EVGA

8-month wait for nothing.

Author
IIllIlllII1
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/12 05:57:47 (permalink)
EVGA is dealing with a lot of supply issues, like the rest of the world, but they have failed miserably on customer service in my situation, which was completely in their own control.
Haven't bought a graphics card in 10 years, finally built my own PC and had to wait for the 30 series to be released.  I'm a patient person, but what just transpired tells me EVGA doesn't care about returning customers
--Started my build in Dec-2019
--I bought a 2060 KO Ultra in April-2020 to temporarily complete my build.
--I bought a 3090 FTW3 Ultra in Nov-2020 to nearly complete my build.
--I queued up for my 2nd 3090 FTW3 Ultra in Feb-2021 to get the last piece of my build.
I waited 8-months in the queue, get the notification on October 8 this past Friday.  Go to purchase it and am met with a message stating I can not order it as I had already purchased one and its only 1-per customer.  Even though it was 11-months since my last purchase.
To their credit they responded to my emails below...but they definitely don't care nor are they even acknowledging the problem with their purchasing policy being enforced at checkout, and not at queue-entry.  What makes you want to come back to these jokers if they can't even do the things under their control in a way that doesn't waste 8-months of their customers' time...or even acknowledge that its a problem to begin with?  I checked the policy link...it gives a bunch of maybes and possibilities...and ends with "All restrictions are determined by EVGA at its sole discretion and may be modified at any time."

BUYER BEWARE!  You can't trust EVGA to even try to help you through things.  Have a plan B....my plan B just became my plan A and it doesn't involve EVGA.
RELEVANT POLICY VERBIAGE

Purchasing, Shipping, and Delivery Restrictions

Purchasing Restrictions
The US/CA EVGA online store ships to the Continental U.S., Hawaii, Puerto Rico and Canada. International orders originating from outside of the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico will be declined. Furthermore, international credit cards are not accepted, with the exception of banks within our shipping areas of Canada.
EVGA products on the online store often have additional purchase restrictions, which may be modified at any time by EVGA. For example, some products may be restricted to members with a specific status, such as EVGA Elite Members, while other products may be restricted based on the means to place an order or limits on purchases of the same product.
To ensure that all customers have a chance to purchase products with limited availability, many products on the EVGA online store have an absolute limit for the purchase quantity of the same part number (e.g. EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA), chipset/wattage (e.g. EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 GPU), and/or product family (e.g. EVGA GeForce RTX 30 Series). This restriction is often limited to one (1) or two (2) of the same product, chipset/wattage, and/or product family per person, per household, per address. Purchases that exceed this amount will either return an error during checkout, or will result in a cancelled order. Additional purchases may be permitted after a certain time elapses, after EVGA determines conditions to acquire the product have improved, or purchases may be limited permanently.
EVGA uses a variety of ways to review and enforce purchase restrictions by person, household, address, and account. In the event of a dispute over these restrictions, EVGA shall make the final decision at its sole discretion.
All restrictions are determined by EVGA at its sole discretion and may be modified at any time.

EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE 
On Oct 11, 2021, at 6:37 PM, EVGA Sales <> wrote:

xxx, thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team. My name is Stephen and I will answer your question today.

YOUR ANSWER

Hello,

You can find this information on our store policies page here at  under the Purchasing Restrictions section. There's many limitations right now with with the extremely high demand of GPU's. EVGA wants to get these cards into as many different people's hands as possible. This is why there is a limitation. The limitation can be removed after a certain time as determined by EVGA. 

Regards,
EVGA

YOUR QUESTION

To: "EVGA Sales" <>
Subject:Re: [Notice] RE: [External]Re: [Notice] EVGA Product Availability Update Notification – 24G-P5-3987-KR

Thank you for the reply.

I understand why you have the policy, however there are two very important parts that were not made clear when I entered the queue on 2-12-2021.

1) When was the no-time-limit part communicated to me?
2) Why is the policy enforced at the end point of purchasing of the product, and not the beginning point of when I entered the queue?

This resulted in me waiting 8 months for something I was never going to be able to get.  I could’ve instead entered a different queue.  My last purchase of this product was 11-3-2021, almost 1-year ago.  It would be reasonable to assume that enough time had transpired where this wouldn’t be an issue. I’ve purchased multiple cards from EVGA, and am an Elite member, and until this experience, I was very happy with everything your company provides. Does EVGA not want me as a returning customer?

xxx

On Oct 11, 2021, at 4:16 PM, EVGA Sales <> wrote:

SUPPORT CENTER

xxx, thank you for contacting the EVGA Customer Service Team. My name is Stephen and I will answer your question today.

YOUR ANSWER

Hello,

We currently have a one (1) unit per household, per account, per part number in place. This is in place for all 30 series cards. With no time frame of when or if it'll be removed. We apologize for any inconvenience. 

Regards,
EVGA

YOUR QUESTION

To: "EVGA Customer Support" <>
Subject:[External]Re: [Notice] EVGA Product Availability Update Notification – 24G-P5-3987-KR

Hello, 
I tried to purchase this on Friday (10-8-2021) evening, and it didn’t allow me because it said I had already purchased one.  It is strange to me that, although I did purchase one previously, it was about 11 months ago, in 2020.  Why was I not allowed to purchase another nearly 1-year later?  And furthermore, why did I have to wait in queue for 5 months to get that message, when it should’ve told me at the beginning? 
We are past the 20 hour window now, but I am highly disappointed at this system and it doesn’t reward Elite members, aka returning customers.

xxx

On Oct 8, 2021, at 1:44 PM, EVGA Customer Support <> wrote:

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is being sent in response to your request to be notified with availability updates for product 24G-P5-3987-KR and this product was marked as being in stock on 10/8/2021 at 11:44 AM PST.

Please use the unique URL to complete your purchase. Due to this being a limited supply product you have 20 hours to complete your purchase from the time of receiving this email, if not complete within 20 hours of receiving this email, the product will become unavailable and you will need to enter the notify queue again.

Please Note : You must be logged into the EVGA website and your profile email address MUST match the address that you used to sign up for notify.

Direct Product Link: 

This email is valid for shipping only to the United States and Canada. Additionally, please ensure you use a valid physical US or CA address as we do not ship to APO or PO Boxes.

**NOTE** If you do not intend to make a purchase from this email, please disregard and it will go to the next available person in line after the 20 hour time period expires. There is no need to contact EVGA regarding non-use.

Thank you,
EVGA Sales Team

11 Replies Related Threads

aka_STEVE_b
    EGC Admin
    • Total Posts : 17692
    • Ribbons : 69
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/12 06:30:26 (permalink)
    Yeah, I thought it was 2 of any card currently....but EVGA C.S. would know for sure.

While I agree in a free world that we should be able to buy anything/ or as much as we want to of anything,  during these shortages the system should not have let you even queue up for it if you can't purchase it due to restrictions .

Try to explain again to Service  guys that issue  & maybe they can work something out for you.?
      Good luck.

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X  12-core cpu~ ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero ~ EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3~ G.SKILL Trident Z NEO 32GB DDR4-3600 ~ Phanteks Eclipse P400s red case ~ EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G+ PSU ~ Intel 660p M.2 drive~ Crucial MX300 275 GB SSD ~WD 2TB SSD ~CORSAIR H115i RGB Pro XT 280mm cooler ~ CORSAIR Dark Core RGB Pro mouse ~ CORSAIR K68 Mech keyboard ~ HGST 4TB Hd.~ AOC AGON 32" monitor 1440p @ 144Hz ~ Win 10 x64
    kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/12 06:46:38 (permalink)
    Doesn't make much sense to limit the only SLi card Nvidia offers, the 3090 to 1 per household.

Imagine turning people away that want to buy your $1909.99 product.
    rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102231
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/12 07:45:21 (permalink)
    kram36
    Doesn't make much sense to limit the only SLi card Nvidia offers, the 3090 to 1 per household.

Imagine turning people away that want to buy your $1909.99 product.

The GPU shortage means that even the EVGA RTX 3090 has to be limited so that more people can have the opportunity to obtain one. It is unknown at this time when supply will increase enough to change the limitation. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

IIllIlllII1
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/12 11:22:40 (permalink)
    We can debate the merits of the 1-per household policy…but why allow me to queue up, wait 8 months watching the My Notifies section, receive automated emails saying it’s available to me for a limited 20-hour window with an active link, let me login, verify my customer info, and go to purchase and then finally at that point, enforce the 1-unit max policy on me?

And then when I respectfully reach out to CS twice and get the equivalent of a ::shrug::

Does any of that seem okay? There are at least 2-3 opportunities for improvement in that whole process. They have had the queue system up and running long enough now to have worked out the kinks. But perhaps ::shrug:: says it all.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30968
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/12 11:32:12 (permalink)
    Abbreviated the wall of too much information - for most to read in Post #1 ... this should sum it Up

IIllIlllII1

--I bought a 3090 FTW3 Ultra in Nov-2020 to nearly complete my build.
    --I queued up for my 2nd 3090 FTW3 Ultra in Feb-2021 to get the last piece of my build.
    I waited 8-months in the queue, get the notification on October 8 this past Friday.  Go to purchase it and am met with a message stating I can not order it as I had already purchased one and its only 1-per customer.  Even though it was 11-months since my last purchase.

I get you upset, waiting for the next GPU only to see you do not qualify ... because you already have on of that SKU

One per SKU applies to everyone

I have no idea if you getting on the queue was a mistake ?  or a policy change to 1 after you were on the queue ?

There is always Authorized Retailers to buy the second card ---> I've had to do that for years, (buy second card from Authorized) due to EVGA limits

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

IIllIlllII1
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/12 11:36:02 (permalink)
    Thanks for the summary capture and helpful advice on the retailers. I was struggling to describe the backstory and couldn’t do it succinctly.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30968
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/12 11:50:11 (permalink)
    Where To Buy

If you had more posts you could enter the EVGA Marketplace (after being granted access) where members sell items ... EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra P/N: 24G-P5-3987-KR  -- listed right now

You will need more posts before you could even apply & a Heatware.com account

Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

Item #17 How to Apply for the EVGA Marketplace

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

notfordman
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 10344
    • Ribbons : 28
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/12 14:15:11 (permalink)
    There should be something in place to prevent someone from signing up, after their first purchase. There probably isn't something in place now, and this should be addressed immediately by EVGA. I can understand your frustration. 
    Chaos_21
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4524
    • Ribbons : 10
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/12 17:34:05 (permalink)
    You did get to purchase a card, you should feel lucky given the supply issues. 

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Intel Core i9-12900K- EVGA 360 CLC Cooler-Corsair Vengeance 4 x 16GB 3200mhz-2TB  Solidigm P41 Plus M.2 SSD--Three 1TB 970 EVO SSD's-EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA-Corsair HX1000i-Windows 11 64bit-Corsair iCUE 5000X RGB Case.      
     Steam     Twitter: https://twitter.com/Chaos_21
     Use my associate code: JBGVM12HDYDJPIM to get 5%-10% discount on EVGA purchases.

kram36
    The Destroyer
    • Total Posts : 21477
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/13 04:32:58 (permalink)
    notfordman
    There should be something in place to prevent someone from signing up, after their first purchase. There probably isn't something in place now, and this should be addressed immediately by EVGA. I can understand your frustration. 

When the auto notify was still up on video cards, you could auto notify for a card you had already bought. EVGA needs to fix this.

Z.PricyWolf
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2673
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: 8-month wait for nothing. 2021/10/13 04:38:51 (permalink)
    I was planning to buy 3x EVGA Mini-ITX.

122-CK-NF68-AR   /   122-CK-NF68-A1   /   132-CK-NF78-A1   /   132-YW-E178-A1   /   132-YW-E179-A1  /   151-IB-E699-KR
    128-A8-N303-TX   /   512-P3-N973-TR*2   /   012-P3-1570-AR*2   /   012-P3-1572-AR   /   03G-P4-3788-KR
    ⊰━━━━━━━≪☆≪  ☆・.*--゚– ☆⊲・*-.-゚–  ☆⊲⊰.-・-*-゚-   ☆-⊰・*-.-゚– -
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile