EVGA

EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card

Page: << < ..46 Showing page 46 of 46
Author
jayman20
  • Total Posts : 3
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/29 21:29:21 (permalink)
Ravena
jayman20
flg2010
So they are replacing the 3090s with v1.0 cards ?? If they blow up

No :(  I just got my RMA back late last week and it was another 0.1 card.. Worked over the weekend and now this card is starting with the black screens (while PC stays running in the background) and completely black screen with fans ramping to 100%..   I haven't even gotten the heavy duty games loaded in yet, just D2 at about 40% GPU usage.  

I think I have it isolated to the card pretty well too..  Have two complete systems and another 3090 to test with, that all work fine otherwise.  Looks like another $25 in shipping and 2 week wait in my future.

I had to request a 1.0 rev and they approved that request it since I am on my second RMA now after having 2 0.1's go poof. only issue is that they are waiting on stock to come in :(
I wanted to cross ship but looking like supply issues going to hinder that plan if they don't get in a shipment on Monday/Tuesday next week.

hoping they get more cards in and slowly replace 0.1 cards with 1.0 cause 0.1 power delivery and what not is just bad. hopefully your next RMA works out.

Well, I'm sad to report I just got my THIRD card back, and it was not only another 0.1 card but this time one of the ugly ass red lips one.. So this is officially older than the original card I bought originally... I tried to request a 1.0 card since it was my 2nd dead 0.1 and they said they had no way to guarantee that & there isnt a significant difference anyway when I called (likely placating) 

Upside is the card is working... for now.. but I cant help to feel a bit ripped off.  Gloves off now though, I'm playing New World without any special adjustments.. If it dies, it goes back again and I'm selling the NIB one to go with another brand (for the first time in 20 years) 

Wishing you all better luck~ 
flg2010
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 316
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/10/30 09:28:49 (permalink)
jayman20
Ravena
jayman20
flg2010
So they are replacing the 3090s with v1.0 cards ?? If they blow up

No :(  I just got my RMA back late last week and it was another 0.1 card.. Worked over the weekend and now this card is starting with the black screens (while PC stays running in the background) and completely black screen with fans ramping to 100%..   I haven't even gotten the heavy duty games loaded in yet, just D2 at about 40% GPU usage.  

I think I have it isolated to the card pretty well too..  Have two complete systems and another 3090 to test with, that all work fine otherwise.  Looks like another $25 in shipping and 2 week wait in my future.

I had to request a 1.0 rev and they approved that request it since I am on my second RMA now after having 2 0.1's go poof. only issue is that they are waiting on stock to come in :(
I wanted to cross ship but looking like supply issues going to hinder that plan if they don't get in a shipment on Monday/Tuesday next week.

hoping they get more cards in and slowly replace 0.1 cards with 1.0 cause 0.1 power delivery and what not is just bad. hopefully your next RMA works out.

Well, I'm sad to report I just got my THIRD card back, and it was not only another 0.1 card but this time one of the ugly ass red lips one.. So this is officially older than the original card I bought originally... I tried to request a 1.0 card since it was my 2nd dead 0.1 and they said they had no way to guarantee that & there isnt a significant difference anyway when I called (likely placating) 

Upside is the card is working... for now.. but I cant help to feel a bit ripped off.  Gloves off now though, I'm playing New World without any special adjustments.. If it dies, it goes back again and I'm selling the NIB one to go with another brand (for the first time in 20 years) 

Wishing you all better luck~ 

Yup same here...  at this point I am going to ditch NVIDIA for the next round of tech upgrades

---Main Rig Build ---
CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, CPU Cooler: NZXT X73 360, GPU: EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra, MB: ASUS CH VIII Formula, RAM: 64GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3600, Storage:  2TB Adata M.2, 2TB WD SSD, 500GB WD SSD, Case:  Thermaltake ARGB View51
GARMFIELD
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 03:50:35 (permalink)
Got my RMA in after waiting almost a month for it to go through the motions. Black lips, 0.1rev.

So from what I can tell, 0.1 is gonna inevitably die if I play one of the problem games? Disappointed to say the least. Wonder if this time they'll allow me to advance replace it without collateral, cos I saw someone on Reddit say they called and got one shipped without collateral the day after I sent mine out, which sort of added insult to injury.
Kyranar
  • Total Posts : 15
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 05:43:43 (permalink)
They offered to ship out an advanced replacement without collateral to me as well when I raised my RMA in August. 
And after days of not hearing anything I contacted them and got told "Sorry, that offer is just valid for the US. Pay up". 

On a sidenote: 
Be very careful with their EAR programme at the moment as it seems they added a sneaky little change on the website sometime since I did mine. 

On the EVGA website you can read: 
"Upon receipt of your replacement, you will have 30 days to return your original product." (https://eu.evga.com/support/ear/)
and:
"In order to receive a full refund of your collateral, your original product MUST be received by EVGA within 14 days from the date EVGA shipped the replacement to your address. For the avoidance of doubt, the 14 days begins on the day the replacement is shipped by EVGA, not the day you receive the replacement."
(https://eu.evga.com/warranty/rmaprocess/)

GARMFIELD
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 08:23:02 (permalink)
Eesh, that's horrible, I don't think I could stand another month without any GPU. Really getting shafted in the UK, and this is the first time I've had an EVGA card too. Can't say I'm particularly wowed by them sending out replacement cards with the exact same issues and having the consumer foot the bill.
cneuhauser
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
  • Ribbons : 5
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 12:42:51 (permalink)
drewski989
First Amazon does not sell anything but scalped cards, now their game is killing cards.  I wish Bezos stayed in space.

Ya mean... YOU DIDN'T SIGN THE PETITION... to leave him in space? I did (you think I'm joking).

Entho Evolv Anthracite Grey
ASUS ROG E-Gaming X299
i7 9800x 4.8ghz on water (Cuplex Vision block) 
EVGA RTX 2080 XC Ultra / Water / EK Block
GSkill Trident Z - 32gig
2x Samsung 1TB SSD Evo
Intel SSD 730 Series 240GB 
Windows 10 Ultimate  
EVGA 1600 SuperNova T2 
Samsung G7 Faker 32" 240hz monitor
Asus ROG Swift PG329Q 175hz monitor
SteelSeries Arctis Pro+DAC
B&W 801s, Driven by Sumo Amp via DAC
AnythingButTangerines
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 12:57:20 (permalink)
Old FW version too on the replacement with no rebar support? How old is this 0.1 I got :/
post edited by AnythingButTangerines - 2021/11/02 12:58:56
Endspire
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 15:31:39 (permalink)
Piggy backing off this thread to say I’ve attempted to start the RMA process. My 3090 also went up in smoke playing New World.

Unfortunately I bought and installed the hybrid kit from EVGA and they’re telling me I have to revert the card to its original manufacturer configuration with all the original hardware, thermal pads, and heatsink…

I told them I didn’t even care about the radiator or anything but they said no and told me they’d send me whatever hardware and thermal pads I needed.

I would have never installed the hybrid kit if I knew it would doubly screw me over.
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21171
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 17:35:23 (permalink)
Endspire
Unfortunately I bought and installed the hybrid kit from EVGA and they’re telling me I have to revert the card to its original manufacturer configuration with all the original hardware, thermal pads, and heatsink…

Correct. Per the terms of the warranty.
I would have never installed the hybrid kit if I knew it would doubly screw me over.

What's the problem? It's too much work?

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Flint 1760
Omnipotent Enthusiast
  • Total Posts : 8295
  • Ribbons : 45
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 17:44:07 (permalink)
EVGA has always been specific in their warranty that the product must be return in the same configuration as they sold it to the consumer.

That is why, as an example, if you use a third party water block, you carefully remove everything, including thermal pads (they will sell you these BTW if you destroy them by removal).  I then carefully wrap and box everything and put it away.

There have been a few posts where people have sold their shrouds and fans on an air cooled card or bought a hybrid card, water blocked it, and sold the hybrid parts.  These cards basically have no warranty unless they can get the parts to return them to stock.

Endspire
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 18:03:15 (permalink)
Just seems following the warranty to the letter is a tough ask when the fault lies with the manufacturer. They’re passing the labor off to the consumer for a unit they’re going to refurbish and flip. The more I do, the less they have to do.

You’re delusional if you think they’re going to eat the full cost of the unit.

No, it’s not too much work, but it IS greed shrouded in charity.

Edit: I already regret using the word “greed”. If it were greed they would be happy to take the AIO cooler and resell it as well. Although it was kind of them to offer to send me the necessary hardware, why wouldn’t they just accept it the condition it is in currently? They could verify non-functionality either way.
post edited by Endspire - 2021/11/02 18:37:04
Fayalite
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 253
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 19:44:22 (permalink)
I think you are not happy with the process which I can understand, but they sell you 1 product, and for the purpose of the warranty they don't want to be liable from damaging your other product (which they provide no warranty on). Sure 1 might argue, but they are selling the hybrid kit, same reason, if they damage the hybrid kit, they will have to replace it as well.

I believe it is a pain, but we are living in a society with profiteering, some are doing advanced RMA for instance when they already scalped it, and are getting at the MSRP another one to scalp... Reason for the high deposit for advanced RMA.

They also need to protect themselves, which is a pain for those who play by the book.

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/02 20:19:22 (permalink)
Endspire
Just seems following the warranty to the letter is a tough ask when the fault lies with the manufacturer. They’re passing the labor off to the consumer for a unit they’re going to refurbish and flip. The more I do, the less they have to do.

You’re delusional if you think they’re going to eat the full cost of the unit.

No, it’s not too much work, but it IS greed shrouded in charity.

Edit: I already regret using the word “greed”. If it were greed they would be happy to take the AIO cooler and resell it as well. Although it was kind of them to offer to send me the necessary hardware, why wouldn’t they just accept it the condition it is in currently? They could verify non-functionality either way.

It's not delusion.  It is not greed.  It's just the way it is.  It is the way it has always been.  It is cut and dry.  A specific and established requirement.  Something set in stone.  No funny business.  No exceptions.  No ways for anyone to try to game the system.  If you buy "A", you have to RMA "A".  No modifying, exchanging, or upgrading or downgrading the product that is returned to EVGA.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

jdaline
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/04 18:30:45 (permalink)
Endspire
Piggy backing off this thread to say I’ve attempted to start the RMA process. My 3090 also went up in smoke playing New World.

I told them I didn’t even care about the radiator or anything but they said no and told me they’d send me whatever hardware and thermal pads I needed.

Yeah, to be completely fair to EVGA, even as an owner of a bricked 3090 waiting for a replacement myself, what they're asking of you is extremely good by industry standards. IIRC they did spell this process out in some of the older threads about after market coolers or replacing the thermal pads and that it wouldn't void your warranty, so some extra leg work if they are willing to help you honor it is pretty unusual if you've made aftermarket changes.

To put it into context, I RMA'ed a ~$1500 monitor from Asus which suffered a power failure out of the blue and they attempted to void my warranty because of a literal smudge they put on the monitor themselves despite me taking photographs of the entire thing from all angles as I packed it into the shipping box which was reinforced with MDF (Medium-density fiberboard) panels around the back and screen. I had to literally deep dive on the Asus subreddit to get the contact info for the NA QA director explaining why this was a bogus denial of warranty (with proof in the photos as I had another phone showing the shipping date) before I could actually get them to even respond to the photos I took and honor it and replace the monitor which legitimately failed. I'll never buy another product from Asus after that fiasco again. I've only done one other RMA with EVGA before this experience though and both of them have worked like you think they should work, so despite frustrations they are handling the situation better than most companies this has affected.
ZoranC
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1099
  • Ribbons : 16
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/04 18:45:34 (permalink)
jdaline
Endspire

Yeah, to be completely fair to EVGA, even as an owner of a bricked 3090 waiting for a replacement myself, what they're asking of you is extremely good by industry standards. IIRC they did spell this process out in some of the older threads about after market coolers or replacing the thermal pads and that it wouldn't void your warranty, so some extra leg work if they are willing to help you honor it is pretty unusual if you've made aftermarket changes.

To put it into context, I RMA'ed a ~$1500 monitor from Asus which suffered a power failure out of the blue and they attempted to void my warranty because of a literal smudge they put on the monitor themselves despite me taking photographs of the entire thing from all angles as I packed it into the shipping box which was reinforced with MDF (Medium-density fiberboard) panels around the back and screen. I had to literally deep dive on the Asus subreddit to get the contact info for the NA QA director explaining why this was a bogus denial of warranty (with proof in the photos as I had another phone showing the shipping date) before I could actually get them to even respond to the photos I took and honor it and replace the monitor which legitimately failed. I'll never buy another product from Asus after that fiasco again. I've only done one other RMA with EVGA before this experience though and both of them have worked like you think they should work, so despite frustrations they are handling the situation better than most companies this has affected.

Yes and no. While it is absolutely great that EVGA will accept RMA for item that has been modified with aftermarket part as long as item has been put back in original condition there is, IMHO, absolutely no need nor sense to insist on that if modification has been done with EVGA's own part, like EVGA hybrid kit on EVGA card. In that case it should be sufficient to ship it in modified condition as long as all parts from item and a kit are shipped back.

And if you think EVGA's RMA is perfect I believe that EVGA, while doing better than others, still has room to do much better. I have received replacement items that were in the condition EVGA wouldn't, I believe, accept if they were shipped like that from me to them.
jdaline
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/05 09:23:46 (permalink)
ZoranC

Yes and no. While it is absolutely great that EVGA will accept RMA for item that has been modified with aftermarket part as long as item has been put back in original condition there is, IMHO, absolutely no need nor sense to insist on that if modification has been done with EVGA's own part, like EVGA hybrid kit on EVGA card. In that case it should be sufficient to ship it in modified condition as long as all parts from item and a kit are shipped back.

And if you think EVGA's RMA is perfect I believe that EVGA, while doing better than others, still has room to do much better. I have received replacement items that were in the condition EVGA wouldn't, I believe, accept if they were shipped like that from me to them.

Good points, I misread the line as a "hybrid kit for EVGA", rather than "from EVGA." If it's from them then yeah it's pretty annoying to be asked to revert something that extensive when it's all from the same manufacturer especially in light of the known defects.
xtremegamer
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 427
Flagged as Spam (2)
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/08 10:53:10 (permalink)
CAN 3080 TI FTW 3 PLAY GAME ? 

12G-P5-3967-KR 6/3/2021 8:01:42 AM PT No
12G-P5-3958-KR 6/3/2021 9:47:16 AM PT No

Use My Associate Code To Get 3% Off Your Graphics Card  Purchase: 07N4WZTXMI5NA26

sethleigh
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 796
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2021/11/08 13:50:56 (permalink)
xtremegamer
CAN 3080 TI FTW 3 PLAY GAME ? 

I've been playing New World on my EVGA 3080ti FTW3 for two or three weeks now. So far so good.
Out of an abundance of caution I did apply a 117fps framerate cap at the NVidia driver level, with GSYNC and VSYNC on. My monitor refreshes up to 120hz, so with the occasional overshoot of the framerate cap by 1-2fps that essentially maxes out what I can see.

In New World I see in the 80s fps in towns with other people around, and 117-118fps locked in hard pretty much everywhere else. Before applying the framerate cap I'd often see very high framerates of up to into the 200s in certain places, like standing atop a cliff looking out over some water towards land that was blurred and beyond the rendering range. In territory where I would otherwise be capped out at 117fps I've seen it drop as low as the 60s if a ton of fighting is going on, like 15 people fighting a lvl 65 corruption portal with several mobs, lots of AE effects going on, etc.

My 3080ti is still running on air cooling while I wait for my water block to arrive, and I've been playing either with no OC or with a very gentle OC (+200vram +105gpu). I won't try playing New World with anything more than that until my water block arrives.

Happy EVGA customer.  Affiliate Code: 0Y7-1VU-ATW2

GigaByte X570 Aorus Master, AMD Ryzen 5900x under Optimus Foundation block, 32gb G.Skill DDR4 @ 3800 MHz 14-14-14-28, EVGA 3080ti FTW3 Ultra under Optimus block, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, EVGA Supernova G6 850W PS, ASUS 34" 3440x1440p 120Hz ultrawide, Lenovo 24" 1080p secondary monitor, Win 10

RockstarX74
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/14 22:35:06 (permalink)
I just recently purchased New World, and it didn't take 2 days of playing it before my 3070 Ti FTW3 Ultra started acting up while playing it. the game froze, the screen went black, and then my monitor powered down. The only way to get out of it was hard booting my PC. It did this a couple times before I stopped playing New World.  A Google search on the issue revealed the past issue with New World during the beta.  I followed the instructions on capping the frame rates to 60fps and it was ok for a bit.  The issue came back in short fashion though. Now it's not just in "New World" anymore. It happens when I'm watching Netflix and in other games like E.V.E. Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I never had any issues until I played New World. Now the only thing I can do, without it happening again, is surf the web. I have no doubt I got a lemon card! New World just revealed that to me. I'm putting in an RMA for it. I still have 760 days left on my warranty.
squall-leonhart
CLASSIFIED Member
  • Total Posts : 2904
  • Ribbons : 24
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/14 22:38:56 (permalink)
the 3070 Ti is not, and has never been affected by this issue, if you got a dud card the standard RMA procedure applies.

CPU:Intel Xeon x5690 @ 4.2Ghz, Mainboard:Asus Rampage III Extreme, Memory:48GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600
Video:EVGA Geforce GTX 1080 Founders Edition, NVidia Geforce GTX 1060 Founders Edition
Monitor:BenQ G2400WD, BenQ BL2211, Sound:Creative XFI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
SDD:Crucial MX300 275, Crucial MX300 525, Crucial MX300 1000
HDD:500GB Spinpoint F3, 1TB WD Black, 2TB WD Red, 1TB WD Black
Case:NZXT Phantom 820, PSU:Seasonic X-850, OS:Windows 7 SP1
Cooler: ThermalRight Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme
RockstarX74
  • Total Posts : 11
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/14 23:34:16 (permalink)
squall-leonhart
the 3070 Ti is not, and has never been affected by this issue, if you got a dud card the standard RMA procedure applies.
Yes, I'm fully aware that there was no record of the 3070 Ti being affected by New World!  Now there is, but I'm leaning towards the issue being as I said: "...I got a lemon card. New World just revealed that to me." I already started a Standard RMA and I'm just waiting for a Support Ticket Number, which is required!  Yeah, I know, I did things backwards! I really need to get this card replaced. I paid over 2K for this card and it's not much better than using the graphics from my i9-12900K; which I will be doing when I send the card off to EVGA.

Yeh Ximin
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/15 20:10:13 (permalink)
RockstarX74
I just recently purchased New World, and it didn't take 2 days of playing it before my 3070 Ti FTW3 Ultra started acting up while playing it. the game froze, the screen went black, and then my monitor powered down. The only way to get out of it was hard booting my PC. It did this a couple times before I stopped playing New World.  A Google search on the issue revealed the past issue with New World during the beta.  I followed the instructions on capping the frame rates to 60fps and it was ok for a bit.  The issue came back in short fashion though. Now it's not just in "New World" anymore. It happens when I'm watching Netflix and in other games like E.V.E. Online and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I never had any issues until I played New World. Now the only thing I can do, without it happening again, is surf the web. I have no doubt I got a lemon card! New World just revealed that to me. I'm putting in an RMA for it. I still have 760 days left on my warranty.

lol "Lemon Card"? thats just the tip of the iceberg ... anyway congrats and enjoy your unending RMA hell with EVGA, thats what EVGA is known for, you need to pay for the RMA ship-to fees, enjoy the unending RMA loop ( 3-4 RMA ), enjoy the retarded RMA packaging rules and last, enjoy the supply of "Q.C" ("Quality Checked") defective GPUs XD
I gave up on my 2nd RMA and refused to pay for the 3rd RMA, bought a MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, problem solved

New World killed my rev0.1 EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA in just 2x weeks, then they gave me a rev1.0 "Q.C" replacement that died in 3 months. At that point I have no intention of wasting anymore of my time and money on this scummy company's RMA, their support sucks too, nothing but lies

EVGA is the one of the worst companies out there, most of their products are defective, dont buy anything from this scummy brand, especially their PSU and GPU, they both suck bad, and dont believe anything the pathetic EVGA shills say, EVGA only got a trust rating score of 2.4 ( https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.evga.com ) see for yourself, what they make their customers go through is just disgusting and unacceptable

post edited by Yeh Ximin - 2023/01/15 20:23:00
Hoggle
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 10101
  • Ribbons : 4
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/16 01:42:46 (permalink)
Yeh Ximin
RockstarX74

lol "Lemon Card"? thats just the tip of the iceberg ... anyway congrats and enjoy your unending RMA hell with EVGA, thats what EVGA is known for, you need to pay for the RMA ship-to fees, enjoy the unending RMA loop ( 3-4 RMA ), enjoy the retarded RMA packaging rules and last, enjoy the supply of "Q.C" ("Quality Checked") defective GPUs XD
I gave up on my 2nd RMA and refused to pay for the 3rd RMA, bought a MSI RTX 4090 SUPRIM X, problem solved

New World killed my rev0.1 EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA in just 2x weeks, then they gave me a rev1.0 "Q.C" replacement that died in 3 months. At that point I have no intention of wasting anymore of my time and money on this scummy company's RMA, their support sucks too, nothing but lies

EVGA is the one of the worst companies out there, most of their products are defective, dont buy anything from this scummy brand, especially their PSU and GPU, they both suck bad, and dont believe anything the pathetic EVGA shills say, EVGA only got a trust rating score of 2.4 ( https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.evga.com ) see for yourself, what they make their customers go through is just disgusting and unacceptable

I hope you luck with any RMA to MSI where you don’t think they will ask the card to be securely packaged.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 5% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the associates banner to save, or enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase. If you choose to use my code I want to personally say "Thank You" for using it. 

Yeh Ximin
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/16 02:27:55 (permalink)

I hope you luck with any RMA to MSI where you don’t think they will ask the card to be securely packaged.

Well at least I do not have to pack it myself with MSI, I just need to send it to the retailer, they will handle the rest, also I do not have to pay any money for the RMA ship-to fee,

Unlike scummy EVGA that forced me to pay ship-to fee every single time + shipped me "Q.C" ( Quality Checked ) defective GPUs replacements that dies in 2-3 month ( Should consider myself "lucky" some got "Dead on Arrival" gpu replacements or faulty ones that die in matter of days )

If it is just only me having horrible RMA experience, I can accept it, but it is clearly NOT the case here, and it is not just GPU, their other products are defective & suck as well,

Most of the time the money spent on RMAs alone is more than enough to just buy another new product ( yea, EVGA your extended warranty SUCKS too, what is the point of a longer warranty period when your products are subpar rubbish and breaks so easily? lol )

Many already gave up and left the forum, because they cannot resolve their RMA issues here

Good thing EVGA is dead and forgotten now, nobody needs them around anymore when we got other far better brands like MSI, ASUS etc

post edited by Yeh Ximin - 2023/01/16 02:52:35
arestavo
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6916
  • Ribbons : 76
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/16 11:12:24 (permalink)
Yeh Ximin

Well at least I do not have to pack it myself with MSI, I just need to send it to the retailer, they will handle the rest, also I do not have to pay any money for the RMA ship-to fee,

Unlike scummy EVGA that forced me to pay ship-to fee every single time + shipped me "Q.C" ( Quality Checked ) defective GPUs replacements that dies in 2-3 month ( Should consider myself "lucky" some got "Dead on Arrival" gpu replacements or faulty ones that die in matter of days )

If it is just only me having horrible RMA experience, I can accept it, but it is clearly NOT the case here, and it is not just GPU, their other products are defective & suck as well,

Most of the time the money spent on RMAs alone is more than enough to just buy another new product ( yea, EVGA your extended warranty SUCKS too, what is the point of a longer warranty period when your products are subpar rubbish and breaks so easily? lol )

Many already gave up and left the forum, because they cannot resolve their RMA issues here

Good thing EVGA is dead and forgotten now, nobody needs them around anymore when we got other far better brands like MSI, ASUS etc

Ah, so you don't live in the US. That explains it - non-US EVGA service isn't the same from what I've heard. As in, it can be bad. Good thing I live in the US and received the absolute best customer service of any company that I every had to deal with every time I had to RMA (be it a 3090 with a broken HDMI port, or my old X79 motherboard (three times!) where it just turned out that I needed to plug in the PCIE supplemental power even with the same add-in cards that had been working fine previously). I appreciate being taken care of if I had to RMA the same product more than once and EVGA provided me a prepaid label upon my asking nicely.

Beats the heck out the the RMA experience with Gigabyte and a 980 Ti. I had to pay to ship the card to them twice, because the first RMA came back with the same problem (excessive coil while) AND no TIM on the GPU die so that it instantly overheated under any load. With EVGA and my 3090 with a broken HDMI, I have a 10 year warranty with a cross ship option - got the new card, tested to make sure that it worked, then shipped the bad one out in the same box with a provided pre-paid label (part of the advanced RMA with cross ship option). Other companies would have simply told me to pound sand because the HDMI connector traces were messed up - EVGA let me pay $30 to fix it and I got a replacement card in a few days.
post edited by arestavo - 2023/01/16 11:16:49
Methodical2
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 562
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/27 05:44:21 (permalink)
Does this affect any other 30 series cards?

"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"

BlackE
Case:  Caselab Magnum STH10
MB:  Asus X670E Hero
CPU:  Ryzen 9 7950x (EK-Quantum Vector²)
GPU:  Asus 4090 TUF OC (EK-Quantum Vector²)
Memory:  G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5 (6000 @64gb)
Storage:  WD M.2 NVMe 2TB (OS), 2x4TB (Photography), 1TB (Games)
Fan Controllers: Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT & Octo
PSU:  EVGA 1200 P2
Monitor:  LG 48" UltraGear OLED 4k

ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/27 05:49:13 (permalink)
Methodical2
Does this affect any other 30 series cards?

It affects cards with a high power limit and the lowest-grade VRM approved by NVIDIA. In other words, Rev 0.1 EVGA 3090 FTW3s are the primary target of this problem.

Any card could fail at any time for any reason, but I wouldn't be too concerned if you don't have a Rev 0.1 3090 FTW3.

Yeh Ximin
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/27 07:30:54 (permalink)
LOL their Rev 1.0 does not even last 2-3 months, even worse than their Rev 0.1 RTX3090 which worked fined for 6-7 month, until New World killed it, EVGA is a joke
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/27 07:58:33 (permalink)
Yeh Ximin
LOL their Rev 1.0 does not even last 2-3 months, even worse than their Rev 0.1 RTX3090 which worked fined for 6-7 month, until New World killed it, EVGA is a joke

Funny, I've had this rev 1 card since release day, played New World, OC'd, played hours upon hours of games with it, folded some with it

and it's still going strong. Your anecdotal evidence isn't true data. Just your bias.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

Yeh Ximin
Re: EVGA 3090 owners - do NOT play New World game right now as it might kill the card 2023/01/27 08:09:01 (permalink)
transdogmifier
Yeh Ximin

Funny, I've had this rev 1 card since release day, played New World, OC'd, played hours upon hours of games with it, folded some with it

and it's still going strong. Your anecdotal evidence isn't true data. Just your bias.

lol then explain all the horrible 3-4 RMA so many of us had to go through with EVGA here XD? bet you cant even answer that

but guess that is a thing of the past, EVGA is ded, rtx 4000 series lauched and proven that EVGA is expendable, others already taken its place

Page: << < ..46 Showing page 46 of 46
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile