DG-85 case back exhaust fan screws?

Author
xroot88
  • Total Posts : 6
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/08/27 03:08:11 (permalink)
Hi,

The manual says that "All fans are attached with Self Tapping Screws" (page 14).
This is true of the top and front fan bays; however, the back two-fans are using some screws, which are smaller and not self tapping. I do not see the screws of the appropriate length included with the case.
Does anybody have experience attaching 140mm fans as the back exhaust fans? What screws did you use or any other type of fixation?

Thank you,

3 Replies Related Threads

Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30972
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: DG-85 case back exhaust fan screws? 2021/08/27 15:11:33 (permalink)
    just use any "fan screws" you have - they "self-tap" into the plastic fan frame

you just bought a DG-85 ? ..... where did you find one ?

if your short on fan screws, 2 should be enough to hold any fan ... place diagonally on the fan, till you can get more.... every fan I've ever bought came with screws

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

xroot88
    • Total Posts : 6
    • Ribbons : 0
    Re: DG-85 case back exhaust fan screws? 2021/08/28 01:56:48 (permalink)
    Hi,
    The case is sold by B&H Photo for $199+tax.
    I found it through the PC Parts Picker website.
    I bought some 30mm screws on Amazon which look like they'd fit. I'll update when they arrive.
    The screws that came with the fan cannot be used as they are much shorter and much thicker than the holes on the back side. As I mentioned in the post, the fan screws that came with the fans work fine in the front and the top of the case, not on the back. On the back side you must use the screws that go through the fan holes and screw into the case, not the other way around.
    Cool GTX
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 30972
    • Ribbons : 122
    Re: DG-85 case back exhaust fan screws? 2021/08/28 11:19:32 (permalink)
    So, the back fans mount with a machine screw - with the threads that are in the case itself ?

only reviews I've found (with good pictures of these fans) are DG-87 & the fans appear to be factory mounted

EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review | TweakTown

Maybe there are short screws that only go through the flange that touches the back of the case & not through the entire fan ? 

Then typical fans screws could hold the screens to the fans

Learn your way around the EVGA Forums, Rules & limits on new accounts Ultimate Self-Starter Thread For New Members

I am a Volunteer Moderator - not an EVGA employee

https://foldingathome.org -->become a citizen scientist and contribute your compute power to help fight global health threats

RTX Project EVGA X99 FTWK Nibbler EVGA X99 Classified EVGA 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile