EVGA

GTX 1660 TI SC ULTRA - irritating pulse noise

Author
IPSEC
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2020/12/31 10:44:32 (permalink)
Hello, i recently bought this gpu and I am not quite happy with it.
I know its supposed to have the fans turned off in idle mode until it reaches a certain temp but when they start spinning the noise gets on my nerves.
I found a video on youtube and i am sharing it here to let you know what I am talking about, make sure you increase the volume before clicking the link ( can't post link, search for New GeForce GTX 1660 Ti SC ULTRA GAMING pulses loudly on youtube, starts at 1:05 )

My previous GPU was 1660 TI Ventus OC and it ran so smoothly compared to this model, it was quiet and the fan behaved properly even with custom fan curve, this one sounds like someone is quickly accelerating a car, fans turning off and on for a brief moment. Why is it not spinning at constant speed?
This model is so weird to me, i tried making a custom fan curve but still makes this pulsing noise. Maybe i am doing something wrong, can anyone assist me ?

//edit: i cannot post url of youtube video, search for New GeForce GTX 1660 Ti SC ULTRA GAMING pulses loudly, starts at 1:05
post edited by IPSEC - 2020/12/31 11:09:50

3 Replies Related Threads

bgrammar
    Re: GTX 1660 TI SC ULTRA - irritating pulse noise 2021/09/20 17:35:50 (permalink)
    IPSEC
    Hello, i recently bought this gpu and I am not quite happy with it.
    I know its supposed to have the fans turned off in idle mode until it reaches a certain temp but when they start spinning the noise gets on my nerves.
    I found a video on youtube and i am sharing it here to let you know what I am talking about, make sure you increase the volume before clicking the link ( can't post link, search for New GeForce GTX 1660 Ti SC ULTRA GAMING pulses loudly on youtube, starts at 1:05 )

My previous GPU was 1660 TI Ventus OC and it ran so smoothly compared to this model, it was quiet and the fan behaved properly even with custom fan curve, this one sounds like someone is quickly accelerating a car, fans turning off and on for a brief moment. Why is it not spinning at constant speed?
    This model is so weird to me, i tried making a custom fan curve but still makes this pulsing noise. Maybe i am doing something wrong, can anyone assist me ?

//edit: i cannot post url of youtube video, search for New GeForce GTX 1660 Ti SC ULTRA GAMING pulses loudly, starts at 1:05

Did you ever figure out what the issue was with this? My card is doing the same thing. Custom fan profiles don't make it go away. No bios update I can find either. Really irritating.

IPSEC
    Re: GTX 1660 TI SC ULTRA - irritating pulse noise 2021/09/25 11:06:57 (permalink)
    No i didn't, most people say this is how it was manufactured.
    Currently i am using a custom fan curve as a temporary fix, so the fans never stop rotating.
    bgrammar
    Re: GTX 1660 TI SC ULTRA - irritating pulse noise 2021/09/25 20:29:48 (permalink)
    Thanks… I did the same thing, but hate to have the fans run all the time, when they don’t really need to.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile