343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet

Author
rjohnson11
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 102300
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 84
2021/09/16 00:16:41 (permalink)
343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet | OC3D News (overclock3d.net)

Thanks to Nvidia's Geforce Now game streaming service, a list of unannounced PC games was leaked online. This list contained titles like Halo 5: Guardians, Half-Life 2 Remastered, and God of War. Nvidia has since confirmed that their list of leaked games contained "speculative" titles, denying allegations that their list of PC games acts as official announcements or reveals for any future PC titles. 343 Industries Community Director Brian Jarrard, quickly responded to these rumours by confirming that there are currently "no plans" to release a PC version of Halo 5: Guardians. Currently, 343 Industries' focus is on Halo Infinite and the Master Chief Collection. 

Jarrard also stated that "we (343 Industries) know there's some demand for it" and that the studio will "never say never" regarding a potential PC release of Halo 5: Guardians. That said, Jarrard made it clear that there is "nothing underway currently". 

If Halo 5: Guardians ever comes to PC, it will be launched after Halo Infinite. Until then, PC gamers will have to make do with the PC version of Halo 5: Forge, which is currently available on the Microsoft Store. 

Currently, Halo 5 is the only main series Halo game that lacks an official PC release. This means that PC gamers currently cannot experience the entire Halo franchise, and as it stands, it looks like the game will not be coming to the platform anytime soon. 

Not bringing the game into the PC gaming arena is a poor financial decision in my opinion.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X,  Corsair Mp700 Pro M.2, 64GB Corsair Dominator Titanium DDR5  X670E Steel Legend, MSI RTX 4090 Associate Code: H5U80QBH6BH0AXF. I am NOT an employee of EVGA

8 Replies Related Threads

16golfr
    • Total Posts : 3
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: 343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet 2021/09/16 06:37:58 (permalink)
    "we (343 Industries) know there's some demand for it"

There has been demand since.. it got released.....

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: 343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet 2021/09/16 08:03:48 (permalink)
    I wonder if we will eventually see a Master Chief Collection 2. The other thing I have noticed is they didn’t upgrade the game for the Xbox Series X which if they brought it to the PC seems like something to do before a PC release by a few months to help promote the new console.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

16golfr
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re: 343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet 2021/09/16 08:13:43 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I wonder if we will eventually see a Master Chief Collection 2. The other thing I have noticed is they didn’t upgrade the game for the Xbox Series X which if they brought it to the PC seems like something to do before a PC release by a few months to help promote the new console.

Hopefully, how about all the gears of war :(

At least going forward, any future xbox 1st party game will be coming to PC 

Now I just want that for sonys older titles lol
    donta1979
    Primarch
    • Total Posts : 15886
    • Ribbons : 72
    Re: 343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet 2021/09/18 07:26:06 (permalink)
    I just wish the last halo was on the MCC... The next halo will be delayed on PC yes this is due to trying to get it to run at acceptable performance levels on the new Xbox. That comes at priority. Since the new consoles were already dated on their release with these console companies making claims they really cannot fully deliver on well its going to take a lot of developer wizardry to get their signature game to work on their console as advertised. So really no surprise there.

Heatware   

Retired from AAA Game Industry
    Jeep Wranglers, English Bulldog Rescue
    USAF, USANG, US ARMY Combat Veteran
    My Build
    Intel Core I9 13900K@6.1ghz, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 ARGB, 32gb G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 7200mhz CL34 DDR5, ASUS Rog Strix Z790-E, ASUS Rog Strix OC 4090, ASUS ROG Wingwall Graphics Card Holder, Seagate limited Edition Cyberpunk 2077 m.2, 2x Samsung 980 m.2 1TB's, 980 & 990 Pro m.2 2TB's, ASUS ROG Hyperion GR701, ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum II, Cablemod RT-Series Pro ModMesh Sleeved 12VHPWR Carbon, ASUS Rog Swift PG35VQ 35", Acer EI342CKR Pbmiippx 34", ROG Harpe Ace Aim Lab Edition mouse, Rog Claymore II keyboard, TCL home entertainment Sound Bar w/Wireless Sub, Steelseries Johnny Silverhand Headset Microsoft Cyberpunk 2077 Xbox controller
    VincentDeeper
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: 343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet 2021/09/19 02:21:32 (permalink)
    Bad new :(
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10102
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: 343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet 2021/09/19 02:39:58 (permalink)
    donta1979
    I just wish the last halo was on the MCC... The next halo will be delayed on PC yes this is due to trying to get it to run at acceptable performance levels on the new Xbox. That comes at priority. Since the new consoles were already dated on their release with these console companies making claims they really cannot fully deliver on well its going to take a lot of developer wizardry to get their signature game to work on their console as advertised. So really no surprise there.

Normally the fixed hardware of the console takes time to really learn to utilize but we really get some pretty amazing things out of it when developers do learn to push it's limits. That said a gaming PC will always blow a console out of the water but try buying a gaming PC for $499 and you realize why consoles are pretty good. I view them as the way a lot of people can enjoy a game and without them the PC experience I get wouldn't be possible as developers just wouldn't put the same funding into games without them.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

celocello
    • Total Posts : 9
    Re: 343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet 2021/09/19 05:54:33 (permalink)
    I think, he gonna put it on PC after with gamepass PC for more money. Or, he's gonna stay in xbox console exclusive and it's good point for buying one xbox series X|S console ...
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: 343 Industries confirms that Halo 5: Guardians isn't coming to PC, yet 2021/09/19 16:18:28 (permalink)

It better be on PC. Will be sad if it's not.    

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile