EVGA

Anyone else get a 3090 Kingpin with the warranty sticker on the clear plastic?

Author
ryo0hki0
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/17 16:02:59 (permalink)
Well I'm a little worried that my Kingpin wont be covered under warranty if something happens to it because the Warranty sticker that is normally on the card is located on the clear plastic you peel off the back.  Did anyone else see this or was it just me?

3 Replies Related Threads

jaredbyoung
    iCX Member
    • Total Posts : 465
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: Anyone else get a 3090 Kingpin with the warranty sticker on the clear plastic? 2021/09/17 18:00:30 (permalink)
    ryo0hki0
    Well I'm a little worried that my Kingpin wont be covered under warranty if something happens to it because the Warranty sticker that is normally on the card is located on the clear plastic you peel off the back.  Did anyone else see this or was it just me?

Those stickers have ZERO effect on your warranty. They are not legally enforceable at all.

If you're concerned contact customer support and let them know what happened. 
    arestavo
    CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
    • Total Posts : 6916
    • Ribbons : 76
    Re: Anyone else get a 3090 Kingpin with the warranty sticker on the clear plastic? 2021/09/17 18:05:32 (permalink)
    If you're talking about the serial number sticker, you do need to have that. EVGA has, in the past, said to keep it in order for any warranty work.

Contact EVGA about it - https://www.evga.com/about/contactus/ 
    the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: Anyone else get a 3090 Kingpin with the warranty sticker on the clear plastic? 2021/09/17 19:48:26 (permalink)
    jaredbyoung
    Those stickers have ZERO effect on your warranty. They are not legally enforceable at all.

If you're concerned contact customer support and let them know what happened. 

Yeah, a serial number sticker is 100% enforceable, so it’s best to never say that it isn’t.

Putting a serial sticker over a screw, or a joint that will force the sticker to be broken is not enforceable, but that’s it. EVGA doesn’t put the serial sticker over screws, they put one on the backplate and one on the PCI fingers to verify the backplate and the PCB are matching, and nothing has been swapped with devious intent.

The tamper sticker over a screw or backplate junction (from EVGA) is not a void warranty sticker. It’s just so EVGA knows if the product was disassembled.

If the serial sticker is not on the backplate, you need to save the plastic (place it in the box for safe keeping) and also contact EVGA so they can document this issue. Send them pictures so they can attach it to your account.
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile