Author
Drozbot
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/11/03 09:01:08 (permalink)
Serial Number: 2119132172600036
Original RMA ID: 1365597

Are you guys sending dead cards back out to good customers under you RMA process? At £100 per submission, it becomes a war of attrition and maybe you can shoulder the cost of repeated shipping but I can't. How do I get a refund then? Small claims court?

Seems I'm not alone:

"Working RTX 2080 Ti and 3 year warranty EVGA warranty claim- original card started showing signs of memory failure, so I started RMA. I was sent a faulty replacement. Contacted EVGA and they sent a second replacement .It was faulty too. Returned 1st faulty card, and original card (to have another 1499.99 hold removed). Before EVGA received these cards, they stated that they could not replicate the faults…so they obviously lied to me about testing the cards even though they were still in transit. I asked customer service to provide a pre-paid shipping label to return the second faulty card, and they said they would only do so after the other two cards have been checked (why?). I reached out again about other resolutions (including store credit). I thought this was a fair resolution, and the customer service agents at first seemed willing to go down this path. Right now, I am out $1499.99 and have a broken GPU."

Here's my personal timeline for those interested. Shocking.

3/11 – Response by EVGA support – offer of 60 € postal for second return via RMA system, but rebate only with UK supplier – who originally directed me to EVGA and the RMA process
29/10 - Bounced email from: , a bounced email from: support manager and was cut off/hung up on my last CS call trying to find next steps towards a resolution. Finally managed to get a support ticket raised despite website issues
27/10 – Warranty replacement card powers up, as does PC – original fault with returned card stopped the PC from powering. Gigabyte start-up screen continually stalls with the replacement card. Tested outputs on DVI, Display and HDMI, still the same stalling. Swapped old ZOTAC  GTX 980 back into rig an all was working fine once again. EVGA website refuses to allow upload of photographic evidence, despite resizing images to fit within 2Mb upload limit.
18/10 – Managed to get the replacement card out of UK customs for the cost of £89.39. Currently trying to reclaim that cost back from customs and excise here
14/10 – Replacement card shipped from EVGA Europe back to me
12/10 – Returned faulty RTX 2070 GPU finally released by DE customs to EVGA Europe
14/9 – Faulty RTX 2070 GPU shipped from the UK after completing EVGA Europe RAM process – postal £14.85
9/9 – Local computer service centre confirms RTX 2070 is non functioning and supplies engineers report for EVGA RMA process

1 Reply Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30983
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: multiple RMA 2021/11/04 09:45:06 (permalink)
    now you have your own thread.  I moved this from a thread that was over 2 years old

Edit your first Post & change the title if you want ... I had to make a title, to split it into it's own thread

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile