Dead G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 Module - Easy RMA

Author
ObscureEmpyre
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 972
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 7
2022/01/28 10:15:53 (permalink)
So, one of the modules in one of my DDR5 kits decided to stop working. It’s no longer detected in either Windows or the BIOS no matter the RAM slot. I tried it in multiple motherboards too. Still not detected. It’s outside of the return window, so what do I do? Request an RMA.

I went to G.SKILL’s website, found a dedicated RMA page, filled out my info, and now I’ve got an RMA in progress. No questions asked, and no user account creation necessary. Why can’t other companies be as easy as this to RMA their products? Now, I don’t know if G.SKILL just takes everyone’s word that RAM is dead or if they test it once received, but how they go about their warranty/RMA service is top notch.

Just throwing this out there. I’ve had to RMA Corsair RAM before, and they usually have no qualms about it. However, I still needed a user account and to open a ticket first, then wait for replies before an RMA was started. Bottom line: I think I’m sticking with G.SKILL from now on.

4 Replies Related Threads

Grey_Beard
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2232
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: Dead G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 Module - Easy RMA 2022/01/28 13:33:24 (permalink)
    G.Skill is my go to RAM. Actually it is the only manufacturer I use after using others in the years past. The RMA process, although I have rarely used it, quality, reliability and longevity are the reasons. Only had one set of RAM I ever had to return. It was a new set, as it failed during testing, but they were immediate in replacing it and the process was as easy as yours.

I highly recommend their RAM.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Dead G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 Module - Easy RMA 2022/01/28 15:07:36 (permalink)
    I'll add their great service & tech support, before & after the sale

G.Skill is always my choice in RAM

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

bakatz91
    • Total Posts : 27
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Dead G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 Module - Easy RMA 2022/01/28 20:34:14 (permalink)
    Another +1. I've used the Ripjaws V series RAM (32GB 2400 in build-1, 64GB 3200 in my current build) in my past 2 builds with absolutely zero issues over the past 6 or so years. They're usually fairly priced as well.

ObscureEmpyre
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 972
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: Dead G.SKILL Trident Z5 DDR5 Module - Easy RMA 2022/01/29 16:15:25 (permalink)
    So, the dead RAM module may be part of a bigger problem. One of the RAM slots on the motherboard that kit was in is no longer working. I’m now questioning the PSU since it’s around 8 years old, and maybe it’s no longer supplying correct voltages. Just a theory. The build in question has hardly been used or even plugged in, for the matter, since I first got the RAM and motherboard, which an Asus Prime Z690-A, as part of a Newegg combo on the 7th of December. I’m talking a grand total of maybe a few hours worth of usage since getting the components. Why only a few hours? I thought the 12700K I was using was bad, so I exchanged it but it took a few weeks for me to be able to do that. The system was working okay for a short while with the new 12700K before I started getting system freezes and shutdowns. Bad RAM slot, bad RAM module, and a bad CPU? If anyone’s got a better theory other than the PSU, please let me know. It a Corsair HX1000i.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile