EVGA

Need help interpreting the new point system

Author
Mim842
  • Total Posts : 18
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/13 16:03:55 (permalink)
Hello everyone, my apologies if the question has already been addressed, however, I wanted to know, how can I interpret the EVGA score that I have been assigned? What are the criteria which define what each point is worth?
I am aware that there is a very long essay written addressing queue 3.0, but I would appreciate a brief synopsis for this particular question.

6 Replies Related Threads

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11083
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: Need help interpreting the new point system 2022/01/13 16:16:36 (permalink)
    Mim842
    Hello everyone, my apologies if the question has already been addressed, however, I wanted to know, how can I interpret the EVGA score that I have been assigned? What are the criteria which define what each point is worth?
    I am aware that there is a very long essay written addressing queue 3.0, but I would appreciate a brief synopsis for this particular question.

No one but the folks at EVGA who came up with it know those finer details.
    They are not giving out those details to the general public so its anyone's guess.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Need help interpreting the new point system 2022/05/09 11:33:20 (permalink)
    Mim842

https://www.evga.com/support/queue3/

the total points Earned, under your account put you in a group. 

(excerpt)

EVGA Score:The EVGA Score is at the heart of the Queue 3.0 System. This score, in many ways, is designed to reward customer loyalty, customer participation, and customer contribution to EVGA and its Community.
    The EVGA Score is comprised of three main factors – EVGA purchases, EVGA Bucks earned, and EVGA Blue Ribbons earned on the EVGA Forum.

EVGA Queue 3.0 Order:

EVGA Queue 3.0 uses many different factors to establish the queue order. This promotes several goals and requests from the EVGA Community, including: Giving greater priority to loyal customers, making more cards available to customers that are hoping to upgrade, yet without closing off the possibility for new customers to obtain a new card.

The order is made up of the following factors:
    EVGA Score and Score Tiers – This score signifies the value of your registered EVGA products, EVGA Bucks earned, and Blue Ribbons from participating on the forums.

• EVGA Score can be seen on the My EVGA page.
    • Customers will be sorted into multiple tiers, based on EVGA Score.
    • EVGA Scores are updated on the first of every month, which may move some members up or down a tier.
    • Time/Date of your notification – Date of your notification is used as a tie-breaker between customers with the same EVGA Score.30 Series purchase status – Customers who have purchased a 30 Series product from EVGA.com will be deprioritized in the VGA queue, and will become eligible to purchase their VGA notify product(s) after others in their tier purchase a 30 Series product.*
      • Non-VGA notification queues are not affected by this requirement.
      EVGA ELITE Status – Some products will be available only to EVGA ELITE members.
      • Becoming an EVGA ELITE Member will give you access to sign up for a notification for the first 24 hours after a product is released, subject to EVGA’s discretion.

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

AnonymousGuy
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 452
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Need help interpreting the new point system 2022/05/09 11:49:07 (permalink)
    I think it's 1 point per $100 in product purchased.  When I added my 3090 my score went up somewhere around 20 points.

The only people with huge scores are stock bot owners who embed their affiliate code in links because each affiliate purchase is worth like 6 points.  If you're buying something from EVGA worth less than $600, you're better off just having an imaginary "friend" buy it for you so you get more points that way.
    post edited by AnonymousGuy - 2022/05/09 11:51:54

Workstation:  12900KF @ 5.2Ghz || MSI Pro-A Z690 DDR4|| EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || G.Skill 3866 4x8GB || Corsair AX1200i || whole-house loop.
    Mining Box: HP Prodesk G1 (Haswell 4590), 3x Gigabyte 3080Ti, AX1500i @ 240V.
    LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.
    Server Router (Untangle): 8350K @ 4.7Ghz || ASRock Z370 ITX || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 250W, running on AX1200i || whole-house loop.
    Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA 3060 || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.
    Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3060 Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Int
    GaianElite
    • Total Posts : 16
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Need help interpreting the new point system 2022/08/25 17:18:55 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    Mim842

the total points Earned, under your account put you in a group. 

(excerpt)

EVGA Score:
    The EVGA Score is at the heart of the Queue 3.0 System. This score, in many ways, is designed to reward customer loyalty, customer participation, and customer contribution to EVGA and its Community.
    The EVGA Score is comprised of three main factors – EVGA purchases, EVGA Bucks earned, and EVGA Blue Ribbons earned on the EVGA Forum.

EVGA Queue 3.0 Order:

EVGA Queue 3.0 uses many different factors to establish the queue order. This promotes several goals and requests from the EVGA Community, including: Giving greater priority to loyal customers, making more cards available to customers that are hoping to upgrade, yet without closing off the possibility for new customers to obtain a new card.

The order is made up of the following factors:
    EVGA Score and Score Tiers – This score signifies the value of your registered EVGA products, EVGA Bucks earned, and Blue Ribbons from participating on the forums.

• EVGA Score can be seen on the page.
    • Customers will be sorted into multiple tiers, based on EVGA Score.
    • EVGA Scores are updated on the first of every month, which may move some members up or down a tier.
    • Time/Date of your notification – Date of your notification is used as a tie-breaker between customers with the same EVGA Score.30 Series purchase status – Customers who have purchased a 30 Series product from EVGA.com will be deprioritized in the VGA queue, and will become eligible to purchase their VGA notify product(s) after others in their tier purchase a 30 Series product.*
      • Non-VGA notification queues are not affected by this requirement.
      EVGA ELITE Status – Some products will be available only to EVGA ELITE members.
      • Becoming an EVGA ELITE Member will give you access to sign up for a notification for the first 24 hours after a product is released, subject to EVGA’s discretion.

This is a pretty good summary. I saw my score and wondered what it was for haha, good to know.

Stayin' Hydrated, Well-Rested
    Continue
    • Total Posts : 1
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Need help interpreting the new point system 2022/09/01 09:07:07 (permalink)
    AnonymousGuy
    I think it's 1 point per $100 in product purchased.  When I added my 3090 my score went up somewhere around 20 points.

The only people with huge scores are stock bot owners who embed their affiliate code in links because each affiliate purchase is worth like 6 points.  If you're buying something from EVGA worth less than $600, you're better off just having an imaginary "friend" buy it for you so you get more points that way.

I added a 1000 watt PSU and a 3090 and got 5 points. Both were purchased within past 3 years.

I don't understand this at all.
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Need help interpreting the new point system 2022/09/02 07:37:06 (permalink)
    Continue
    I added a 1000 watt PSU and a 3090 and got 5 points. Both were purchased within past 3 years.

I don't understand this at all.

At this time, I don’t think the points matter at all. Maybe after the 40 series launch, but as of now, it doesn’t help or hurt.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile