EVGA

UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider.

Author
Puzzledusted
  • Total Posts : 5
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/25 09:07:59 (permalink)
please consider switching your shipping provider.

i had a 30700ti shipped recently for my girlfriends PC and had one of the worst delivery experiences of my life, he gave my package to my neighbor then tried to start a fight with me over it.

So the ups guy finally gets there at 7pm, 5 hours after there "your package is close" notification so i end up watching him all day, drive right past my house several times, waited to go out to dinner because i didn't want it sitting outside. I'm really glad i did.

i hear a knock on my door, and go outside and there is a small amazon package sitting at my door, and a ups guy is at the stairs yelling up to an apartment above mine, for her  to come down and get her package, she has the package and is up the stairs before i could say, "hey, that's my package its expensive and irreplaceable" he says "no you're number seven"  i said "yeah, that's my package", hes like "hold up, hold up" and wasn't doing anything.

as i start walking to the stairs he tells her to drop it down to him, i yell so she can hear me, not to drop my expensive package, as im walking up thew stairs to grab it my self, he runs up to get in between us and get in my face, no mask, spitting and cursing in my face to "do something" repeatedly, i just told him to "get out of my face"

i grabbed my package and walk back down the stairs to my apartment, he keeps being loud, at this point all my neighbors are looking.

i asked his name as he got in his truck and he didn't want to tell me.

i called UPS's 1800  number and filed a complaint the next morning, they said someone would be calling me back to escalate the call further but that never happened, no email, nothing.

additionally i know people that have worked as delivery and other people that have worked in the warehouse for them, and they all say no one there cares about your packages. they will be kicked and dropped repeatedly.

please consider switching your shipping provider.

11 Replies Related Threads

Montana.Actual
    • Total Posts : 81
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/25 09:09:35 (permalink)
    Cool story bro. I am having trouble believing Ups is at fault and this isn't exaggerated.
    yaymz
    SSC Member
    • Total Posts : 736
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/25 09:56:07 (permalink)
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  Every logistics company is beyond stretched thin right now. Many drivers are overloaded because logistics is having a hard time finding drivers (this goes for USPS, Fedex, Amazon, etc).  Just look online, many companies are offering big sign on bonuses. 

What it means is that the people who do show up to work are getting more than a days workload on their trucks (or having to go back to depot to refill).  I see Amazon, UPS, even USPS out till 10pm in my neighborhood sometimes.  I think at the end of the day, the driver was just trying to get his packages out.  Doesn't sound like that big of a deal TBH.   I'm pretty sure your package would have been insured if it was coming from EVGA.

cpu: Intel 12900k-EK Quantum Magnitude waterblock
    mobo: Asus z690 Apex
    ram: G.skill DDR5 @ 6000+.
    gpu: MSI 4090 Suprim Liq x on EK-Quantum Vector² Trio ABP waterblock
    ssd: Samsung m.2 980 Pro 2TB (x2)
    psu: beQuiet Dark Power Pro 1500w
    case: Lian-li o11d xl
    monitor: Asus ROG Swift 27" 1440p @240hz (PG279QM).[/
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/25 10:54:07 (permalink)

@puzzledusted,

Do not post pics with Foul Language in it. I have deleted that post.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Puzzledusted
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/25 11:10:01 (permalink)
    why would i lie?

ups has the worst reputation.

@xrayman,
    where is there foul language?
    i see 1 censored word, is that what you're talking about?
    because it was already censored, was seeing the F too much? im kinda lost here.
    post edited by Puzzledusted - 2021/09/25 11:11:02
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/25 15:54:37 (permalink)

Even a censored word is not allowed. Thank you.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Montana.Actual
    • Total Posts : 81
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/25 21:42:56 (permalink)
    A google search? Really? lol. How about share what you typed in to bring up the search. Biased much?

Dude, I worked for Frito Lay for 3 years before the route started requiring 70 hours a week and became unmanageable. UPS drivers are dealing with the same stuff. All drivers nationwide are. You just caught one on a bad day and I'm willing to bet your impatient attitude (expecting a delivery on an exact time and watching the driver go to multiple locations before yours) and overreactions you are not sharing (your actual interactions on the balcony) with us only escalated the situation. Calm down. Take a deep breath. Move on.

4 posts here and 2 of them in this thread. Even a blind man could see this is some low level biased CL rant type stuff.
    post edited by Montana.Actual - 2021/09/25 21:47:01
    Puzzledusted
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/25 23:06:25 (permalink)
    talk about bias, you think your experiences are more important than someone elses? 
    is the forum not the proper place to discuss this?

you wernt even there why are you trying to call me a liar and saying i had an attitude.
    how about you move on?

when shipping expensive, irreplaceable electronics i would hope they take this sort of thing into consideration.

rjohnson11
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 102291
    • Ribbons : 84
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/26 03:50:40 (permalink)
    If EVGA were unhappy with UPS I'm sure they would have changed the delivery service. The fact is that UPS is the largest delivery company worldwide and meets the needs of EVGA. Large numbers of complaints against UPS are in fact small compared to overall delivery success rate. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

bill1024
    Omnipotent Enthusiast
    • Total Posts : 11094
    • Ribbons : 65
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/26 07:49:22 (permalink)
    I use UPS all the time. I go right to their warehouse and drop off.
    Their prices to ship from East coast to the West coast w/1000$ insurance was cheaper than USPS
    Even cheaper. Was 23$ to ship a GPU where USPS is around 26$
    My UPS guy put my packaged right by my back door and always leaves a Milkbone treat for my dog.
    He has helped me bring in a big TV into my living room.
    UPS rocks.

Life is too short to carry a cheap pocket knife

staypuft
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 4013
    • Ribbons : 31
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/28 05:36:16 (permalink)
    I tend to choose UPS over USPS and FedEx for my GPU shipping, when I can help it.  Sorry to hear about your trouble.

Interested in a discount on EVGA products?
    Click here for details and enter this Associates code at checkout >> 2ILPLQQ8IWY8DPN

2021 Build: Gigabyte Z590 Ultra | Core i7-10700K | be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Fractal Design Meshify C | Asus TUF VG27AQL1A
    evga1081
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 108
    • Ribbons : 2
    Re: UPS is the worst. please consider switching your shipping provider. 2021/09/28 14:24:05 (permalink)
    yaymz
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.  Every logistics company is beyond stretched thin right now. Many drivers are overloaded because logistics is having a hard time finding drivers (this goes for USPS, Fedex, Amazon, etc).  Just look online, many companies are offering big sign on bonuses. 

What it means is that the people who do show up to work are getting more than a days workload on their trucks (or having to go back to depot to refill).  I see Amazon, UPS, even USPS out till 10pm in my neighborhood sometimes.  I think at the end of the day, the driver was just trying to get his packages out.  Doesn't sound like that big of a deal TBH.   I'm pretty sure your package would have been insured if it was coming from EVGA.

Maybe UPS and every other logistics company should pay competitively, not just measly bonuses (scraps), to secure talent. If not, then these companies are satisfied with this kind of behavior. Almost every single company is looking to find ways to scrape as much profit as possible these days. It is coming to the point where they don't event want to fulfill their original promise for a product or service, because 'good enough' still gets them their full cut of profit.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile