EVGA

Helpful ReplyAre There Any Potential Scams When a Buyer Requests Info For RMA?

Author
jonasjones01
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 106
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/09/10 15:52:25 (permalink)
I'm just wondering if there are any potential scams if a buyer of a card has an issue with their 3060. I have no problem providing my invoice for the RMA process if it's absolutely necessary, but I personally have never done an RMA so I don't know what all is needed. 

Thanks
Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: Are There Any Potential Scams When a Buyer Requests Info For RMA? 2021/09/10 16:13:23 (permalink)
Did you register your 3060 with EVGA?  The RMA requires an invoice uploaded unless you purchased it from EVGA (then they already have your invoice).

Here is further information:  https://www.evga.com/warranty/graphics-cards/.

Bottom line, no invoice, no RMA.

The only scamming happened with customers defrauding EVGA with the Advanced RMA program, which is why it doesn't exist anymore.

Hope this helps.

jonasjones01
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 106
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Are There Any Potential Scams When a Buyer Requests Info For RMA? 2021/09/10 18:46:31 (permalink)
Flint 1760
Did you register your 3060 with EVGA?  The RMA requires an invoice uploaded unless you purchased it from EVGA (then they already have your invoice).

The only scamming happened with customers defrauding EVGA with the Advanced RMA program, which is why it doesn't exist anymore.

Hope this helps.

No I never did register the card. I sold it sealed and the buyer (I think) registered the card. But after installation, there’s been issues with crashing soon after booting up, and only restringing the PC will it stop - but then crash again.
RainStryke
The Advocate
  • Total Posts : 15872
  • Ribbons : 60
Re: Are There Any Potential Scams When a Buyer Requests Info For RMA? 2021/09/10 18:57:44 (permalink)
jonasjones01
Flint 1760

Hope this helps.

No I never did register the card. I sold it sealed and the buyer (I think) registered the card. But after installation, there’s been issues with crashing soon after booting up, and only restringing the PC will it stop - but then crash again.

It's pretty common for power supply issues to arise with the RTX 3000 series cards, mainly the 3080 and above... but without knowing more about their PC specs, i'm not sure. Also, if the PC they installed it into was old enough, it might have spotty support for the newer GPU's.

Main PC | Secondary PC
Intel i9 10900K | Intel i7 9700K

MSI MEG Z490 ACE | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master
ASUS TUF RTX 3090 | NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super
32GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4000MHz CL18 | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266MHz CL17
SuperFlower Platinum SE 1200w | Seasonic X-1250
Samsung EVO 970 1TB and Crucial P5 1TB | Intel 760p 1TB and Crucial MX100 512GB
Cougar Vortex CF-V12HPB x9 | Cougar Vortex CF-V12SPB-RGB x5

3DMark Results:Time Spy|Port Royal

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: Are There Any Potential Scams When a Buyer Requests Info For RMA? 2021/09/11 09:03:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Cool GTX 2021/09/14 15:48:39
Since they are a second-hand owner of the card, there is no reason they need your original invoice. All they need is to provide EVGA proof that they bought the card second-hand from you. That proof is an invoice they can type up themself. I wouldn't provide them the invoice if I were you; too invasive of privacy.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

z999z3mystorys
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 4480
  • Ribbons : 23
Re: Are There Any Potential Scams When a Buyer Requests Info For RMA? 2021/09/11 20:27:43 (permalink)
this seems to be about a second hand owner asking for information they think they need in order to get a warranty option, however second hand owners have a difference in exactly what they need to provide:

• Secondhand owners
    • Secondhand owners are required to provide a proof of purchase if the product was shipped from EVGA on or after May 25th, 2018.  If the product shipped from EVGA prior to May 25th, 2018, no proof of purchase is required.
    • Secondhand owners should provide a proof of purchase showing the sale between the current owner (i.e. YOU) and previous owner (i.e. the person selling the card).  This may be as simple as a screenshot of a PayPal invoice, Venmo invoice, Amazon Payments invoice, Ebay invoice, etc.  It is understood that sometimes sales are not done online, so another means of showing the sale, even if it's made for the purpose of this proof of purchase, is acceptable. 
    • Secondhand owners should not provide the original owner's proof of purchase from an authorized reseller, or the proof of purchase between previous owners of the card.
    • If you have any questions about what type of proof of purchase is needed, please contact our Customer Service.

For the link talking about it:
https://forums.evga.com/O...anty-FAQ-m2848860.aspx

So you do not need to give them your invoice, nor do they need it, however it is a common mistake for second hand owners to think that they do. I haven't heard of second hand owner's proof of purchase ever being rejected So I don't think it's really strict or anything, something simple and fairly limited would do.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile