EVGA

Flow Control RGB ALWAYS BREAKS!

Author
dylanear
  • Total Posts : 23
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/07/15 23:34:14 (permalink)
I am used to EVGA software being horrible. But this is another level of infuriating! I am SO close to ripping my EVGA CLC out and buying an Arctic simply because the RGB control ALWAYS BREAKS. Third Windows install second PC and my CLC always ends up stuck white before long. If it would just get stuck off I wouldn't even care!!!! But if it's always going to end up not matching my RGB and Flow Control stops working every time??. There's no color control in Flow Control without using LED Sync and it just doesn't work. There's never any correlation between the colors on my 3080 and the CLC with Sync or not, yet LED Sync shows as on in Precision and I can't turn it off. Everything worked for about a month after the new mobo. cpu, Windows install, etc. After it being busted on my last Windows install for a long while, I was pretty happy. The new mobo is nice looking, LED is all working, so I order the glass panel for my Fractal Design case. I did notice a few days back the CLC had gone white, not my selected color and I went into Flow Control and set it back to my color. Figure it was isolated, surely it won't just break again on this fresh install. WELL... the panel comes in today, I put it on, I turn the PC on and IT'S WHITE AGAIN. AND Flow Control won't even start, it just flashes a second and exits. So I uninstall. That doesn't really work and while it doesn't start, there is a process getting started and it won't let me delete the install directories (Flow Control and LED Sync). Reboot in safe mode nuke the directories and reboot, reinstall Flow Control. Reboot, The CLC turns the right color???  UNTIL I start Flow Control to check the fan curve, it goes white again! I try to change the color, no options do anything, breathing, rainbow, static color, static off, all just give me steady white. 

WHY IS EVGA SOFTWARE SUCH A TRAVESTY!!! MAKE ONE APP TO CONTROL ALL EVGA LED PRODUCTS. AND MAKE IT ACTUALLY FUNCTION FOR F--KS SAKE. Just got an Artic Cooler for my old PC and it's fantastic. No RGB, but it cooler so good, and in this case no RGB is A HUGE STEP UP FROM RGB THAT'S ALWAYS THE WRONG COLOR. 

I was pretty excited about getting one of the two upcoming EVGA AMD X570S motherboards and finally have all EVGA!! PS, GPU, CLC and mobo! But now? I'll stick with my Asus mobo and plan to replace the EVGA CLC I guess. INFURIATING. I really doubt either EVGA AMD mobo will have Thunderbolt 4 like this Asus does, and if not it'll be pretty hard to swap to a nicer mobo, but loose that pretty useful, future proofing feature. Year after year EVGA software continues to make me want to throw my computer out of my apartment window. WHY do I put up with this??!!! 
post edited by dylanear - 2021/07/15 23:41:07

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile