EVGA

X20 issues, switching profiles on its own, sleep timer changing back to 1 minute

Author
Crimtide
  • Total Posts : 80
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/16 14:24:30 (permalink)
I was originally going to return for a refund my X20 mouse, but it grew on me, and now it might be one of my favorites I have used in the course of the last 25 years of PC gaming.. Firmware update fixed my charging issue that made me not want it, and I love it now.  Except, now I am starting to hate it again...  

That being said, I am back to wondering if a return should happen again.. No, I am not pressing my profile button.. it happens very rarely, but does happen at least once per day, sometimes twice.  

The sleep timer also resets itself.  I have it set to 10 minutes.  Sometimes it will change itself back to 1 minute.  I feel like this two problems are maybe because the memory on the mouse is defective?  Does it use internal memory to save settings?  Or is it 100% software based?  

When the X20 goes into SLEEP MODE, everything crawls at a snails pace.  I could be typing 100 WPM, the mouse goes into sleep mode while typing (because it changed itself to 1 minute), and the letters start coming out 1 keystroke every 2-3 seconds, incredibly sluggish.  Typing does not get back to normal until the X20 wakes up.  Even alt tabbing while the mouse is asleep takes a few seconds.  

My PC is no slouch, this is 100% due to the mouse itself.  I know this because when I remove the mouse from my system and plug my Logitech G903 back in, all the problems go away.  

I really don't want to return the mouse, I love the way it fits in the hand and glides.  When it is working properly, it is amazing in gaming, especially FPS.  

I guess I am writing this to see if anyone else is experiencing any of the same.

6 Replies Related Threads

EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    • Total Posts : 1026
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: X20 issues, switching profiles on its own, sleep timer changing back to 1 minute 2021/09/16 15:04:53 (permalink)
    I've yet to experience this issue and I've been testing with the X20 extensively. Where do you have the wireless dongle plugged into? I do recommend using the cable and weight adapter and setting it within line of sight of the mouse. If you're using an AMD X570 motherboard I would strongly suggest avoiding any USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard. X570 has known issues with USB 2.0 still. 

Crimtide
    Re: X20 issues, switching profiles on its own, sleep timer changing back to 1 minute 2021/09/16 15:44:55 (permalink)
    EVGA_James
    I've yet to experience this issue and I've been testing with the X20 extensively. Where do you have the wireless dongle plugged into? I do recommend using the cable and weight adapter and setting it within line of sight of the mouse. If you're using an AMD X570 motherboard I would strongly suggest avoiding any USB 2.0 ports on the motherboard. X570 has known issues with USB 2.0 still. 

Hi James, Z490 board, I am using it in USB 3.0.  The adapter is about 12 inches from the mouse.  Assuming there may be something wrong, I want to say it may be with the software itself, because I am also noticing that the software is frequently going into a "Not responding" state.  This is why I asked if the data is stored on the mouse, or if it is controlled fully by software.  I am going to remove the software from the system, game for a couple of days without it, and see if there is any difference.
    EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    Re: X20 issues, switching profiles on its own, sleep timer changing back to 1 minute 2021/09/16 15:47:30 (permalink)
    The settings are stored on to the mouse. Unleash is not require for custom lighting effects for the keyboards. 

Crimtide
    Re: X20 issues, switching profiles on its own, sleep timer changing back to 1 minute 2021/09/18 21:37:21 (permalink)
    EVGA_James
    The settings are stored on to the mouse. Unleash is not require for custom lighting effects for the keyboards. 

Well I tested for 2 days, gaming, working, etc.. on my computer for 14+ hours per day..   

With the software open, all of these problems take place.  I get major input lag.  Typing in any window lags. Mouse cursor will freeze and then come back about 5 seconds later. 

With the software closed (not minimized), everything works perfectly fine.
    Channel_4
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 107
    Re: X20 issues, switching profiles on its own, sleep timer changing back to 1 minute 2021/09/19 18:03:32 (permalink)
    I have a logitech mouse, and they break their software every damn week.
    EVGA_James
    EVGA Product Manager
    Re: X20 issues, switching profiles on its own, sleep timer changing back to 1 minute 2021/09/21 13:23:06 (permalink)
    I may suggest to uninstall unleash and delete the Unleash folder from your appdata folder and reinstall to see if the issue persists. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile