EVGA

EVGA Nu Audio - must toggle Microphone Input in game for microphone to function.

Author
mixgranted
  • Total Posts : 7
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/02 05:56:27 (permalink)
Hello,

This odd issue has plagued me for quite some time. Is it the Nu Audio, headset, front connector?
In order for my microphone to work in games (or any app) I have to toggle the Microphone Input between Auto and Front after I start the game or vice versa. So annoying. 
Mic and headphone are using front audio jacks.
Steps:
Start computer
Microphone Input is on Auto
Start game 
Mic does not work in game. 
Tab out of game 
Set Input to Front
Mic now works

To further clarify / more info.
If I start a game with Mic Input on Front then the mic won't work until I TAB out of the game and change Input to AUTO.
If I start a game with Mic Input on Auto then the mic won't work until I TAB out of the game and change Input to FRONT. 
I should mention that the headphone audio always works fine.

Other than that everything works fine.
What am I doing wrong? Is it the audio card? Front panel audio connector issue? I don't have another headset to test the head set.

The first 100 times I switched the microphone input: Well at least everything is working!
After 101-401 times: I hate my privileged, entitled life.
After 402-20000x times: When will an asteroid finally destroy earth?

post edited by mixgranted - 2021/10/02 05:57:39

3 Replies Related Threads

haryadiaja
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: EVGA Nu Audio - must toggle Microphone Input in game for microphone to function. 2021/10/20 06:28:50 (permalink)
    The same on me, I need to hit Mic Boost in Nu Audio (increase the booost), to make Mic operational again.
    I am using this card not for listening music but sometime for working, and it is really annoying to have a conference in Teams, Webex etc. as I need to open to do something first to speak in the conference :(
    I hope there will be a fix soon by EVGA to resolve this. This is a great card somehow, but software side, it needs more improvement, and seems last update was already 1 year old.
    BizSAR
    EGC Lead Admin / EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 1712
    Re: EVGA Nu Audio - must toggle Microphone Input in game for microphone to function. 2021/10/22 11:38:41 (permalink)
    I'd suggest submitting a support ticket against your card to EVGA here.
    I've got a Nu Audio Pro and am not seeing this issue, but don't use the front panel connector.

BizSAR
    EVGA 3090Ti FTW3 Ultra / ZOTAC 4070Ti Trinity OC - ASUS ROG PG279QM
    haryadiaja
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: EVGA Nu Audio - must toggle Microphone Input in game for microphone to function. 2021/10/23 09:48:34 (permalink)
    Apparently, I use the front panel almost everyday. Rear panel connected to my speakers, while front panel used for meeting / conference, connected to a headset with mic :(
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile