RMA Lost Packages Experiences on the outbound

Author
iEimis
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/26 05:35:25 (permalink)
Hi everyone,

I have shipped my RMA parcel (3080 FTW3 Ultra) to Germany from the UK on the 20th of January. The item has successfully crossed the boarder overnight and cleared customs on Friday lunch time (21st of January). Since then, there's been complete silence from UPS. I waited till Monday as I thought weekend might be moving things slowly, unfortunately it is now Wednesday lunch time and tracking almost suggests that UPS knows nothing about the parcel anymore since it has no information. I have been bugging UPS since Monday evening over Twitter support but they haven't been particularly helpful saying I need to wait 3 full working days before investigation can be started (which will be sometime this evening). The package was sent via UPS Express and insured up to £1k, however, even with that in mind we all know the current state of the GPU market. Should the parcel be lost indeed, I guess my question is, would EVGA be at all able to provide a replacement at a cost of collateral (which I would be able to file a claim for myself as a sender), or am I completely out of luck? (This will teach me a lesson to always do advanced RMA...)

Thanks

5 Replies Related Threads

random_matt
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2040
    Re: RMA Lost Packages Experiences on the outbound 2022/01/26 08:25:32 (permalink)
    iEimis
    Hi everyone,

I have shipped my RMA parcel (3080 FTW3 Ultra) to Germany from the UK on the 20th of January. The item has successfully crossed the boarder overnight and cleared customs on Friday lunch time (21st of January). Since then, there's been complete silence from UPS. I waited till Monday as I thought weekend might be moving things slowly, unfortunately it is now Wednesday lunch time and tracking almost suggests that UPS knows nothing about the parcel anymore since it has no information. I have been bugging UPS since Monday evening over Twitter support but they haven't been particularly helpful saying I need to wait 3 full working days before investigation can be started (which will be sometime this evening). The package was sent via UPS Express and insured up to £1k, however, even with that in mind we all know the current state of the GPU market. Should the parcel be lost indeed, I guess my question is, would EVGA be at all able to provide a replacement at a cost of collateral (which I would be able to file a claim for myself as a sender), or am I completely out of luck? (This will teach me a lesson to always do advanced RMA...)

Thanks

Most likely stuck at clearance.

Corsair 5000D Airflow | EVGA 1000 G6 | EVGA X570 FTW | Ryzen 5800X | EVGA 360 CLC | Corsair 4000MHz 32GB|
    Corsair MP600 2TB | EVGA 3080 Ti FTW Hybrid | Alienware AW2721D | Windows 11

iEimis
    Re: RMA Lost Packages Experiences on the outbound 2022/01/26 08:28:36 (permalink)
    random_matt
    iEimis
    Hi everyone,

Thanks

Most likely stuck at clearance.

Do you think? Tracking information says Released from Government Agency on 21st January 14:12 local time. Since then the tracking info was saying Delivery Date will be provided as soon as possible and then last night it just updated to: Information not available.
    Will of course see what UPS has to say whenever they allow me to start investigation.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: RMA Lost Packages Experiences on the outbound 2022/01/26 09:15:51 (permalink)
    sent - signature required ?

UPS, no idea why - seems like their database needs to "refresh" ?

Do you have an account with UPS ? .... even the "free one" ... you login to UPS & usually get much more information when tracking

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

iEimis
    Re: RMA Lost Packages Experiences on the outbound 2022/01/26 09:25:42 (permalink)
    Yes, it’s insured as well as I said. I can see the full tracking, they cannot locate the package, investigation has been started. I am just in a pretty bad position now because if it is lost even with insurance claim I won’t be able to buy a new 3080 in the current market.
    iEimis
    Re: RMA Lost Packages Experiences on the outbound 2022/01/26 14:49:00 (permalink)
    It seems that starting the investigation has my parcel moving with expected delivery to EVGA tomorrow, fingers crossed!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile