipping then, and my 49.99 bucks back that is what was in the receipt and in the bill of sales business contract of what I paid for and fully didn't get. That is where my issue is, oh sorry about the inconvenience our bad. Almost tempted to call the credit card company after that response in the email. Do not take my money and not give me everything I paid for that includes shipping.
post edited by donta1979 - 2022/05/07 13:02:01

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
My Build
Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller

9 Replies Related Threads

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground? 2022/04/21 15:44:33 (permalink)
    It’s worth calling EVGA support but sometimes UPS decides the package would ship faster going ground then having to be routed to an airport UPS distribution center offloaded and then shipped out the the local distribution center.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground? 2022/04/21 16:12:36 (permalink)

Heh.. somewhat ironically, mine was sent 2nd day air (which I paid for), but it took 4 days anyway. 5 days if you include the day it shipped on. 5 days is ground shipping speed. Not EVGA's fault in my case, it was all courtesy of UPS.

post edited by Nereus - 2022/04/21 16:14:01

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

donta1979
    Primarch
    Re: So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground? 2022/04/22 11:43:05 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    It’s worth calling EVGA support but sometimes UPS decides the package would ship faster going ground then having to be routed to an airport UPS distribution center offloaded and then shipped out the the local distribution center.

I would love to call them but yeah since the card showed up on Tuesday, I had to cancel my root canal repair, and now have to wait until next month. If I didn't stay home the gpu had a high chance of walking off. So not really in the mood to move my jaw talking atm, and whoever I spoke to would think I have an attitude with them since I am in a ton of pain. Emailed sales and they seem to not understand I paid for 2nd day air, they printed the label for ground shipping, and didn't exactly give me what I paid for. EVGA made an additional 50 dollars off of me for ground shipping that was supposed to be 2nd day air. KY to FL would have been a direct flight it would had landed in Miami that night and been at my door on Monday. Even Cali if the package made it to LAX instead of being routed to Ontario California's airport that airport UPS is horrible. In the Air from KY to Miami FL would have been a lot faster than a truck traveling from KY to FL with lots of stops. You should get what you paid for on shipping, EVGA was paid for 2nd day air, they paid & printed the shipping label. They selected ground. That is what my issue is. I paid for 2nd Day air, and got ground shipping instead a bit dishonest when you charge someone that paid for 2nd day air and ground shipping was purchased instead. If the gpu box got here unmolested by the angry UPS Yeet I would had been like whatever but part of the box looks like it was thrown and stomped on and part of the GPU box has creases. Kind of the whole reason I paid for 2nd Day air, less angry hands on my card. Card works though and I got that going for me. Just a bit annoyed I paid extra for one thing and got something else that I paid more to avoid.

Nereus

Heh.. somewhat ironically, mine was sent 2nd day air (which I paid for), but it took 4 days anyway. 5 days if you include the day it shipped on. 5 days is ground shipping speed. Not EVGA's fault in my case, it was all courtesy of UPS.

Nerus, my guess is the Ontario California UPS hub. that place is horrible and they love sending packages the long way after holding them for excessive times as the staff moves slower than dead whales mating most of the time... Had that happen with my 3080 FTW3 Ultra Step-up, Ontario California held it longer than they should had both ways and made it wayyy late, it took my friend who is the head guy at our local ups hub, once i got off of work he dug for my gpu on the truck it was supposed to go out on and hand delivered it to me or it would had been after thanksgiving when I got it. I didn't even ask him to do it, he just saw my post on UPS's fb page post, and knows how long of a wait I have had since he sees my post. LAX UPS hub is fast, Ontario UPS hub is a borderline black hole.

post edited by donta1979 - 2022/04/24 18:18:22

Heatware   

My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18926
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground? 2022/04/22 12:01:42 (permalink)
    donta1979
    Nereus

Nerus, my guess is the Ontario California UPS hub. that place is horrible and they love sending packages the long way after holding them for excessive times as the staff moves slower than dead whales mating most of the time... Had that happen with my 3080 FTW3 Ultra Step-up, it took my friend who is the head guy at our local ups hub, once i got off of work he dug for my gpu on the truck it was supposed to go out on and hand delivered it to me or it would had been after thanksgiving when I got it. I didn't even ask him to do it, he just saw my post on UPS's fb page post, and knows how long of a wait I have had since he sees my post. LAX UPS hub is fast, Ontario UPS hub is a borderline black hole.

lol, awesome analogy.

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

Donradeon
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 396
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground? 2022/04/23 04:25:26 (permalink)
    Regardless of how slow UPS 2nd day air may be, if OP paid for 2nd day air he should get 2nd day air shipping. EVGA should rightly refund his shipping or the difference at least.

donta1979
    Primarch
    Re: So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground? 2022/04/24 18:19:37 (permalink)
    Nereus
    lol, awesome analogy.

I have a special hate for the Ontario California UPS hub and Airport...

Heatware   

My Build
    donta1979
    Primarch
    Re: So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground? 2022/05/04 12:56:23 (permalink)
    Donradeon
    Regardless of how slow UPS 2nd day air may be, if OP paid for 2nd day air he should get 2nd day air shipping. EVGA should rightly refund his shipping or the difference at least.

You get it, I am going to cut my loss it seems like one EVGA employee James I think cannot grasp that concept, it's not the shipping I paid for, and I paid more for shipping for less hands on it going by air. Joe Darwin it seems didn't answer my email and its been oh almost two weeks. So whatever, pretty sleazy doing that if you ask me. 

The location it was at, would had received it Monday. Their east coast warehouse is in the Amazon warehouse complex, that sits right by the major Airport with a UPS hub, would had been flown to Miami then made its way 60 miles north to me.
    post edited by donta1979 - 2022/05/04 13:12:11

Heatware   

My Build
    the_KiLlaBEE
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 228
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground? 2022/05/04 17:50:40 (permalink)
    UPS is just straight trash. Where i live in Socal LA  prefer Fed Ex

Follow my IG build @gotfps
    Intel Core i7 10700K • MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge WIFI • Corsair Dominator Platinum 8x4GB 32GB
    NZXT Kraken Z73 AIO • EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid • V1tech EVGA LED Backplate
    Samsung G77 32" Faker Edition • LG UltraGear 32" QHD Nano IPS Vertical
    WD Black 1TB SN750 M.2 2280 • Corsair 1TB MP600 Core M.2
     • Hyte Y60 White Case • Lian Li Infinity Fans x7 and Strimmers
    Seasonic Focus GX 850 • Corsair k100-Nexus Icue-Virtuoso XT
    ElGato Wavearm • Sound Blaster X Katana V2 • HyperX Quadcast S
    Razer Goliathus-Base Station-Bungee
    donta1979
    Primarch
    Re: So when does paying for 2nd day air become UPS ground? 2022/05/14 11:42:22 (permalink)
    the_KiLlaBEE
    UPS is just straight trash. Where i live in Socal LA  prefer Fed Ex

It is not really about that, UPS it depends on what hubs it hits.
    This is more or less I paid for 2nd Day UPS Air to EVGA, EVGA's logistics paid for and shipped my GPU UPS Ground. Something I tried to avoid by upgrading my shipping to not get the UPS ground shipping yeet of more hands being on your package or in this case my card.

Then the fact James at EVGA cannot grasp I PAID for 2nd Day air now UPS ground saying it still got there in two days technically 3 Friday it was in transit, Saturday/Sunday "does not count none business day", Monday "the day it would have gotten here if EVGA gave me the shipping I paid for where it shipped out of", Thursday "Day 3". Its not about the days, it's about how it was shipped UPS Ground and what I paid EVGA to have it shipped 2nd Day Air. 
    Also emailed Joe Darwin, sent that email out the 22nd of last month it is now the 14th, no response.

It is the principle of it, if someone pays you for upgraded shipping you ship it with that shipping. If you downgrade their shipping, you refund them the amount for the shipping service they didn't get. This is not UPS, this is all EVGA. I am just cutting my loss's Joe does not want to be a professional and respond, James has no concept of a customer should get the shipping they paid for and if they don't they should get that money back.
    post edited by donta1979 - 2022/05/14 11:45:58

Heatware   

My Build
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile