EVGA

Hwo to handle warranty if buy from ebay BRAND NEW! SEALED card

Author
yuniel
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/11/16 23:18:18 (permalink)
evga say ebay private seller (no ebay evga , ebay best buy , ebay newegg . etc . etcc) private seller are not considered authorize seller i understant , but if you buy a video card on ebay for example 3070 ti ftw 3 ultra 8 gb sealed you broke the seal , evga dont offer 3 year warranty , you maybe get lucky and the seller have the recipe where he purchased in phisical store (no online) and he pay chash you maybe get the lucky you can reedem the warranty using the recipe

is no good idea to paid the 1200$-1400$ for 3070 ti ftw3 ultra no matter if it brand new if you dont get 3 years warranty , evga dont sell graphics card , but they dont give solution to the people who buy it from ebay or other private seller no matter if you make a video unboxing broken the seal and show is brand new , evga considered is not new is second hand card

i have a year and half  with all pieces i9 10900k , asus maximus xii formula , 32 gb corsair 3200 , noctua cpu cooler , fractal design define c , super nova evga g3 850 watts , samsung evo m.2 and i cant build it beacuse simple i dont have the video card and my motherboard dont have display port or hdmi port , and we are now in gen 12 int , i guess it come gen 13-14 and still i cant get a video card from authorized store

3 Replies Related Threads

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21174
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: Hwo to handle warranty if buy from ebay BRAND NEW! SEALED card 2021/11/17 04:38:18 (permalink)
    I'm not sure if you are asking a question or making a statement.

If you buy from an unauthorized retailer, it is a second-hand purchase regardless of whether the card is new and sealed in the box. They bought it from an authorized retailer making them the original owner. You bought it from them, making you a second-hand owner.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Flint 1760
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8295
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: Hwo to handle warranty if buy from ebay BRAND NEW! SEALED card 2021/11/17 06:59:07 (permalink)
    yuniel
    evga dont offer 3 year warranty

As a second-hand EVGA GPU, you still have a 3 year warranty, but since it is second-hand, the warranty date starts from the date it was shipped from EVGA.

All you have to do is register your card and upload an invoice.  The invoice can be something you write up with date of purchase, SKU, and serial number.  EVGA needs it to show that you are the present owner.  The process couldn't be easier.

"Transferable Limited Warranty (Second-Hand Purchasers)

Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, the Transferable Limited Warranty is available to second-hand purchasers with a valid proof of purchase of the transaction between the current owner and the previous owner.* A second-hand purchaser is defined as someone who purchases an EVGA product from an unauthorized reseller. The limited warranty on any Product which was originally shipped from EVGA or an Authorized Reseller as a demo or prize is not transferable to second-hand purchasers and is not covered by the Transferable Limited Warranty.
    Products shipped from EVGA as warranty replacements will be subject to this Transferable Limited Warranty, provided that the original Product was shipped from EVGA on or after July 1, 2011 and has a qualifying Transferable Limited Warranty suffix. Warranty replacements retain the limited warranty characteristics of the original Product, which will be used to determine the original purchase date and/or ship date."  (https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/)

EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: Hwo to handle warranty if buy from ebay BRAND NEW! SEALED card 2021/11/17 10:39:32 (permalink)
    yuniel
    evga say ebay private seller (no ebay evga , ebay best buy , ebay newegg . etc . etcc) private seller are not considered authorize seller i understant , but if you buy a video card on ebay for example 3070 ti ftw 3 ultra 8 gb sealed you broke the seal , evga dont offer 3 year warranty , you maybe get lucky and the seller have the recipe where he purchased in phisical store (no online) and he pay chash you maybe get the lucky you can reedem the warranty using the recipe

is no good idea to paid the 1200$-1400$ for 3070 ti ftw3 ultra no matter if it brand new if you dont get 3 years warranty , evga dont sell graphics card , but they dont give solution to the people who buy it from ebay or other private seller no matter if you make a video unboxing broken the seal and show is brand new , evga considered is not new is second hand card

i have a year and half  with all pieces i9 10900k , asus maximus xii formula , 32 gb corsair 3200 , noctua cpu cooler , fractal design define c , super nova evga g3 850 watts , samsung evo m.2 and i cant build it beacuse simple i dont have the video card and my motherboard dont have display port or hdmi port , and we are now in gen 12 int , i guess it come gen 13-14 and still i cant get a video card from authorized store

Hello

We will base the warranty 3 years from the date it was shipped from EVGA to either a retailer or a private seller via the EVGA website. EVGA allows second hand acquisitions but it will not qualify for any promotion or extended warranty options. Unless acquired from the official eBay store of EVGA or from retailers whom have store on eBay such as Newegg, Best Buy, etc the item will fall under the second hand policy. Hope this helps!
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile