EVGA

Fan Design Question

Author
Zazz180
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/10/11 11:28:49 (permalink)
I am in the process of planning out my first PC build. I’ve seen countless pictures and videos of other rigs. I’ve noticed that some people compromise the correct placement of exhaust and intake fans because of aesthetics. They place the pretty side of the fan (not the model number/voltage sticker) where it is visually pleasing even though the airflow might not be correct for their rig. My question is this:

Are there any fan companies that make two different fans that are intake and outtake? It would mean that the fan blades would have the opposite pitch and the motor windings would go in the opposite direction. If someone would have the opportunity to buy a fan like this they could make an aesthetically pleasing PC with the pretty side of the fans pointing where they want and air flow going in the correct configuration.

It might even be a reverse switch needed on the fan to accomplish this.

Dan

3 Replies Related Threads

Flint 1760
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 8295
    • Ribbons : 45
    Re: Fan Design Question 2021/10/11 17:32:41 (permalink)
    Zazz180
    Are there any fan companies that make two different fans that are intake and outtake? It would mean that the fan blades would have the opposite pitch and the motor windings would go in the opposite direction. If someone would have the opportunity to buy a fan like this they could make an aesthetically pleasing PC with the pretty side of the fans pointing where they want and air flow going in the correct configuration.

It might even be a reverse switch needed on the fan to accomplish this.

I have never seen a PC fan with a reverse switch.  A reverse switch would compromise efficiency because of blade design.  However, maybe one of these will help you out:  https://www.antec.com/product/cooling/reverse-fan, https://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-TL-C12R-L-RGB-Single-Computer-Cooling/dp/B08Z7CJP8Zhttps://www.amazon.com/Thermalright-TL-C12R-Computer-Gaming-Cooler/dp/B08PTYWK49, and there are more from Thermalright, and maybe other companies.

Zazz180
    • Total Posts : 10
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: Fan Design Question 2021/10/11 22:21:43 (permalink)
    Thank you Flint 1760. So these are called reverse airflow fans. Thank you for broadening my knowledge.

Dan
    freakdaddy64
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 784
    • Ribbons : 5
    Re: Fan Design Question 2021/10/12 04:42:06 (permalink)
    do your research on what kind of setup you are doing the main thing is good airflow. i have a nzxt 710i case and thier cases come with vented sides along front and top and temps are not problem but i wanted to go with rgb lighting so i bought nzxt rgb fans and thier fans air flow is opposite of the lighting ring so exhaust means light shows in side case and intake would show light facing out of case so with solid front i couldnt see rgb fans and then i found coldzero.com or org and they make custom parts and i got the top and front covers which are held on by magnets and are awsome so now i have great intake and great exhaust and temps dropped 8 to 10 degrees and heres video of my pc. sorry to drag it out but really research what you want and you can achieve it.

(2) 004 - YouTube

asus rog strix b550 f gaming ryzen 7 5800x3d cpu gskill trident z neo rgb ddr4 3600 ram sabrent 2tb ssd m.2 storage sabrent 1tb boot asus rog 4080 oc corsair 5000d case evga supernova 1000 t2 psu
    nzxt x73 rgb 360 cooler
    asus rog xg349c 34 inch display
    asus rog xg27aqm 27 inch 1440p 270 hz monitor THE SMOOTH OPERATOR
    Associate Code: YLOPU45V2M8FQL9

Elite ID: 2RWCT4B87YQYR15NNQO

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile