UPS lost package RMA time frame

Author
Akariel
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/15 11:41:28 (permalink)
Hi,

I've been bugging phone support but they're not really giving good answers. My original order was considered lost Sept 2, RMA was filed and a cross shipment was made. Got that card no problem.

Customer service says they're still waiting for their UPS claim to process before refunding my collateral of nearly $1k. They say it's only been 5 business days, but September 2 was 8 or 9 ago.

My CC payment is due the 22nd. I don't want to be charged interest for something that should have been refunded by now. UPS never even received the original package.

Any ideas?

9 Replies Related Threads

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: UPS lost package RMA time frame 2021/09/15 12:11:38 (permalink)
    What do you mean UPS never received the original package? Who sent the original package that you are referring to, EVGA to you or from you to EVGA?

The claim has to go through UPS, no matter who has to do it, and I guarantee UPS doesn’t care about your interest charges.
    EVGATech_GabrielT
    EVGA Tech Support
    • Total Posts : 1104
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: UPS lost package RMA time frame 2021/09/15 12:17:19 (permalink)
    We can confirm that UPS is still currently looking into this, Please allow additional time for this to be processed fully. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this matter has caused. 
    Akariel
    Re: UPS lost package RMA time frame 2021/09/15 12:21:49 (permalink)
    Never received by UPS means what it says. I'm not sure how else to say that. Bought from EVGA directly, "sent" to me but never received by UPS. Hence the RMA.

And ya, UPS doesn't care of course lol, but either their pickup guy stole it or EVGA warehouse made a mistake. There is zero chance of it ever showing up, and therefore close to zero reason to still have not refunded the collateral. Except to satisfy their I dotting and t crossing. Meanwhile I've given EVGA over $1500 for a $470 card.

Edit: Got jumped, I will try to be patient. It's just a lot of money to me
    post edited by Akariel - 2021/09/15 12:23:22
    EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
    RMA Management
    • Total Posts : 1461
    • Ribbons : 3
    Re: UPS lost package RMA time frame 2021/09/15 15:46:00 (permalink)
    Akariel
    Hi,

I've been bugging phone support but they're not really giving good answers. My original order was considered lost Sept 2, RMA was filed and a cross shipment was made. Got that card no problem.

Customer service says they're still waiting for their UPS claim to process before refunding my collateral of nearly $1k. They say it's only been 5 business days, but September 2 was 8 or 9 ago.

My CC payment is due the 22nd. I don't want to be charged interest for something that should have been refunded by now. UPS never even received the original package.

Any ideas?

Hi There Akariel,

I just left you a voice message on your phone a moment ago to go over the status of your open case.  If you have a moment, please reach back out to me.

However I took a look in to this a bit further for you and your original package did arrive back to EVGA.  Your collateral refund will be issued back to you within 2-3 days depending on how your financial institution processes the credit.

Best Regards,

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
    Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

the_Scarlet_one
    formerly Scarlet-tech
    • Total Posts : 24581
    • Ribbons : 79
    Re: UPS lost package RMA time frame 2021/09/15 16:09:04 (permalink)
    Akariel
    Never received by UPS means what it says. I'm not sure how else to say that. Bought from EVGA directly, "sent" to me but never received by UPS. Hence the RMA.

And ya, UPS doesn't care of course lol, but either their pickup guy stole it or EVGA warehouse made a mistake. There is zero chance of it ever showing up, and therefore close to zero reason to still have not refunded the collateral. Except to satisfy their I dotting and t crossing. Meanwhile I've given EVGA over $1500 for a $470 card.

Edit: Got jumped, I will try to be patient. It's just a lot of money to me

Re-read your first post. You said “my original order” in the second sentence, had a whole conversation about customer service, when your credit card payment is due, the upcoming interest charge, and then say UPS never received the package. Just put the two together. “My original order was considered lost Sept 2, but UPS never received the package, RMA was filed and a cross shipment was made.”

You had two support personnel reply very quickly, but this is a user based forum and sometimes it takes a while for a support person to check in.

And since the package was “returned” it’s likely that UPS either didn’t scan it, or it was misplaced when they picked it up because they pick up a lot of packages at one time, and they just forgot to scan that package so it was set off to the side and forgotten about.

Akariel
    Hi,

Any ideas?
    veganfanatic
    CLASSIFIED Member
    • Total Posts : 2119
    • Ribbons : 1
    Re: UPS lost package RMA time frame 2021/09/15 17:45:24 (permalink)
    sounds like some impatience which is a virtue

Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition + Corsair AX1600i PSU
    My desktop uses the ThinkVision 31.5 inch P32p-20 Monitor.
    My sound system is the Edifier B1700BT
    Akariel
    Re: UPS lost package RMA time frame 2021/09/15 17:46:14 (permalink)
    Scarlet, take it easy. EVGA support understood just fine. Thank you for your replies.

Thanks a bunch Jason. I really appreciate your help. Our finances are tighter than we'd like and getting it sped up like this helps us a lot.
    post edited by Akariel - 2021/09/15 17:54:07
    XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: UPS lost package RMA time frame 2021/09/15 19:23:35 (permalink)
    Akariel
    Scarlet, take it easy. EVGA support understood just fine. Thank you for your replies.

Thanks a bunch Jason. I really appreciate your help. Our finances are tighter than we'd like and getting it sped up like this helps us a lot.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10103
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: UPS lost package RMA time frame 2021/09/15 20:23:20 (permalink)
    Glad it showed up fine. Possibly it was the Labor Day weekend that caused an issue as some staff might have tried to take a long weekend resulting in a package not being scanned but this is why I always make sure to insure any RMA for what it would take to replace it. Also I totally understand financial it’s hard to set out an unexpected $1000.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile