EVGA

X15 Mouse sensor goes to 'sleep'

Author
Manachanter
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/15 18:05:18 (permalink)
This appears to be a major issue with this mouse. Upon connecting and even before installing the Unleash software I noticed that the mouse would turn off the sensor after seemingly a random period of time. This is not the same as USB Power State as the RGB still functions (and this setting is turned off for the mouse as well as the overall USB Selective Suspend option), it is solely the sensor. I can press buttons and have a response but the sensor does not register motion for around .2-0.5 seconds.

Even in the period of time I've been typing this post the mouse sensor has gone to sleep 3 times...

Behaviour is experienced both with and without Unleash loaded, and is not tied to the Sleep option within Unleash since I have that set to 300 minutes.

This is the only mouse I have bahaving this way (Razer Basilisk v2, Razer Naga X and Logitech G502 are all fine) and it is not related to the USB port I'm using either, nor the PC (swapped both the Naga and G502 into the same port and also replicated bahaviour on a different PC).

Is anyone aware of a known issue for this behaviour or a workaround? It's mainly an irritation but it is an annoying one considering the cost of the mouse.

6 Replies Related Threads

BenRobart1
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: X15 Mouse sensor goes to 'sleep' 2022/09/02 05:30:51 (permalink)
    It's now September and this is still occurring.
    EVGATech_NickB
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 93
    Re: X15 Mouse sensor goes to 'sleep' 2022/09/02 11:24:45 (permalink)
    Manachanter
    This appears to be a major issue with this mouse. Upon connecting and even before installing the Unleash software I noticed that the mouse would turn off the sensor after seemingly a random period of time. This is not the same as USB Power State as the RGB still functions (and this setting is turned off for the mouse as well as the overall USB Selective Suspend option), it is solely the sensor. I can press buttons and have a response but the sensor does not register motion for around .2-0.5 seconds.

Even in the period of time I've been typing this post the mouse sensor has gone to sleep 3 times...

Behaviour is experienced both with and without Unleash loaded, and is not tied to the Sleep option within Unleash since I have that set to 300 minutes.

This is the only mouse I have bahaving this way (Razer Basilisk v2, Razer Naga X and Logitech G502 are all fine) and it is not related to the USB port I'm using either, nor the PC (swapped both the Naga and G502 into the same port and also replicated bahaviour on a different PC).

Is anyone aware of a known issue for this behaviour or a workaround? It's mainly an irritation but it is an annoying one considering the cost of the mouse.

Taking a look at your account it looks like we had an RMA started for you a few months ago that was not completed. If you wanted to still pursue that for replacement, please feel free to reach out to us at support(https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/) and we would be happy to assist further.
    BenRobart1
    Re: X15 Mouse sensor goes to 'sleep' 2022/09/03 02:27:58 (permalink)
    EVGATech_NickB
    Manachanter

Taking a look at your account it looks like we had an RMA started for you a few months ago that was not completed. If you wanted to still pursue that for replacement, please feel free to reach out to us at support() and we would be happy to assist further.

This is an entirely useless reply and you should be ashamed of yourself. It has nothing to do with needing an RMA. Anyone who owns this mouse has the same problem, myself included. It's an INHERENT flaw in the mouse, not something that needs an RMA.
    lastsamurairick
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2419
    • Ribbons : 6
    Re: X15 Mouse sensor goes to 'sleep' 2022/09/03 06:43:33 (permalink)
    My Mouse now is doing this when it goes to sleep I start using it. After few seconds at times it shut off again get the massage from PC. USB stop functioning please check device is connected well DOH of course it is. Anyways this can happen 5-8 times a day or not at all. I check device manager make sure it is not MOBO USB having issues and no it is not. That would be a an EVGA MOBO to replace "Yikes".
    post edited by lastsamurairick - 2022/09/03 06:48:45

Intel 10900k @ 3.7 Stock
      EVGA Z490 Dark 
      EVGA GEFORCE RTX 3070Ti FTW3
      G SKILL TRIDENT Z ROYAL 32GB
      EVGA 1000G5
    Communism
    • Total Posts : 4
    Re: X15 Mouse sensor goes to 'sleep' 2022/09/12 01:14:07 (permalink)
    I have found that setting "Sleep Mode" to 5 minutes in the EVGA Unleash RGB utility worked to get rid of the relatively fast "sleep mode" for the sensor on my EVGA X12.

Don't know if a similar setting is also in the other EVGA mice.
    Piston Broke
    Re: X15 Mouse sensor goes to 'sleep' 2022/09/19 17:23:04 (permalink)
    Yeah, i set mine (x-15) to '0' minutes and it never disconnects, despite its many faults, for me , this isn't one of them.

TRANSLATE with x
    English 

//

TRANSLATE with
    COPY THE URL BELOW

EMBED THE SNIPPET BELOW IN YOUR SITE

// ORIGINAL: "; langMenu.appendChild(origLangDiv); LanguageMenu.Init('LanguageMenu', LanguageMenu_keys, LanguageMenu_values, LanguageMenu_callback, LanguageMenu_popupid); window["LanguageMenu"] = LanguageMenu; clearInterval(intervalId); } }, 1); // ]]>
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile