EVGA

Is there anywhere I can find a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid cooler?

Author
HoundsCamo143
  • Total Posts : 4
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/07/26 19:35:53 (permalink)
I'm assuming not due to the sheer age of the card, but I figured I'd take to the forms and look for an answer.

Also, by any chance, would a "400-HY-1978-B1" fit the card?

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies Related Threads

HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 15665
    • Ribbons : 135
    Re: Is there anywhere I can find a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid cooler? 2021/07/27 10:48:05 (permalink)
    HoundsCamo143
    I'm assuming not due to the sheer age of the card, but I figured I'd take to the forms and look for an answer.

Also, by any chance, would a "400-HY-1978-B1" fit the card?

Thanks in advance.

That will not work on a 1080 Ti. The hole spacing to mount the pump is completely different. Is your current  GPU failing or failed? There's other options for adding a AIO to the GPU.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

HoundsCamo143
    Re: Is there anywhere I can find a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid cooler? 2021/07/27 12:39:01 (permalink)
    I figured, but I was just being hopeful. My GPU is fine and has no issues I'm aware of. Though I wanted a quieter option that could cool my GPU if I decide to flash a XOC bios onto it, while still looking good. I've thought about a custom loop, though that would cost me upwards of $300-400 and I wouldn't have many water block options. I've looked into eBay and buying dead cards with the Hybrid shroud, no luck, and I've looked into the Kraken G12 which wouldn't look very good with a veridical GPU mount. Though, if you know of any Hybrid options that possibly have a shroud, let me know.

I know all of that sounds nitpicky, but I'd like to look at my case and see something pretty.

Thanks again.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Is there anywhere I can find a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid cooler? 2021/07/27 21:05:21 (permalink)
    HoundsCamo143
    I figured, but I was just being hopeful. My GPU is fine and has no issues I'm aware of. Though I wanted a quieter option that could cool my GPU if I decide to flash a XOC bios onto it, while still looking good. I've thought about a custom loop, though that would cost me upwards of $300-400 and I wouldn't have many water block options. I've looked into eBay and buying dead cards with the Hybrid shroud, no luck, and I've looked into the Kraken G12 which wouldn't look very good with a veridical GPU mount. Though, if you know of any Hybrid options that possibly have a shroud, let me know.

I know all of that sounds nitpicky, but I'd like to look at my case and see something pretty.

Thanks again.

Frankly, you'd be wasting your time using the XOC BIOS. You're better off using the voltage curve to find your ideal clock versus voltage. 2050mhz at 1.043 is my GPU sweet spot. Yours may vary. If you have the FTW Hybrid, replace the stock fans with a couple of Scythe GT -13s. Run them anywhere from 90-100% push/pull off a motherboard header and you'll never hear them and drop a least 5C on your temps unless you're feeding it with warm case air from a CPU air cooler.  You also gain back the  5 watts +12v or so the fan uses.

EVGA X99 FTWK / i7 6850K @ 4.5ghz / RTX 3080Ti FTW Ultra / 32GB Corsair LPX 3600mhz / Samsung 850Pro 256GB / Be Quiet BN516 Straight Power 12-1000w 80 Plus Platinum / Window 10 Pro

Hoggle
    EVGA Forum Moderator
    • Total Posts : 10101
    • Ribbons : 4
    Re: Is there anywhere I can find a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid cooler? 2021/07/27 21:22:59 (permalink)
    I kind of would wonder about the life span of the hybrid coolers as they will have some evaporation over time even in the closed system. The EVGA coolers are built very well but if a card was used in a mining rig with the pump working hard it could evaporate more then just gaming. So I am kind of thinking if you found one on eBay it could have the evaporation from mining that a gamer would see in a decade of use which could matter.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

HoundsCamo143
    Re: Is there anywhere I can find a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid cooler? 2021/08/01 14:16:50 (permalink)
    Hoggle
    I kind of would wonder about the life span of the hybrid coolers as they will have some evaporation over time even in the closed system. The EVGA coolers are built very well but if a card was used in a mining rig with the pump working hard it could evaporate more then just gaming. So I am kind of thinking if you found one on eBay it could have the evaporation from mining that a gamer would see in a decade of use which could matter.

Sorry for the late response, but I'm more looking for the shroud than anything. I'm also assuming I could replace the AIO with another Asetek cooler/another aio with a similar cold plate. 

post edited by HoundsCamo143 - 2021/08/01 14:27:26
    HoundsCamo143
    Re: Is there anywhere I can find a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid cooler? 2021/08/01 14:26:07 (permalink)
    HeavyHemi
    HoundsCamo143

Thanks again.

Frankly, you'd be wasting your time using the XOC BIOS. You're better off using the voltage curve to find your ideal clock versus voltage. 2050mhz at 1.043 is my GPU sweet spot. Yours may vary. If you have the FTW Hybrid, replace the stock fans with a couple of Scythe GT -13s. Run them anywhere from 90-100% push/pull off a motherboard header and you'll never hear them and drop a least 5C on your temps unless you're feeding it with warm case air from a CPU air cooler.  You also gain back the  5 watts +12v or so the fan uses.

How so? The XOC vbios raises the max voltage to 1025mv, while also unlocking the max wattage. Which I'm assuming will give a decent performance gain without having to physically mod the card. However, I can't check the performance difference until my new psu comes in as I've had tripping issues. Though if I end up using the vbios, I'll post the results in this thread.
    HeavyHemi
    Insert Custom Title Here
    Re: Is there anywhere I can find a 1080Ti FTW3 Hybrid cooler? 2021/08/02 21:05:11 (permalink)
    HoundsCamo143
    HeavyHemi
    HoundsCamo143

Thanks again.

How so? The XOC vbios raises the max voltage to 1025mv, while also unlocking the max wattage. Which I'm assuming will give a decent performance gain without having to physically mod the card. However, I can't check the performance difference until my new psu comes in as I've had tripping issues. Though if I end up using the vbios, I'll post the results in this thread.

I know what the BIOS does. I've actually used it and various other... started the first BIOS modding guide for Kepler back when we could still modify them, and unless you're going to use sub-ambient cooling and voltmod the GPU you're wasting your time.  The most important thing you can do, is lower your temps, and lower the voltage with the cooling solution you are using. I under volt to 1.043v and run stable all day at a solid 2050mhz without dropping clocks for either temp or power.

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile