EVGA

How to ensure warranty transfers to new owner?

Author
BHuang
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/12/02 03:12:53 (permalink)
I just got thru the 3080 ti ftw3 ultra hybrid queue (i jumped in on launch day at 8:22 AM and finally got it popped), and is looking to sell my old 2080 ti black locally.

I see that had I gone thru with ebay the other guy can just use that as the invoice, but since I am looking to sell local (either via internal company slack, friends, reddit hardwareswap, or craigslist), what do I need to provide the new owners so that they have the rest of the 3 year warranty?

1 Reply Related Threads

Flint 1760
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8295
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: How to ensure warranty transfers to new owner? 2021/12/02 05:06:52 (permalink)
    Either you, or the buyer, write up a document showing transfer from you to the seller.  The documant should include the full part number and the serial number.

The buyer then registers the card with EVGA and uploads the document and you do not have to de-register the card.  The warranty start date for them will be the date it shipped from EVGA.

Look under "Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)" at https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/ for all the information.

The process is easy and all EVGA wants is something that shows who now owns the GPU.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile