Author
SmookinJoe
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1344
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 4
2021/10/21 17:21:35 (permalink)
I have a Asus WS z390 Pro that I am installing a EVGA 400-HY-CL12-V

The two connectors circled in yellow are the female pump and fan connections that the Asus Manual says they should be connected to the H_amp header (CLC Fan on right) and W_Pump (tagged motherboard from the EVGA pump on left)
The one in the red circle is the male dual fan connection that the EVGA manual says to hook to fans (chassis fans?)
I currently use Asus AI Suite 3 which has control of the fans as well as water cooling pump and fans..
If I don't connect up the connection circled in red will there be an error?
I don't think I need to use the usb connection from the pump either...I have been reading issues with EVGA Flow Control software so I don't plan on using it.
Any insight or warnings?
Thanks for your time

4 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Question concerning electrical connections for EVGA CLC 2021/10/22 05:23:08 (permalink)
    The CLC can control the Fan automatically, though it tends to go to Max fan speed around 60C if I remember some of the posts from members who wanted the fans to run slower & quieter

RE: .... connecting the radiator fan(s) to MB fan header - would offer you the ability to control of the fan RPM through the MB BIOS or software

Connect the Pump to the "pump header on MB" .... & set the header in BIOS to Run - DC @ 100% for the pump

EVGA FAQs - Home page

How Do I Troubleshoot Issues with Flow Control For My CLC Cooler?

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

SmookinJoe
    FTW Member
    Re: Question concerning electrical connections for EVGA CLC 2021/10/22 09:28:54 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    The CLC can control the Fan automatically, though it tends to go to Max fan speed around 60C if I remember some of the posts from members who wanted the fans to run slower & quieter

RE: .... connecting the radiator fan(s) to MB fan header - would offer you the ability to control of the fan RPM through the MB BIOS or software

Connect the Pump to the "pump header on MB" .... & set the header in BIOS to Run - DC @ 100% for the pump

EVGA FAQs - Home page

How Do I Troubleshoot Issues with Flow Control For My CLC Cooler?

AI Suite 3 makes those pump and fan settings (from Bios) available in Windows 10 for management.
    Thanks Jim
    Now I just have to figure out how to handle all the little screws

SmookinJoe
    FTW Member
    Re: Question concerning electrical connections for EVGA CLC 2021/10/23 17:27:25 (permalink)
    I installed the EVGA connection tagged Mobo to the H_Amp connection on the Asus Mobo(Pump constant Full Bore!) and the EVGA Rad Fan to the W_Pump(again Rad Fan Full Bore!)...From the Asus Manual....NOT GOOD...
    Connected the EVGA Rad fan to the CPU Fan on Mobo
    Connected EVGA connector tagged Mobo to the W_PUMP on the motherboard
    Did not connect EVGA USB or EVGA Fan connections to anything
    Rad fan ramps up according to needs of CPU and controlled by AI Suite 3 from Asus
    EVGA Pump is available for special handling by the AI Suite 3/ Fan Xpert graph
    Works great!
    RGB?....Who cares...it lights up and says EVGA

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: Question concerning electrical connections for EVGA CLC 2023/02/20 06:18:31 (permalink)
    RGB - controlled by EVGA  software

---> USB must be connected to the header from Pump to MB USB 2.0 header to Make changes ... then disconnect USB if you done is an option ---> Settings save to firmware

EVGA Flow Control Software
    • Full control of your EVGA CLC Liquid Cooler
    • Settings save to firmware

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile