Helpful Replyonline service center

Author
Waermeleitpaste
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/22 10:38:38 (permalink)
Hello EVGA,

I don't know who to ask. I have a simple problem that the online service center can't fix.

One of the speed bronze switches that came with my Z15 is not working properly. It causes double or triple activation. I swapped it and it works fine with the replacement switch. So I asked the online service center if they could send me a new switch. 
The first answer: I should check the shipping adress in my account. And he'll ask the rma department.
So I checked it and it's the same as the receipt that I attached to my support case.
I then asked how to proceed.
Now I'm told that there is no problem because the keyboard is working with another switch.

Is it possible to get a new speed bronze switch (or maybe a small pack to make sure)?
Or do I have to send the full keyboard back to the seller? 
tmaeller
  • Total Posts : 72
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: online service center 2021/10/22 12:32:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Waermeleitpaste 2021/10/22 12:49:11
Waermeleitpaste
Now I'm told that there is no problem because the keyboard is working with another switch.

This is extremely poor customer service, and also wrong: You were sold a defective product.

If you want to pursue going through the inevitable further effort of getting only a single switch replaced, then you might try posting your issue on social media like Facebook and/or Twitter (with a screenshot of Support's response) and politely let them know how unhappy you are with the service and product you received. Guaranteed someone monitors those media, and they may even respond.

Honestly, though: If the keyboard is still within your return period and it's less cost and effort to return it for a refund, do it. It will likely be faster to return it and get another one—assuming you'll want another at that point.

Good luck!
Waermeleitpaste
Re: online service center 2021/10/22 12:53:26 (permalink)
Thanks for the advice. But I don't have facebook or twitter. I just wanted to give EVGA a try to fix the problem. If I return the keyboard to the seller, the next one will be from another brand. 
post edited by Waermeleitpaste - 2021/10/23 03:42:30
EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
  • Total Posts : 1026
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: online service center 2021/10/25 16:18:27 (permalink)
Waermeleitpaste
Thanks for the advice. But I don't have facebook or twitter. I just wanted to give EVGA a try to fix the problem. If I return the keyboard to the seller, the next one will be from another brand. 

I do apologize for the response you received from our EU team. I can help look into getting some replacement switches sent out to you. However looking at your account I see that you had purchased the Linear switch keyboard which has the Kailh Speed Silver linear switches and includes a 8 Kailh Speed Bronze clicky switches. I just want to make sure and clarify that you need a replacement Speed Silver switch. 

Waermeleitpaste
Re: online service center 2021/10/26 02:18:46 (permalink)
EVGA_JamesI do apologize for the response you received from our EU team. I can help look into getting some replacement switches sent out to you. However looking at your account I see that you had purchased the Linear switch keyboard which has the Kailh Speed Silver linear switches and includes a 8 Kailh Speed Bronze clicky switches. I just want to make sure and clarify that you need a replacement Speed Silver switch. 

Thank you James. It's one of the tactile bronze switches. I use all the optional bronze switches that came with the keyboard because the keyboard isn't available in full bronze for the layout I need (iso German).
EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
Re: online service center 2021/10/28 13:09:57 (permalink)
Waermeleitpaste

Thank you James. It's one of the tactile bronze switches. I use all the optional bronze switches that came with the keyboard because the keyboard isn't available in full bronze for the layout I need (iso German).

Looks like our EU team will try to send out a replacement switch to you once they are available. 

Waermeleitpaste
Re: online service center 2021/11/24 05:05:38 (permalink)
EVGA_JamesLooks like our EU team will try to send out a replacement switch to you once they are available. 

So one month has passed. I am still waiting. 
EVGA_James
EVGA Product Manager
Re: online service center 2021/11/24 09:12:10 (permalink)
Let me follow up with our EU team and get an update

SamirD
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: online service center 2021/11/28 13:32:17 (permalink)
Since you like the bronze switches better anyways, check out the current deal on a package of bronze switches and then you can swap them all out and have the switch you like and also fix your problem.
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile