EVGA

EVGA 240MM CLC for CPU

Author
bikemanI7
  • Total Posts : 21
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/23 20:34:26 (permalink)
First Of all if i do purchase this, would be my first ever Closed Loop Liquid Cooler

First Question is would it be safe to run System 24 Hours like i normally do with my Intel Stock LGA 1200 Cooler?

Second Question:   Would it be easy to install with my Micro ATX Gigabyte B460M-DS3h Motherboard

Case I have right now is Thermaltake V200 TG RGB 2020 Edition

Processor Intel 10700

Or i can pick an Air Cooler, and attempt to install it in the future for very first time

3 Replies Related Threads

rgarvey58
    • Total Posts : 97
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA 240MM CLC for CPU 2021/10/24 07:44:19 (permalink)
    bikemanI7
    First Question is would it be safe to run System 24 Hours like i normally do with my Intel Stock LGA 1200 Cooler?

The pump and the fans both have an MTBF, usually in the range of 24x7 operation within the warranty period. If you buy from an authorized retailer (Amazon, Newegg etc.), the warranty is 5 years. There shouldn't be any issue running 24x7, assuming you don't plan to run the fans at 100% all the time. Unless your PC is far away from your working area, trust me you don't want to. The stock fans are quite loud at high RPM. 

bikemanI7
    Second Question:   Would it be easy to install with my Micro ATX Gigabyte B460M-DS3h Motherboard
    Case I have right now is Thermaltake V200 TG RGB 2020 Edition 
    Processor Intel 10700

The installation is quite simple. It comes with written instructions and there are many YT videos installing an Asetek based CLC (probably a few installing the EVGA unit as well). It comes with pre-applied thermal paste as well, which is often the most tricky part of the install. Your case can handle mounting the radiator to the top or front depending on how you would like your configuration. Top is recommended for best performance. I have a 10700K in one of my machines with a CoolerMaster ML240 v2 and it cools that CPU very well. I'd guess the EVGA unit would give you as good or better performance.  

bikemanI7
    • Total Posts : 21
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: EVGA 240MM CLC for CPU 2021/10/24 08:01:19 (permalink)
    Thank you for that info, and yes i'd be buying from Authorized Retailer soon as possibly can, would probably be definitely great improvement from Intel Stock Cooler for sure once i get it and get it installed, probably be wondering why i didn't do it sooner afterwards

System is shutdown occasionally for dust clean outs, probably every 3 months for that little maintenance task,  don't plan on running the fans 100 percent all the time, hopefully the fans will slow down based on cpu temp, and system usage guess i'll figure that part out once i have the newer cooler installed asap 

rgarvey58
    • Total Posts : 97
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: EVGA 240MM CLC for CPU 2021/10/24 08:21:43 (permalink)
    bikemanI7
    System is shutdown occasionally for dust clean outs, probably every 3 months for that little maintenance task,  don't plan on running the fans 100 percent all the time, hopefully the fans will slow down based on cpu temp, and system usage guess i'll figure that part out once i have the newer cooler installed asap 

Just an FYI to ensure you have the most info to make a buying decision, the SW EVGA has is called Flow Control. If you search the forums or even Google, you will see that it has very limited capability to control the fans based on CPU temperature. For whatever reason, EVGA has made it so when using the fan curve based on CPU temp the fans are at 100% when your CPU is >=60c. It has been requested by user feedback to change this, to give users full range of control for the fan curve but EVGA has yet to offer this feature. Flow Control also allows to create a fan curve based on coolant temperature. This allows a much more realistic fan curve, as the delta in the liquid coolant temperature is much less volatile and prevents significant ramp/soak of fan speeds. You can also connect the fans to a PWM fan header, instead of the water block to have complete control based on which ever sensors are available on your MB.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile