EVGA

how to program Z20 and a comment

Author
davidsou
  • Total Posts : 2
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/26 20:14:04 (permalink)
searched here and found nothing on how to assign keys. Is there a manual somewhere? Can't find anything on the web either. 

I just started using this keyboard and have to say my initial impression is that I will send it back. I bought the linear model and it is pretty noisy. I keep hitting the caps button too. For whatever, the keys seem more difficult to type on than my old logitech. Keep missing keys or typing incorrect key. I think its the spacing. 

Anyway, it would be cool to figure out how to assign keys .. like for email, web browser, calculator, and a few macro settings. 

2 Replies Related Threads

mrab.123456
    • Total Posts : 12
    Re: how to program Z20 and a comment 2021/06/30 00:50:50 (permalink)
    The keyboard has a companion software! Here it is: Sorry I can't post a link, you can look for it on top of this website: Services > EVGA software > Unleash RGB (look for your keyboard's picture)

I'm not sure about a manual, but I only have limited experience with keyboard software and EVGA Unleash wasn't too hard for me to figure out.

As for the typing, I had a similar experience to yours! But I got the keyboard for a great deal (65 dollars tax included, brand new!) and it had all of the physical features I wanted (volume wheel, media keys) so I opted to just keep it. I think linear switches are just not very good for typing in general, maybe it's just me but I do prefer tactile. My model is Z15 and I bought 45 tactile switches for cheap and replaced the linear ones. They sound louder but feels a LOT better.

TBH, if you got the keyboard at full price IDK if it's a keeper. Personally I'd expect a flawless experience and solid quality for at least 5 years out of a mechanical keyboard! My last one was a Logitech G910 I bought in 2015, the only reason I replaced it was because 2 of the keys I use a lot started intermittently not clicking and double clicking. The Logitech software (LGS) is way better than EVGA Unleash though.
    post edited by mrab.123456 - 2021/06/30 00:57:43
    davidsou
    • Total Posts : 2
    Re: how to program Z20 and a comment 2021/06/30 08:19:23 (permalink)
    thanks for being up front. I've decided to return it.  My son tried it, he has a mechanical, and felt it sounded tinny, and overall not too good. I also started to have where the lights I set up kept changing, not holding what I had programmed. I'm back to my regular old Logitech K800 which is actually a decent keyboard and has the media keys and a volume control.. "I had also purchased the K17 mouse but took that off the 1st night. Didn't like it at all. 
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile