nick_shl
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1073
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/18 10:23:44 (permalink)
Doesn't seems fair to me:
enewtThere are three ways to get a free t-shirt:
1. Use my associate code when buying a 30 series from the Queue (b-stock not from the queue don’t count)…starting this morning, first 500 orders (starting this morning) get the t-shirt thrown in.
2. Use certain other top associates’ codes at checkout (their accounts each have 50 free t-shirts to give out via the checkout process)…EVGA communicated with the associates yesterday so they likely have publicized this opportunity to their friends and via their channels. (I am guessing 500 shirts in total).
3. ...
Why some associates can use free t-shirts to gain more sales using their codes and other can't?

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!

29 Replies Related Threads

nomoss
    FTW Member
    • Total Posts : 1559
    • Ribbons : 7
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/18 10:43:50 (permalink)

Associates code:  9OYA1P1FRHQ3SGN
    Imgur    modsrigs:  Chemical X   RedWing   Utonium   TY for the +1s! 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/18 11:35:32 (permalink)
    nick_shl
    1. Use my associate code when buying a 30 series from the Queue (b-stock not from the queue don’t count)…starting this morning, first 500 orders (starting this morning) get the t-shirt thrown in.
    2. Use certain other top associates’ codes at checkout (their accounts each have 50 free t-shirts to give out via the checkout process)…EVGA communicated with the associates yesterday so they likely have publicized this opportunity to their friends and via their channels. (I am guessing 500 shirts in total).
    3. ...
    Why some associates can use free t-shirts to gain more sales using their codes and other can't?

My assumption, because eNewt helped design the shirt as well as the extensive tracking of the queues movement, so they are giving some members shirts for using his code? Others didn’t help design the shirt or track and update the queues like eNewt was able to.

eNewt, as well as a couple others, have kept extensive tracking lists of queue positions as well. Kram36 did one for a while, but subsequently shut down those threads due to some things that came up.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/10/18 11:45:01
    nick_shl
    FTW Member
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/18 13:33:33 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_oneMy assumption, because ...
    It doesn't matter. Even there no explicit mention of equality in Terms, there some in FAQ:
    Q. Do other Associates Members have the same Rewards Percentages as I do?
    A. Yes. All Associates Members have the same Rewards Percentages depending on each Qualifying Product category.
    Q. Do other Associates Members offer the same Discount Percentages as I do?
    A. Yes. All Associates Members offer the same Discount Percentages depending on each Qualifying Product category.
    I willing to decrease my Reward Percentage for GPUs to 2% in exchange to increase 4% Discount Percentage. Will they do it for me? Rhetorical question - of course no, it will break equality. Then why EVGA did same thing with free t-shirts?

Use associate code to save 3% on your EVGA GPU purchase! And up to 10% on other products!
    nomoss
    FTW Member
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/18 13:58:03 (permalink)
    The terms of the Associates program do not prohibit use in a promotion.  In fact, the terms clearly state that EVGA can do anything they want with the program.
    The fact that no one is using your associate code has nothing to do with anyone else.  Helping people will get your code used. 
    Good luck with your windmills.
    post edited by nomoss - 2021/10/18 16:46:58

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 21171
    • Ribbons : 270
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/18 19:21:02 (permalink)
    I like living in my world where associates and associate spam doesn't exist.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
    My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/18 19:45:48 (permalink)
    nick_shl
    3. ...

actually I believe enewt .. Is/Has  used his own EVGA Bucks (Associates earned) to Buy the T-shirts he is giving away

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/18 20:01:21 (permalink)
    Cool GTX
    nick_shl
    3. ...

actually I believe enewt .. Is/Has  used his own EVGA Bucks (Associates earned) to Buy the T-shirts he is giving away

So enewt bought 500 shirts, other "top associates" bought 50 shirts, and enewt and other "top associates" know the names and addresses of people who are placing orders?  No.  Only EVGA knows the contact information of people who place orders; therefore this is evidence that EVGA is working a special deal with those people.  I agree that it isn't fair.  It is a kickback and the definition of corruption.  You scratch my back, I scratch yours.  BOOO!!!!
    But I would prefer if the associates program didn't exist at all, to be honest.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/10/18 20:10:57

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

nick_shl
    FTW Member
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/18 21:10:37 (permalink)
    Cool GTXactually I believe enewt .. Is/Has  used his own EVGA Bucks (Associates earned) to Buy the T-shirts he is giving away
    T-shirt cost $14.99. Average Reward Percentage for all GPU purchases with my code is $22.63. So, it is still profitable(+$7.64). Can I buy 10 T-shirt to give away? Again, it is rhetorical question.
    Fun fact:
    50 T-Shirts * $22.63 = $1'131.50
    500 T-Shirts * $22.63 = $11'315.00

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 04:37:28 (permalink)
    People are making that much money via the associates program?! What scumbags!

I will have to consider a scheme where I become an associate and I paypal any money earned back to the purchaser. Maybe that would be enough to kill it.

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 04:42:22 (permalink)
    ty_ger07

I will have to consider a scheme where I become an associate and I paypal any money earned back to the purchaser. Maybe that would be enough to kill it.

So you would give away real money in place of a “digital currency” that you can not spend outside of the EVGA website? Sounds like you have cash to give away.

Remember, the cost of the shirt from eNewt would be in EVGA bucks, not cash. He is already getting the EVGA bucks from people using his code, so taking the bucks he is already getting without people whining about it, and putting it toward shirts to give back to the people, WHILE losing EVGA bucks in the process, means he is taking a hit while giving back, because he could just continue to benefit without doing anything for anyone.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 04:52:23 (permalink)
    the_Scarlet_one
    ty_ger07

So you would give away real money in place of a “digital currency” that you can not spend outside of the EVGA website? Sounds like you have cash to give away.

Remember, the cost of the shirt from eNewt would be in EVGA bucks, not cash. He is already getting the EVGA bucks from people using his code, so taking the bucks he is already getting without people whining about it, and putting it toward shirts to give back to the people, WHILE losing EVGA bucks in the process, means he is taking a hit while giving back, because he could just continue to benefit without doing anything for anyone.

Another way to look at it is that it is unfairly taking the market from other associates. The problem, in my opinion, isn't enewt. The problem, in my opinion, is that EVGA is assisting in incentivizing which associates code is used. That is corruption and unfair for any other associate.

Why is EVGA incentivizing that people use associates codes from people who were already the top associates earners? While some are earning thousands and thousands already, EVGA hands them more leverage, and it's a slap in the face to all the other associates who have only earned $20. It makes a mockery of the thing that was already a mockery.

As for the other question: if it would kill off the associates program, it would be worth it.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/10/19 05:06:43

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 05:01:26 (permalink)
    I never signed up for the associate program because I personally don’t think it would be “fair” as a mod when there are plenty of users that could enjoy the benefits.

If you would like to voice your opinion on this, I do suggest emailing support@evga.com or the email that is in the associate program web page.
    transdogmifier
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6116
    • Ribbons : 17
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 05:17:24 (permalink)
    I'm so very tired of people whining about this kind of thing. Stop being a snowflake.

"I'm upset/offended" is not a reason to cater to you...at all.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
    Deepcool LT720
    Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
    eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
    Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
    eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
    32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
    Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
    Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
    Phanteks P500A Case

nomoss
    FTW Member
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 06:07:44 (permalink)
    People who don't want to put any effort into succeeding are always the FIRST and LOUDEST of those who complain about another's success.  This is just sad.

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 06:08:43 (permalink)
    I just look at it as people are free to put in what members code they want. If someone on the forums is helpful or I find them funny I would use their code over someone who I feel is being mean or rude.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 07:00:01 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I just look at it as people are free to put in what members code they want. If someone on the forums is helpful or I find them funny I would use their code over someone who I feel is being mean or rude.

So, you don't think that the incentive of EVGA tossing a free shirt into your shipment (if you use certain advertised codes) will affect which associate code people will use?

nomoss
    FTW Member
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 07:11:52 (permalink)
    ty_ger07
    Hoggle

So, you don't think that the incentive of EVGA tossing a free shirt into your shipment (if you use certain advertised codes) will affect which associate code people will use?

No.  Because everyone is already using enewt's code anyway.  Do you think everyone was clamoring to  use your code but suddenly a cheap undersized t-shirt drew them away?
    It's a promotion that will be over in a week.  

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 07:51:53 (permalink)
    nick_shl
    3. ...

It's smart of EVGA to do this. enewt has earned well over $15k in EVGA Bucks, he has ran out of things he can buy and sell off. So if EVGA can get people to keep using enewt's code, those EVGA Bucks won't be spent any time soon.
    ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 07:52:44 (permalink)
    nomoss
    ty_ger07
    Hoggle

No.  Because everyone is already using enewt's code anyway.  Do you think everyone was clamoring to  use your code but suddenly a cheap undersized t-shirt drew them away?
    It's a promotion that will be over in a week.  

Interesting opinion.
    I don't have a code. I always thought it was nonsense, a conflict of interest, or contributed to spam.
    In the most basic sense, without considering anything else, all opinions aside, EVGA is promoting that people use certain associates codes instead of others. In the most basic sense, it is not flattering towards EVGA.
    post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/10/19 07:54:33

ty_ger07
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 07:58:09 (permalink)
    I think I have a change of heart. I have no idea where the quote in the OP came from, but if you read the EVGA article, it doesn't say that only certain associates codes qualify.
    Therefore, I remove myself from this conversation.

nick_shl
    FTW Member
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 08:22:17 (permalink)
    ty_ger07I have no idea where the quote in the OP came from, but if you read the EVGA article, it doesn't say that only certain associates codes qualify.
    It is because they probably shy to disclose that. I got it here:

https://forums.evga.com/FindPost/3483869
    https://forums.evga.com/EVGAcom-30-Series-Queue-System-m3108092-p1793.aspx#3483869
    This is links to same post. If you'll read this thread further, you will find that people who used certain codes got free T-shirts at checkout.

HoggleI just look at it as people are free to put in what members code they want. If someone on the forums is helpful or I find them funny I would use their code over someone who I feel is being mean or rude.
    Ok, what about one helpful, another rude but you can get free T-shirt? There you can try to argue... don't. What if both helpful, but using one code you will get just discount and by using another code you will get discount and T-Shirt? Hard to compete, right?

nomossBecause everyone is already using enewt's code anyway.  Do you think everyone was clamoring to  use your code but suddenly a cheap undersized t-shirt drew them away?
    It doesn't matter. Matter that EVGA treats associates differently.

kram36It's smart of EVGA to do this. enewt has earned well over $15k in EVGA Bucks, he has ran out of things he can buy and sell off. So if EVGA can get people to keep using enewt's code, those EVGA Bucks won't be spent any time soon.
    What happens when shortage will be over? Do they allow buy him everything in their stock and sell it for profit? Probably not:
    EVGA reserves the right to cancel or suspend the awarding of EVGA Bucks for any reason, including fraud, the use of exploits, or other actions deemed by EVGA to cast doubt on the integrity of the EVGA Associates Program.
    EVGA reserves the right to add or remove EVGA Bucks acquired through the Associates Program at its own discretion at any time and without compensation to the Associates member.

nomoss
    FTW Member
    Flagged as Spam (2)
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 09:28:20 (permalink)
    My gosh, you're so oppressed!
    Watching your hissy fits is always funny.  But in a sad way.

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30975
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 10:12:06 (permalink)

Voice your opinion & if you want it to be heard By EVGA   Complaints and Suggestions

Anyone who qualifies can get a shirt & you Do Not have to use a specific EVGA ELITE Members Code .... Any Code will work - OR - Just be ELITE
    CALLING ALL EVGA QUEUE SURVIVORS! EVGA T-Shirt Giveaway!

https://www.evga.com/arti.es/01519/survived-queue/

(excerpt)

Your asking about Special treatment     "This t-shirt was co-designed in collaboration with one of EVGA's very own forum members; "enewt.""

Entries must meet the following requirements:
    • Available only to US and Canada residence
    • EVGA 30 series graphics card must be registered to the EVGA account it was purchased from
    • EVGA ELITE Membership status required (activate your ELITE Membership here: https://www.evga.com/member/elite/)
    • Be an active EVGA Associate member OR an EVGA Associates code must have been used at checkout (learn how to receive EVGA Bucks rewards Or discounts on EVGA products with the EVGA Associates program here https://www.evga.com/associates/ )

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 10:22:27 (permalink)
    Nick_shl,
    Have you considered message eNewt to see if he will provide any information on how the process works, since he is directly involved? No? Consider it.

There is no guarantee he will answer your question, but you are already here making assumptions and wanting answers, so reach out to the sources for clarification. Aside from that, no one here can answer your question or address your concern, especially since you have made up your mind already.
    post edited by the_Scarlet_one - 2021/10/19 10:29:17
    Nereus
    Captain Goodvibes
    • Total Posts : 18915
    • Ribbons : 58
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/19 11:25:34 (permalink)
    kram36
    nick_shl
    3. ...

It's smart of EVGA to do this. enewt has earned well over $15k in EVGA Bucks, he has ran out of things he can buy and sell off. So if EVGA can get people to keep using enewt's code, those EVGA Bucks won't be spent any time soon.

$15k? I would think it would be at least $30k, and likely more than that. Remember way back at the start of it when I was the only person updating all the lists for months and months? Yeah, not many seem to remember now... it was a lot of work. After quite a few months doing it on my own, Enewt started helping out which I was grateful for. Then the lists got hacked / repeatedly spammed by some entitled asshat who was all butthurt because he though he shouldn't have to wait in a queue and that it was rigged somehow. Shortly after that, Enewt started up his own new lists using the info from those original lists, and I was shut out. I made quite a few EVGA Bucks in those first few months and a few more in the time since (certainly less than $10k total though), so considering how long it has been going on since then, he must have easily accrued multiple tens of thousands of dollars by now.

FYI, I did not get any email about being one of the top associates accounts, so for all the work I put in back then, apparently it wasn't enough to get me in whatever that top group is with people using my code. I'm glad to see Enewt is giving something back to the community sponsoring some of the t-shirts though. I likewise 'paid it forward' by buying and donating a bnib 3000 series GPU to the EVGA folding competition, and it went to a regular folder which was good to see. Also, I have not purchased and sold anything whatsoever with EVGA Bucks, although I upgraded my motherboard not long ago, so I will be selling my old one soon, along with a bunch of other old gear.

I might try to buy one of the t-shirts.. except I'm still waiting in the queues - I got extremely lucky and purchased a 3090 right at the start (mostly on credit card, I only had $67 EVGA Bucks accrued at that point), and the only other 3000 series GPU I got was the one I donated. I would love to get a KingPin Hydrocopper, unfortunately at the rate that queue is moving, I'll still be waiting 10 years from now lol.  

post edited by Nereus - 2021/10/19 20:18:43

BUILD 1 2   |   MINI-ITX BUILD   |   MODSRIGS $1K WIN   |   HEATWARE 111-0-0   |   ASSOCIATE CODE CSKKXUT5Q9GVAFR

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/20 16:02:31 (permalink)
    nick_shl
    3. ...

Is there a list of these Top Associates? If not, there should be some transparency on who these Top Associates are.
    johcamp21
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 323
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/29 14:50:38 (permalink)
    This thread is an embarrassment. Enewt's summaries and hard work each and every day for nigh a year now is the reason any of us have any idea at all where the queue stands. Stop it. I'm not usually crass but this has my knickers in a wad. Be a good person for once and stop being selfish Nick.

The rewards program is over - Sadge

nick_shl
    FTW Member
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/31 07:18:47 (permalink)
    johcamp21Enewt's summaries and hard work each and every day for nigh a year now is the reason any of us have any idea at all where the queue stands.
    I am talking about EVGA behavior, but by some reason people always switch to Enewt's personality and his hard work. I am not argue about that.

EVGA doesn't show queue position and ETA, then Enewt done some kind of tracking, then EVGA decided to give him a favor by gave him advantage for his Associated code... this whole situation looks really weird. If EVGA so happy with tracking, why they isn't show queue position and ETA in the first place?

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    Re: All associates are equal, but some associates are more equal than others 2021/10/31 14:04:41 (permalink)
    EVGA isn’t going to show positions simply because people are very dishonest. Step up use to have the queue position visible, and people constantly tried to use their position against EVGA to force their position quicker, and people from different regions would also try to use the information they didn’t understand to justify their anger against EVGA, when they weren’t even looking at the correct part of the world.

When the first 30 series “queues” were started, a LOT of people lied and tried to enter flat out incorrect information to disrupt the queues, and even went on to delete other peoples information simply to disrupt the queues.

So why doesn’t EVGA show queue position, because people are terrible to be honest, plain and simple.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile