EVGA

I am having a really bad time with these Channel Points.

Author
wisnoskij
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2022/01/12 13:21:38 (permalink)
I have read everything on twitch channel points multiple times, but actually using this system is so toxic.

I just clicked some message that popped up and that asked me to click this message for 1500 pts and it took 1500 pts from me, for what? no idea, but that is not even how grammar works. On another stream apparently I lost points for joining a raid because I clicked another (leave) message it asked me to click, even though I still followed the raid.

I realize that EVGA is most likely not writing these non correct messages or choosing to display them in such a predatory "lets trick people into doing the opposite of what they want to" way, but they are choosing to use this system.

Does anyone have any tips. Should I just never click anything, don't even touch the window after the stream starts? Somehow I am back to square one after three streams, so what I have been doing is a complete failure.

6 Replies Related Threads

• Total Posts : 48
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: I am having a really bad time with these Channel Points. 2022/01/14 00:30:43 (permalink)
    Practice safe Twitching ... don't click anything, and report the user that's posting stuff like that in chat. The mods in the Twitch channel should be timing out or banning people that do that too. If they aren't, then consider just not visiting that channel anymore. If you just want to collect the points, then bring up the channel in a browser on a PC, mute it, and then minimize your browser to desktop. Commonly referred to as "lurk mode."
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: I am having a really bad time with these Channel Points. 2022/01/14 03:55:45 (permalink)
    The last time I logged into twitch, EVGA would send you off twitch (to EVGA.com) if they wanted you to do something. Don’t click random messages in twitch, unless EVGA directly says in the stream to click something.

EVGA is *not* choosing for you to click someone else’s fake message, so putting EVGA on blast for nefarious users activities is strange at best.

Next time you are on, grab a screen shot of the messages you have been clicking, to include the username of the person sending the message.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2022/01/14 05:03:05
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: I am having a really bad time with these Channel Points. 2022/01/14 04:05:44 (permalink)
    'toxic'...such a stupid word in this context.

You find it abusive to you....which I can understand.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 31001
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: I am having a really bad time with these Channel Points. 2022/01/14 12:42:17 (permalink)
    file a complaint with Twitch

.... they should have the log files & are the only ones who could possible address your lost points

Twitch contact us

check this Twitch section also Moderation & Safety

you will find this under Safety: How to File a User Report

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

DominatorVIP
    • Total Posts : 62
    Re: I am having a really bad time with these Channel Points. 2022/01/14 19:25:49 (permalink)
    Internet 101: Don't click any links from anyone you don't know/trust!

In all seriousness, you should probably just leave the Twitch stream running on your desktop and don't click on anything anyone in the chat sends unless it's from a Moderator. You should also be able to contact Twitch who should have chat logs via the links the helpful Forum Moderator provided above. 

The GTX-1050 TI is extremely underrated, and no one can tell me otherwise.
    jimla65
    • Total Posts : 36
    Re: I am having a really bad time with these Channel Points. 2022/01/17 11:57:03 (permalink)
    Same thing happened to me "private message" for 500 pts and it took 500 pts from me
    It a poor twitch design to allow it.  Since you have to click every 15 minutes to get extra 50.   Give the impression bonus points by interaction.
    New at twitch, I guess a learning experience.  They keep asking, no more points from me.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile