Intel Confirms that Arc Graphics Will Not Feature Cryptocurrency Mining Lock

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102262
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/10/13 00:16:53 (permalink)
https://www.techpowerup.com/287783/intel-confirms-that-arc-graphics-will-not-feature-cryptocurrency-mining-lock

Intel's VP and GM of Client Graphics Products and Solutions Roger Chandler has recently confirmed in an interview with Gadgets 360 that the companies upcoming Arc Alchemist desktop graphics cards will not ship with any software or hardware cryptocurrency mining inhibitors. Roger Chandler didn't rule out the possibility of Intel implementing such a lock in the future simply stating that it is not a priority for the company. Intel SVP and GM of Accelerated Computing Systems and Graphics Raja Koduri also noted that they cannot guarantee sufficient supply will be available to meet consumer demand. These graphics cards are not expected to be released until Q2 2022 with mobile versions coming earlier in Q1 so we cannot be sure how they will affect availability and pricing for the general GPU market. 

Of course I don't know how attractive Intel's new GPUs will be nor how efficient they will be for mining. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

1 Reply Related Threads

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Reward points : 0
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: Intel Confirms that Arc Graphics Will Not Feature Cryptocurrency Mining Lock 2021/10/13 04:57:11 (permalink)
    rjohnson11
    Of course I don't know how attractive Intel's new GPUs will be nor how efficient they will be for mining.

Someone has to write a mining program for these cards or they will never be used for mining.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile