EVGA

RMA with no tracking number or any updates available!

Author
SebGutierrez
  • Total Posts : 17
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/11/16 09:13:17 (permalink)
Hey there guys!

So I had to open a ticket for a 2060 KO Ultra with artifacting and textures tearing off assets on different videogames, after a very complete troubleshoot, I got an RMA approval, I had to send my GPU to Brea, CA, from Bogotá, Colombia.
The GPU arrived at EVGA RMA Dpt on 11/11, and on the same day there's an update on the RMA details that says "Shipping to Miami" and from there that's all I know about my GPU, I got in touch with CS and they told me they'll send a Tracking Number, because it was on Customs clearances and they'll send it out as soon as possible, but haven't heard back from them and it's been 5 days already since it was "shipped" according to the EVGA website.

Would appreciate any help!
As I'm in much need of my GPU due to my video editing job, thanks in advance!

20 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/11/16 09:17:54 (permalink)
    SebGutierrez
    Hey there guys!

So I had to open a ticket for a 2060 KO Ultra with artifacting and textures tearing off assets on different videogames, after a very complete troubleshoot, I got an RMA approval, I had to send my GPU to Brea, CA, from Bogotá, Colombia.
    The GPU arrived at EVGA RMA Dpt on 11/11, and on the same day there's an update on the RMA details that says "Shipping to Miami" and from there that's all I know about my GPU, I got in touch with CS and they told me they'll send a Tracking Number, because it was on Customs clearances and they'll send it out as soon as possible, but haven't heard back from them and it's been 5 days already since it was "shipped" according to the EVGA website.

Would appreciate any help!
    As I'm in much need of my GPU due to my video editing job, thanks in advance!

Hi There,

We do apologize for any confusion, as you reside in Columbia our Miami team will be in contact with you to arrange and coordinate final delivery of your replacement to you.  I will help send a message to that office to reach out to as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/11/16 09:28:01 (permalink)
    Thanks Jayson!

Much appreciated, will be aware of any updates! 
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/11/18 08:59:34 (permalink)
    Hey there guys, unfortunately, it's been a full week since my GPU "left to Miami" and I haven't heard back from anybody of the support team on my email even though they claim "they'll be shortly in contact with you". 

Not a tracking number or any confirmation that my package has been shipped or anything, it's kinda disappointing as I sent my GPU on Tuesday and it was on Brea, CA by Thursday morning, and it's taking 5 full days to "get to Miami" to then, I suppose, wait more time for them to send it to Bogotá. 
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/11/19 06:52:53 (permalink)
    So I received a really disappointing update, apparently, my package arrived in Miami and for some reason, it had to wait a whole week to be "shipped" in the next delivery, and now, the delivery will take ANOTHER 20 DAYS.

It doesn't make sense at all, in my RMA documentation, first, it said you'd ship the replacement product within 1-3 Business days, as I'm outside of the US, I would understand taking it 3-5, but also EVGA requested that the package be sent via UPS/Fedex, which I did, had to pay $100 USD, the package arrived in 3 days from Bogotá, CO, to Brea, CA, and now you're telling me the company that will be delivering is not UPS as the image below taken from my RMA approval says would be:

Translation:
    "Replacement product shipping method: UPS Worldwide Expedited."

And now, you're telling me you'll be shipping the GPU for 20 days with a company called "Skynet" which in another forum post (Casually the shipping was to Colombia too), has a history of mishandling packages and sending it to the wrong country.

So yeah, I'm now 2 weeks without GPU, and you're telling me I have to wait 20 additional days, for some odd and inexplicable reason, when my package was able to make it there in 3 days.

Really disappointing after-sales service in the RMA Latam department. 

post edited by SebGutierrez - 2021/11/19 06:57:25
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/12/27 09:59:57 (permalink)
    Update on this topic.
    After going through a HORRENDOUS RMA process with the LATAM EVGA team, filled with constant lies regarding the delivery date, updates, and blatant excuses, as, I can't wrap my mind around how a big multinational company deals with their expensive/valuable cargo (We're talking about them sending a 1500 USD Card in top tier GPU's standards) with a shady company that can't give a simple tracking number until around 15 days + of the "received date" by them, even after EVGA MADE ME SPEND A $100 USD IN SHIPPING FOR A FAULTY PRODUCT. 

No wonder why their third-party vendors here won't deal with EVGA LATAM RMA's when their post-sale service is disappointing.

Anyway I finally received a GPU on the 15th of December, my disappointment became even worst when this GPU came with overheating issues, the GPU just hits the mark of 70°~ C and it blacks out, forcing a system reset or just crashing. 
    At the time of this post, I've DDU'd the drivers from the old GPU, done a clean boot, updated BIOS, switched RAM slots, RAM Modules, tested another PSU, tested the GPU on another system to experience the same crashes on OC Scanner and Furmark. 

Decided to go through some old posts and hey, just found out that EVGA LOVES to send failing GPU's through their RMA's, I contacted them and the instant reply from their Brasil team is "We're sorry, try this, or, we've just opened a new RMA", I mean, aside from not giving a sincere effort on troubleshooting the GPU properly, what does that say to me?
    EVGA is simply not testing the devices that are leaving their RMA's facilities, and honestly, this seems like an ongoing thing as I've seen posts from people that had to deal with 4 RMA's to get a "working" GPU and some of those posts are even from 2018.
    This is even worst when I had to basically sit around for A MONTH AND A HALF without a way to work properly as I'm GPU-less and had to rely on an old GTX 750.

I simply CANNOT AFFORD ANOTHER $100 USD in shipping + A MONTH AND A HALF WITHOUT MY GPU, I'm a professional video editor and I can't stay sitting there doing anything when my GPU is an essential part, this is affecting my financial situation at a point of the year when I get more gigs than any other month of the year.

Again, at this point, I'm just looking for punctual and fast solutions, as this experience has been horrendous. 

For the love of God, EVGA, don't make me wait almost 2 months for a card, and that comes basically DOA. 
    post edited by SebGutierrez - 2022/01/07 07:48:01
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/12/28 17:28:53 (permalink)
    Update on this topic.

Just got hanged up by Customer Rep, Daniel McNamara, from the toll-free US number. I was telling him my issue, I asked him if he could be able to redirect me to any upper-level support team member from the LATAM region, and in a very rude way, he started talking over me, and as soon as I told him "You're being very rude I'm just asking for direction in this as I can't afford a 100 bucks on another shipping for a faulty product that EVGA send me", he started to speak (I'd even say yell) even louder and telling an unhearable email address and just hung up. 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/12/28 17:36:06 (permalink)
    I am sorry to hear you are having more issues.

Tech support (phone based) is currently online, but I would assume that even the LATAM offices are closed due to the upcoming new year. Most management would be out of office for a few more days while the offices are closed.
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/12/28 17:51:35 (permalink)
    Thanks Scarlet,
    Honestly, after that call, I don't feel any enthusiasm to get in touch with them at least today through voice. 
    I've checked the holiday calendar, I'm aware that some groups of people are offline until Monday (And it's by now almost 9 p.m. in Miami), so that's why I'm trying to reach out in any possible way, but still quite frustrating when you're looking up for solutions and you just get yelled at by a "Customer Support" rep, while, QA could check that in no way I was rude or even speaking loud at him as I understand that I have to deal with the LATAM offices, and I was just looking for any guidance in this process.  (I know how CS works because I used to work for a US printer technical support a couple of years ago).

So again, I'm open to solutions, EVGA has my email, even phone number, just please, don't send Daniel McNamara again to me. 
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/12/28 18:19:14 (permalink)
    I apologize if you feel that way and in no way was I yelling at you. I do not use a headset as the phone is next to my mouth and I was not talking over you - there is a delay on the phones likely because you were calling from another region. Frankly, the support channel you were using was the only one for your region and I explained that to you multiple times in which you disregarded. 

We do not have any way to connect you to the LATAM office especially as we are in California and our phone systems are not connected in any way. 

EVGA - About Us - Contact Us

The phone number for that office is listed there
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/12/28 18:37:59 (permalink)
    Thanks for your reply, Daniel.

Again, as I told you, I understand that I have to deal with the LATAM offices; I was just asking if there was any way you could provide me another method of contact or provide me an email from someone that could help me out and that is not the generic one that I can easily find on Google a.k.a soporte@evga. Or as you told me, "Go through the ticket system," as If you couldn't see that I've done it already.

In no way it is professional to hang up on a Customer, especially when is trying to sort calmly an issue that's ongoing for almost 2 months at this point, even when calmly I was asking you to put yourself in my shoes. 

Again, I'd appreciate some real help as it is not possible for me to spend another 100 USD and wait another month and a half to receive a damaged product again, which has been affecting my income/way of living for almost two months now. 

*Edit, added the email.
    post edited by SebGutierrez - 2021/12/28 18:59:23
    EVGATech_DanielM
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1132
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/12/28 18:49:23 (permalink)
    The ticket system is a sure fire way to get a response from that region I do not have a contact to provide you other than that system which is responded to by those techs or the number which is available on EVGA.com. I do hope your issue is resolved however, I understand being frustrated in receiving a product that you have troubleshot and deemed faulty. Last response I see is from 12/20 which is right about most of our departments went on winter break. Best bet would be to call the office on Monday but as mentioned to you you should still submit another ticket so that there is documentation you reached out to them again. 
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2021/12/28 19:06:44 (permalink)
    Thanks, I've just sent a new email + will create a new ticket on top with the same info, wish this could be escalated somehow or if there's any way to ping someone from the Miami offices (As Jayson did early on this post back in November) to address this.

I'll be aware. 
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2022/01/03 06:48:20 (permalink)
    Happy New Year's to whoever reads this, hope you and yours have a great 2022.

Hopefully, mine can start with some positive news from the Miami Office, would appreciate it if someone could ping them about this case. 
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2022/01/04 11:13:38 (permalink)
    So I've just read a post on the forum that looks awfully too similar to my situation.

[link=https://forums.evga.com/Real-BAD-Experience-RMA-Evga-1080ti-sc2-Black-Edition-artifacts-on-1-Hour-of-activity-_-m3069543.aspx]https://forums.evga.com/R...tivity-_-m3069543.aspx
    [/link]

Same country (Colombia), a failed RMA that came worst than the original GPU, expensive shipping costs for the end-user on a clearly failing product from EVGA, and seems like EVGA at the end agreed to pay for the faulty return.

Wonder why...

Just sent over a new ticket through the EVGA Website but would appreciate any help from the RMA Dept & Miami Offices, this case is an ongoing issue as my first RMA started on November 11, 2021, and yet here we are on a new year with issues that affect my income.
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2022/01/31 09:47:46 (permalink)
    It's been almost 4 weeks per my last post here, I was in touch with one of the reps from the Miami Offices via email, but his last mail was 2 weeks ago, he told me they'll proceed with a new RMA and send me a prepaid label, but I haven't heard from him ever since, I've been more than patient, hopefully, I get a response soon enough as again, this is an ongoing issue since November 2021.
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2022/02/02 12:21:25 (permalink)
    Yet here I am without a single word from EVGA, might try to open another ticket again.
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2022/02/07 09:59:28 (permalink)
    Update, got a new RMA set up under EAR, took a while but seems like EVGA's Latam team could help me out a lot in this, so hopefully, this would be the final resolution, will be updating this post as it goes on, as I know, someone in the future will face a similar situation and an older post was really helpful for me to get through this. 
    psmeets
    • Total Posts : 6
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2022/02/10 17:06:22 (permalink)

post edited by psmeets - 2022/02/17 08:52:22
    SebGutierrez
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2022/02/24 10:35:45 (permalink)
    So here's an update, after a long wait, I've finally received a replacement for the failed RMA, EVGA provided me with a prepaid shipping label, which I appreciate as this was a very long and stressful process that really had a large impact on my finances as I wasn't able to work properly on my video editing work.

I'll do some tests on it, even though the New GPU looks in pristine conditions, hopefully, this is my final post, it's been a really long process, but I'm happy that it has finally come to a resolution, some things could've done better, especially timing on processes and that had long-delayed responses, but I appreciate the efforts made by Nelxon Gomez from the RMA Dept.

Skynet is definitely not a great partner for your deliveries, as they take too much time on processing and their deliveries are quite slow compared to other shipping partners that exist here, but I understand that could be due to their pricing.
    Would be nice if the US team was more connected/communicated to the Latam team, which would make more sense as their operations are in Miami, FL.

Anyway, will keep you posted!

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: RMA with no tracking number or any updates available! 2022/02/24 11:36:48 (permalink)
    This has been a long journey for you and I have my fingers crossed that everything is working now.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile