EVGA

Introducing the Z12 Gaming Keyboard

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
spoony81
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Introducing the Z12 Gaming Keyboard 2022/08/08 19:50:41 (permalink)
I just received the Z12 today. I downloaded the Unleash RGB software to customize the keyboard. I have a question though. Can you customize each zone to have it's own color? So far I can't find a way to do that. I selected "Static ON" and Custom Zone. I want Zone 1 to be green and Zone 3 to be red but it's not letting me do it. Am I missing something or is it just not possible to do it that way?
Thanks
mobidevjc
  • Total Posts : 1
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: Introducing the Z12 Gaming Keyboard 2022/08/27 11:57:40 (permalink)
I got this keyboard for free with a GPU purchase and it’s honestly the worst keyboard I can recall using. 

The RGB is very poor quality and can’t even approximate white for a simple backlight. Beyond that, it only has a few zones. 

i don’t care about RGB anyways, so not super important. 

However, I ran into an awful issue when using WASD keys in a game. I repeatedly ran into an issue where key presses weren’t detected. 

For example, press W, press D, release W, press A, release W, press S. After doing this repeatedly, it just won’t detect more key presses until you release all the keys. I’ve been doing this in total war games for many years on many keyboards and never seen this.

In hindsight, I should have opted to not take this garbage keyboard, even for free. Now, I have more e-waste to get rid of  

i wouldn’t recommend this keyboard, even for free.  

OTOH, the RTX 3080 12GB hybrid is a great card with superb cooling. 
post edited by mobidevjc - 2022/08/27 12:01:26
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile