EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
marc3204
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 108
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/09/01 11:05:29 (permalink)
do you ave Evga Nu or external AMP / DAC  with headset  because hesitated card audio or external for gaming  
BizSAR
EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 1712
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/09/01 11:18:11 (permalink)
Still waiting for more reviews on those Burson V5is, but went ahead and ordered the dual x2 (vs. the single x2, hopefully that's right) anyway. The few sources I have, I'm hearing good things about them.

BizSAR
EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
redrek43
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/09/09 09:59:02 (permalink)
op amp rolling is a deep rabbit hole much like tube rolling haha
haryadiaja
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/10/20 06:24:33 (permalink)
Hi, a new  Nu Audio user here and just joining in the forum, looks like Burson V5i is a good deal for replacing the OP Amp for Nu Audio, just curious is it okay to replace both OP Amp with Burson Audio V5i?
Sorry for my poor english :)
BizSAR
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/10/22 11:50:37 (permalink)
haryadiaja
Hi, a new  Nu Audio user here and just joining in the forum, looks like Burson V5i is a good deal for replacing the OP Amp for Nu Audio, just curious is it okay to replace both OP Amp with Burson Audio V5i?
Sorry for my poor english :)

Yes! I just did that a couple weeks ago and they sound amazing! Although, the stock OP-AMPs didn't sound all that bad either. :)

BizSAR
nokoleb
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/11/02 00:55:02 (permalink)
Hello. I decided to share my impressions of listening to music through the 712-P1AN 01-KR audio card. I thought about what to buy for a long time and stopped at this product. When I installed the card in the computer and turned on the music, I heard a very pleasant sound. There was no limit to my delight. Over time, I decided to experiment with sound and replaced the operational amplifier with MUSES02 -the sound became more expressive. I was very pleased with this audio card, thanks to the engineers for developing this product.
auron30
  • Total Posts : 10
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/12/14 01:58:39 (permalink)
Does the NU Audio Pro card have any circuit protection if ever we accidentally put any op-amp in the opposite direction?
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/12/14 10:39:21 (permalink)
auron30
Does the NU Audio Pro card have any circuit protection if ever we accidentally put any op-amp in the opposite direction?

Mostly what I've been told is that the op-amp would likely be toast, but the card would be unlikely to be affected.  Fortunately, it's pretty easy to put the the op-amp in the correct direction, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
auron30
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/12/14 20:11:21 (permalink)
EVGATech_LeeM
auron30

Mostly what I've been told is that the op-amp would likely be toast, but the card would be unlikely to be affected.  Fortunately, it's pretty easy to put the the op-amp in the correct direction, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Great! Then we are all assured that the card won't get damaged if that ever happens 
EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/12/15 09:23:13 (permalink)
auron30
EVGATech_LeeM
auron30

Great! Then we are all assured that the card won't get damaged if that ever happens 

I've been doing this too long to avoid saying never say never.  You can never underestimate the ability of components or people to exceed your worst expectations.
roged49
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2021/12/31 14:44:49 (permalink)
I recently upgraded from some DT 990 Pro, to some AT R70x headphones, and decided to explore the OP Amp suggestions.

I went the route of the TI OPA2228, replacing both stock amps. They BUMP and it really does sound crisp to my ear, after some suggested EQ for the phones, i honestly could have stopped there.

I also ordered the TI OP828 on the browndog adaptor ( from cimarron tech. Its a single channel amp, so the board is required to use in the cound card. ) I may have botched my listening test the first go.

So currently, i have the OP828 as a Line-out / headphone Pre Amp and the OP2228 as the headphone amp. 

The 2228 is better at driving my headphones, and it feels like the 828 fills in the detail. Ive only had this combo for hours now.

fragility_V1
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 940
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/01/14 14:31:03 (permalink)
Thought I'd share.  I'm using the Sparkos Dual Discrete Op Amps SS3602s and as others have noted they are quite tall and the shroud won't fit back on afterwards.  I wanted to keep the shroud, so bought some M2x14mm screws and designed a 3D printed spacer.

Printed a draft copy, and is getting close.  Need to make some adjustments to the end of the card (and print it in black), but so far looking like a decent solution.

EVGA_Lee
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/01/14 14:53:14 (permalink)
That's a nice and elegant solution.  I will make sure we consider something like this if/when we return to audio products.
roged49
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/01/20 07:05:38 (permalink)
had an update, i decided to swamp in my second OPA828 into the line in ( they are mounted on a double sided adaptor as they are single channel amps )

I like this more the than OP2228 + OP828 setup i had posted earlier, much better detailing, bass is still great but a better controlled.

I had tried a AD8620 ( line out only, might pop in the headphone out ) + OPA2228, it  had a certain sizzle but it wasnt for me.

RJ_ds3
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/01/28 21:52:57 (permalink)
Does anyone know if its ok to put the shroud back on after installing a sparkos SS3602?  The shroud will fit, but it does look like the back of the shroud is touching the top of the exposed opamp.  If its not touching then there's about a hair's width clearance but from as close as I can see the shroud will be touching it if I put it back on.  Is there some thermal padding or something I can use to put in between the shroud and opamp?
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/01/28 21:59:46 (permalink)
RJ_ds3
Does anyone know if its ok to put the shroud back on after installing a sparkos SS3602?  The shroud will fit, but it does look like the back of the shroud is touching the top of the exposed opamp.  If its not touching then there's about a hair's width clearance but from as close as I can see the shroud will be touching it if I put it back on.  Is there some thermal padding or something I can use to put in between the shroud and opamp?

See my post above, but I have the sparkos SS3602 installed as well.  I made a spacer to have the shroud offset from the card to allow space for the op amp to clear the card.  I also put some kapton tape on the underside of the shroud in case it did make contact.  Before I made the spacer I just bought some 14mm long M2 machine screws and nuts and offset the shroud from the card.
RJ_ds3
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/01/28 22:07:50 (permalink)
fragility_V1
RJ_ds3

See my post above, but I have the sparkos SS3602 installed as well.  I made a spacer to have the shroud offset from the card to allow space for the op amp to clear the card.  I also put some kapton tape on the underside of the shroud in case it did make contact.  Before I made the spacer I just bought some 14mm long M2 machine screws and nuts and offset the shroud from the card.

I dont think I can do the 3D printed part but I could do the kapton tape part.  I assume its a non conductive tape?  Guess I could look it up lol.  The shroud does look like it'll go back on, but I havent tried to screw it back on for fear of messing up the opamp if it is touching.
I found it on amazon, will this work to underline the shield with?

https://www.amazon.com/Mi...mide-yds/dp/B006ZFNB2I
post edited by RJ_ds3 - 2022/01/28 22:10:26
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/01/28 22:19:28 (permalink)
RJ_ds3
fragility_V1
RJ_ds3

I dont think I can do the 3D printed part but I could do the kapton tape part.  I assume its a non conductive tape?  Guess I could look it up lol.  The shroud does look like it'll go back on, but I havent tried to screw it back on for fear of messing up the opamp if it is touching.

It was a little to close for my liking without the space.  So yah, kapton is electrically insulating:

Kapton tape is usually used in electronic manufacturing as an insulation and protection layer on electrostatic-sensitive and fragile components.

Before I made the spacer, I just used longer bolts and put a nut on the underside of the card to keep the bolt snug:

RJ_ds3
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/01/29 09:58:43 (permalink)
fragility_V1
RJ_ds3
fragility_V1
RJ_ds3

It was a little to close for my liking without the space.  So yah, kapton is electrically insulating:

Kapton tape is usually used in electronic manufacturing as an insulation and protection layer on electrostatic-sensitive and fragile components.

Before I made the spacer, I just used longer bolts and put a nut on the underside of the card to keep the bolt snug:

So would the kapton tape work to prevent any shorts if I was able to get the cover back on?
fragility_V1
SSC Member
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/01/29 10:25:03 (permalink)
That's the hope. Don't quote me on that, I had it lying around from another project.
auron30
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/03/25 04:46:17 (permalink)
Is it me? a driver bug on windows 11? or a faulty card? I started noticing it upon turning on my pc. Things sound fine, and sometimes after restarting the system or at some point in the day, the sound becomes muddy when watching a youtube video or playing music. The bass becomes muddy or the center frequency and it affects the voice on videos and afterward, any music sounded muddy. When that happens, my hint is  I open the control panel and switch the surround On and Off and nothing happens. I will know if it's back to normal because the surround function works. But I prefer to turn off my surround, it's just for checking if it will start to sound muddy.
BizSAR
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/03/25 17:50:38 (permalink)
auron30
Is it me? a driver bug on windows 11? or a faulty card? I started noticing it upon turning on my pc. Things sound fine, and sometimes after restarting the system or at some point in the day, the sound becomes muddy when watching a youtube video or playing music. The bass becomes muddy or the center frequency and it affects the voice on videos and afterward, any music sounded muddy. When that happens, my hint is  I open the control panel and switch the surround On and Off and nothing happens. I will know if it's back to normal because the surround function works. But I prefer to turn off my surround, it's just for checking if it will start to sound muddy.

What OP-amp(s) did you roll to?

BizSAR
auron30
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/03/25 18:00:58 (permalink)
BizSAR
auron30

It doesn't matter, I went back to stock but the same result. 

I also saw someone comment with the same card as me (Nu Audio Pro) on this reddit page:  www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/o9vhqp/does_anybody_know_what_the_enhance_audio_setting/

Windows 11 Enhance audio setting is off by default after installing the driver and every time the PC is powered on, I get the result I posted. But now I left the Enhance Audio on, the problem goes away but the sound signature seems to lean more on digital. It doesn't sound more on the analog to my ears.
post edited by auron30 - 2022/03/25 18:04:00
BizSAR
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/03/25 18:14:11 (permalink)
auron30
BizSAR
auron30

I also saw someone comment with the same card as me (Nu Audio Pro) on this reddit page:&nbsp www.reddit.com/r/Windows11/comments/o9vhqp/does_anybody_know_what_the_enhance_audio_setting/

Windows 11 Enhance audio setting is off by default after installing the driver and every time the PC is powered on, I get the result I posted. But now I left the Enhance Audio on, the problem goes away but the sound signature seems to lean more on digital. It doesn't sound more on the analog to my ears.

I was wondering because this is a thread about rolling op-amps.
Yes, you need Enhance Audio on in order to use the audio effects.
No problems here on Win11.

BizSAR
auron30
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/03/25 18:17:00 (permalink)
BizSAR
auron30
BizSAR
auron30

I also saw someone comment with the same card as me (Nu Audio Pro) on this reddit page:&nbsp

I was wondering because this is a thread about rolling op-amps.
Yes, you need Enhance Audio on in order to use the audio effects.
No problems here on Win11.

I do have the v5i, muses 01, muses02, and sparkos labs ss3602. I am not using any effects though, that's why I left enhance audio off, which leads to hit and miss on audio quality upon starting up the pc. Now I left the enhance audio turned on with surround off on the evga control panel.
post edited by auron30 - 2022/03/25 18:20:16
Ufasas
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/05/26 08:18:46 (permalink)
I have tried v5i-d and i like them on EVGA Nu Audio and Asus Strix Soar, seems like wherever i put v5i-d it sounds better than stock op-amps, I have recently tried v6v-d , i wasn't blown away, but i like anything Burson, decided to keep v5i-d after all tests, they seem pleasing to the ears, and wouldn't sell them any time soon
post edited by Ufasas - 2022/05/26 08:23:04
esarhaddon
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/08/28 08:35:37 (permalink)
 Opened the door to my question. Do you know of a good source of good reliable Op-Amps (NOT Knockoffs). and yes often a different manufacturer of the same unit number might not sound as good as another.
I would love a source list for any of these and known features good/bad.
esarhaddon
  • Total Posts : 13
Re: EVGA NU Audio Pro Certified Op-amp Rolling List 2022/08/28 09:04:45 (permalink)
Has anyone tried the Burr Brown OPA1612AID? As not all DIPs are equal, I am curious if the Burr Brown model, a name synonymous with clean music might be a little better.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile