So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
demon09
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/28 13:00:26 (permalink)
rdmetz
Really bummed out that my 3080ti ftw3 ultra needs rma as its running at max 93c anytime i put a load on it and yet when I call after doing these advance rma's in the past without issue I'm told it ended 4 days ago...the day after I got my card from you. If I had just been faster and registered it BEFORE installing troubleshooting and discovering the problem I would have been able to get it.

Man my luck is just the worst....now I have "spend" $2800+ on top of the $1400+ I spent for the card just to get a properly working card in my system within a week vs what likely would be a month of cross shipment across the whole country.

I don't have it and always relied on advance rma with you guys in the past for my issues and was always diligent about sending back the rma.

I get why....but it still really screws me over.
you can still do cross ship rma they just hold the msrp on your card as collateral. They are just ending where you spent 20 bucks or so and got cross ship with no collateral on your card
rdmetz
  • Total Posts : 51
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/28 13:06:03 (permalink)
No they told me now its "double MSRP" as collateral...like I get people might want to rip them off but I've already given them $1400+ and now they want another $2800+ (not hold not "just in case" but actual charge to my card "debit") in total I'm looking at over $4000 of my actual money tied up for what will be several weeks at least.

It's that or I go card less and can't work for 2-4 weeks because I sold my buddy my 3080 when I got this card and like a real dummy gave my rx580 (backup card) to a relative when I thought this was my "end game" card.

What isn't being disclosed is that with brand new cards purchased from them and during the initial return period as a courtesy they used to provide a advance rma if your card showed up dead or what not. Now there's nothing for a card that's been JUST purchased but standard warranty rma, huge collateral cross ship, or just send back the card for a refund.

The "exchange" they offered was one of the biggest benefits I found of going with them over any one else and now its no longer a thing.

The one you used to be able to purchase would be for like say 4 months down the road the card died you could get it replaced by warranty (not return period) and they would offer you the cross ship with no collateral.

I get WHY they ended it I just hate that the timing for me is it was a thing when I bought the card and then it wasn't when I needed it a couple days later.
post edited by rdmetz - 2021/06/28 13:11:48
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/28 13:09:26 (permalink)
rdmetz
No they told me now its "double MSRP" as collateral...like I get people might want to rip them off but I've already given them $1400+ and now they want another $2800+ (not hold not "just in case" but actual charge to my card "debit") in total I'm looking at over $4000 of my actual money tied up for what will be several weeks at least.

It's that or I go card less and can't work for 2-4 weeks because I sold my buddy my 3080 when I got this card and like a real dummy gave my rx580 (backup card) to a relative when I thought this was my "end game" card.

Have you checked that the TIM is correctly applied? Or that the Heatsink is properly seated?

Of course I would get new pads before going this route ...some of my pads disintegrated when I took off the heatsink to put on the AIO.

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

rdmetz
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/28 13:14:22 (permalink)
transdogmifier
rdmetz

Have you checked that the TIM is correctly applied? Or that the Heatsink is properly seated?

Of course I would get new pads before going this route ...some of my pads disintegrated when I took off the heatsink to put on the AIO.

I don't really feel i should have to open a card the day after I get it delivered and that it should show up properly working without me having to risk voiding my warranty to "fix" it.

Yes I know you can open the cards and what not with EVGA but that's not the point I shouldn't have to and knowing my luck (like with EAR ending the day I get my card installed) something happens and then EVGA blames me and I'm SOL.
demon09
FTW Member
  • Total Posts : 1334
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/28 13:20:12 (permalink)
Whew it's double msrp now.... that is a big pill to swallow on high tier cards like the 3080ti and 3090
rdmetz
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/28 13:31:56 (permalink)
demon09
Whew it's double msrp now.... that is a big pill to swallow on high tier cards like the 3080ti and 3090

Yes its a kick in the teeth as it is at MSRP after spending MSRP already and now its a total of 3 MSRP "spent" and yes I know I get it back eventually but as someone who doesn't really believe in credit cards I don't just have an infinite balance sheet to throw it on and ignore. I've got to pull it directly from liquid funds and I'm not so flush having spent $1500 bucks in the last week or so on the card.
homestyle
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 228
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/28 20:46:22 (permalink)
What is the point of advanced rma that cross ship rma cannot do?

You save on shipping costs, but with advanced rma you have to buy it. If you don't use the rma, you don't get the refund. With cross ship rma, you don't have to pay up front and may never need the rma.
signious_ca
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/30 17:18:39 (permalink)
So I just got my cross ship RMA from UPS - they included a postage-paid shipping label in my Cross-Ship.  Was confused and called EVGA to confirm and they did - they paid my freight to get the defective card back to their HQ.  Said it was their response to having to close off Advanced RMAs.

Thanks EVGA!  

Now just a little concerned what happens if UPS loses the package...
EVGA_Lee
  • Total Posts : 4247
  • Ribbons : 14
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/30 17:19:51 (permalink)
signious_ca
So I just got my cross ship RMA from UPS - they included a postage-paid shipping label in my Cross-Ship.  Was confused and called EVGA to confirm and they did - they paid my freight to get the defective card back to their HQ.  Said it was their response to having to close off Advanced RMAs.

Thanks EVGA!  

Now just a little concerned what happens if UPS loses the package...

The shipping label is insured.  If it gets lost, just contact us and we'll follow up with UPS.
AngryAce
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 867
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/30 23:20:59 (permalink)
Will already purchased EAR still be honored?

Sajin
EVGA Forum Moderator
  • Total Posts : 49165
  • Ribbons : 199
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/06/30 23:21:36 (permalink)
AngryAce
Will already purchased EAR still be honored?

Yes.
gawd21
  • Total Posts : 5
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/11/17 06:29:01 (permalink)
I will never buy anything from them again. They used junk ink and it rubbed off on the mouse pad and the scroll wheel quit working. So I do the advanced rma, and paid the $164. They denied my RMA and are stealing my money becuase the ink has rubbed off the bottom on the mouse. That is criminal!

Horrible rip off China quality crap, and common street thug theft.
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/11/17 10:17:01 (permalink)
gawd21
I will never buy anything from them again. They used junk ink and it rubbed off on the mouse pad and the scroll wheel quit working. So I do the advanced rma, and paid the $164. They denied my RMA and are stealing my money becuase the ink has rubbed off the bottom on the mouse. That is criminal!

Hello

We are reviewing your declined RMA now. Once I have a bit more information I will reach out to you directly. 
EVGA_RMA_JaysonC
RMA Management
  • Total Posts : 1461
  • Ribbons : 3
Re: So no more Advanced RMA program from EVGA 2021/11/17 10:23:31 (permalink)
gawd21

Hello,

We do apologize for any confusion however we are showing that your mouse arrived with its cable modified.  The cable end where it meets the USB interface was wound with a thin wire and had adhesive applied to it.  We did take an opportunity to reach out to you via email with photographs showing this condition.  As it did not arrive in its factory condition for warranty it was declined.  
We will reach out to you directly to further follow-up.

Regards

-Jayson- EVGA USA RMA Dept.
Reddit/Twitter - u/EVGA_JaysonC   @evga_jaysonc 

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile