3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 03:50:26 (permalink)
VegasBaby
Am I just extremely unlucky with cards, or does the 3090 ftw3 ultra have an alarmingly high failure rate? I've seen many posts on here of people having to RMA their 3090 multiple times. 

This is crazy. I'm not going to keep paying for shipping just to get a refurbished card not in original packaging that will die again in 2 months. Has EVGA said anything about 3090 failures and if they're working on a solution?

Can't possibly be anything but the card, right?

3 cards.....and you think it's the cards.

*golf clap*

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

transdogmifier
CLASSIFIED ULTRA Member
  • Total Posts : 6116
  • Ribbons : 17
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 03:53:45 (permalink)
ty_ger07
Red_Infern013
On the subject of "you killed your card". No. None of the users should be expected to tinker with their cards whether through software or hardware to keep the card from dying. There should be safe guards built into the card for that. And to my understand there is. So unless the guy shunt resistor mod his card to death it's not his fault. Period.

Agreed.  100%.  I have said the same in the past.

Regarding the responses, you have to see who those responses were posted by, and the track-record of those individuals, and then you will understand.
EVGA even acknowledged that some of their cards have an issue and EVGA even had a special exchange program implemented in order to replace problematic 3090s which had not yet failed, but one of these individuals refuses to acknowledge that some 3090s are duds and that there could be a design problem, simply because theirs has been trouble-free.  It's quite demoralizing.

EDIT: It appears that the user I mentioned has been banned.  That's helpful.

And here's where I will disagree with you.

*1* CARD...I will allow that it might be the card...

2+ Nope. Not gonna cop to that. Either the user is screwing up (ESD) or they have a problem with power feed in their system *IF* they're using a decent PSU, which I doubt.

Most of these idiots decide to use the walmart special PSU's (ie: 89 to 109 dollar PSU) to run a 2000 dollar card.

Again: GIGO.                                    

It's NOT always the cards.

Edit: Without having to 'research' my post history...I am one of those blaming people who don't know what they're doing. And I always will. Don't care if you like it or not.

post edited by transdogmifier - 2021/06/24 04:01:30

AMD Ryzen 7900x3d
Deepcool LT720
Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X670 (Might change..don't like this board)
eVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Gaming (Hybrid kit on it)
Asus ROG Swift PG43UQ 4k Monitor
eVGA 1600W Supernova T2 PSU
32GB Kingston 6000 DDR5 (2x16GB) Fury
Corsair MP600 Pro 2TB (Boot)
Corsair MP600 2TB (Games/Data)
Phanteks P500A Case

z1nonly
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 244
  • Ribbons : 1
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 04:12:28 (permalink)
transdogmifier
ty_ger07
Red_Infern013
On the subject of "you killed your card". No. None of the users should be expected to tinker with their cards whether through software or hardware to keep the card from dying. There should be safe guards built into the card for that. And to my understand there is. So unless the guy shunt resistor mod his card to death it's not his fault. Period.

Regarding the responses, you have to see who those responses were posted by, and the track-record of those individuals, and then you will understand.
EVGA even acknowledged that some of their cards have an issue and EVGA even had a special exchange program implemented in order to replace problematic 3090s which had not yet failed, but one of these individuals refuses to acknowledge that some 3090s are duds and that there could be a design problem, simply because theirs has been trouble-free.  It's quite demoralizing.

2+ Nope. Not gonna cop to that. Either the user is screwing up (ESD) or they have a problem with power feed in their system *IF* they're using a decent PSU, which I doubt.

Most of these idiots decide to use the walmart special PSU's (ie: 89 to 109 dollar PSU) to run a 2000 dollar card.

Edit: Without having to 'research' my post history...I am one of those blaming people who don't know what they're doing. And I always will. Don't care if you like it or not.

People seem to "know what they're doing" with pretty much all the other cards.

tyranus7
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 198
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 04:57:20 (permalink)
z1nonly

People seem to "know what they're doing" with pretty much all the other cards.

Well the 3090 is the only 30-series graphic card that has memory chips on the back side of the PCB and get a lot hotter because of that. It's like buying a sport car. You just can't drive it on uneven roads or it will get damaged.

Desktop: | Gigabyte Z490 Vision-G | Intel Core i9 10850K | GPU: COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Advanced OC-V | 16 GB RAM DDR4@4400 MHz CL18 | 1 TB NVMe + 10 TB HDD | Intel 2.5 Gbps Ethernet | 1080p @144Hz | EVGA 750W Supernova P2 |

12G-P5-3967-KR     6/3/2021 7:48:19 AM PT    Yes (ordered/cancelled by EVGA)

12G-P5-3968-KR     6/3/2021 7:51:30 AM PT    No
12G-P5-3953-KR     6/30/2021 6:30:34 AM PT   Yes (skipped)

charlesborner
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 286
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 05:08:51 (permalink)
Red_Infern013

charlesborner

A hundred post count?

You REALLY needed to ask? 

Did you just assume why I'm posting? *TRIGGGGEERRRD* but nope, don't need the 100 posts and I'm way above the 100 posts if I'm not mistaken. I only joined recently but I actually enjoy being part of the community here. I don't like reddit and I don't frequent other tech forums.

No.  I was making A JOKE.

Y'know.  Humor?

That thing that's now totally verboten EVERYWHERE because people have lost their minds?

Ryzen 5950X, Alphacool Eisbaer 420mm, ASROCK Taichi Razer, NVIDIA 3070 Ti FE, 3x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB, 64GB Trident Neo Z DDR4000, Seasonic Focus GX-1000, Total Noctua Fan Swap (8x Redux NF-P14S, 2x Chromax A20), 4x10TB WD Gold in Synology 920+, Thermaltake Core X9
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
  • Total Posts : 21174
  • Ribbons : 270
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 05:47:19 (permalink)
transdogmifier
ty_ger07
Red_Infern013

Instead of talking in generalities, let's be specific. Is this user an "idiot" who used a "walmart special PSU". Nope. Did this user do something apparently wrong? Nope. So let's not blame this user.

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium
My EVGA Score: 1546 • Zero Associates Points • I don't shill

Hamburglar26
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 07:13:21 (permalink)
Great input actually thank you
jamey19
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 101
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 07:58:04 (permalink)
What can you do to make these cards last longer? Just use cooling/fan? I don't want to spend $2000 on a 3090 and have it fail on me...
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 08:14:38 (permalink)
jamey19
What can you do to make these cards last longer? Just use cooling/fan? I don't want to spend $2000 on a 3090 and have it fail on me...

luck vs bad luck

ASRock Z77 • Intel Core i7 3770K • EVGA GTX 1080 • Samsung 850 Pro • Seasonic PRIME 600W Titanium

bavor
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 994
  • Ribbons : 6
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 08:48:24 (permalink)
transdogmifier
VegasBaby
Am I just extremely unlucky with cards, or does the 3090 ftw3 ultra have an alarmingly high failure rate? I've seen many posts on here of people having to RMA their 3090 multiple times.
This is crazy. I'm not going to keep paying for shipping just to get a refurbished card not in original packaging that will die again in 2 months. Has EVGA said anything about 3090 failures and if they're working on a solution?

*golf clap*

Many people in the forum have had issues with two or three EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 cards when using good quality highly rated power supplies and other hardware more than capable of handling a 3090 and the rest of their components. Yet you keep blaming the end user when many people have the exact same issue that easily reproducible just because you might have bene lucky enough to get one working card.

transdogmifier

EVGA issued a RMA for people having problems with their 3090 FTW3 Ultra cards where the cards were replaced with a card that had a newer circuit board revision. For most of those people, the repeat problems that they had went away after they received their updated card. Yet its not an EVGA hardware problem to you?????

The problem with EVGA FTW3 3090 design is the circuit board is a basically reference design with an extra power connector and some extra power stages added. In addition to that, the original onboard code stated it was designed for three 8 pin power connectors and one 6 pin power connector. This was confirmed by people who pulled the code off the card with chip readers. What would happen is the card would max out the power draw through two of the 8 pin power connectors then draw more power through the PCIEx16 slot and not the thirds 8 pin PCIE connector. The PCIEx16 slot specs say a maximum power draw of 75 watts across all voltage rails. With the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, many users were reporting 85-90 watts power draw through the PCIEx16 slot just on the 12v rail alone.

Here is the short version of my experience with EVGA FEW3 Ultra 3090 cards. The first one had a BISO switch that didn't work. The next two constantly crashed with any DX11 game or DX11 graphics benchmark.

I've been building custom PCs for both gamers and business clients since the 1990s. I have NEVER had multiple failures of the same model graphics card before my issues with the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra. I've had 10 different RTX 3090 cards in my hands since release. The EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra was the only one I had multiple repeat issues with.

I had the same issue with the 3090 FTW3 Ultra cards in three different computers with multiple different EVGA and Seasonic power supplies. I had the same problems with both current and new installs of Windows 10 with the latest drivers. In both systems with all of the power supplies I replicated the exact same issue time and time again. I spent many hours troubleshooting the issue on my own and with EVGA support.  I tried different hardware combinations and different EVGA card BIOS versions at the instruction of EVGA support.

I tried my own Seasonic and EVGA power supplies, including having a single 1300 watt EVGA G2 or 1300 watt Seasonic Prime Platinum power supply dedicated to power only the card and a separate power supply for the rest of the system. Yet I still had the same issues. I guess a 1300 Watt EVGA G2 power supply or a 1300 watt Seasonic Prime Platinum power supply are garbage and inadequate to to power a single 3090 in your opinion?

I tried having nothing but the CPU, two sticks of RAM, one SATA SSD, and the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra in a system with all the motherboard's onboard extra hardware disabled(expect what was needed) and a new clean install of windows 10 with the latest drivers. Yet I still had the same issues with the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra.

Know what fixed the issue? Swapping in a MSI Gaming X Trio 3090. After that all of the problems went away. I then flashed the 450 watt MSI 3090 Suprim BIOS to the Gaming X Trio. Still No problems. Next I tried flashing the the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 450 watt BIOS to the Gaming X Trio. Still no problems. After that, I tried flashing the the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 500 watt XOC BIOS to the Gaming X Trio. Still no problems. In addition to that, I tried both the 520 watt Kingpin "LN2" BIOS and the 1000 watt Kingpin XOC BIOS on the Gaming X trio. Still not problems even when overclocking the Gaming X Trio and pulling 600-700 watts through the three PCIE 8 pin connectors while using the same power supply that I was using when the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra was constantly crashing.  Must be a garbage power supply I guess.

I also tried a 3090 Strix in the same system with the Strix 480 watt BIOS, the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 500 watt XOC BIOS, and the 520 watt Kingpin "LN2" BIOS. No problems with that card and any of the BIOS versions in the same system where the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra was constantly crashing, especially in DX11 games.
Since then I've tried two RTX 3090 Kingpin cards in the same systems without issues.

Know what was the common factor in all of the problems in all of the systems? The EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra card. That was the issue, yet you don't believe it was the card.

transdogmifier

Actually you are nothing but a forum troll at this point. You constantly blame, belittle, tease, and taunt people having legitimate problems with EVGA's hardware just to make yourself feel better. What is going on in your life that makes you want to treat others poorly?

Red_Infern013
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 218
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 09:06:37 (permalink)
transdogmifier
ty_ger07
Red_Infern013

I have bought a Ram kit from Patriot, Viper steel 4133Mhz Cl19, that came with one of the sticks apparently dead, RMA'd the kit and one of the sticks they sent died after less than a month in my system. I haven't got around to RMA for a third kit but am I at fault? The kit wasn't overclocked and even ran at slower speed than either of it's XMP profiles at stock voltage. The system they were installed into been running for a year and half with Crucial Ballistix sticks with tightened timings with zero issue.

All consumer hardware unless stated otherwise on the box should be plug and play. GPUs come with a how to install guide and a recommendation for what PSU wattage and rating and that's it. If the user followed the installation instructions correctly and adhered to the manufacturer's recommendation for the PSU and the card failed it's not their fault.

If the mem on the back is running at 100 degrees + in a well ventilated case and that's the cause of the failure that's bad design. I'm not supposed to be expected to undervolt the card or install heatsinks and fans on the back plate just to keep the card alive.

AMD R9 3900x || Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin III CPU Air Cooler || Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060s Evo || MSI B450 Tomahawk Max ||  2x8gb Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz || 1TB SanDisk Ultra 3d SATA SSD || EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G1+
eg1122
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 307
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 09:10:39 (permalink)
bavor
transdogmifier
VegasBaby

*golf clap*

Many people in the forum have had issues with two or three EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 cards when using good quality highly rated power supplies and other hardware more than capable of handling a 3090 and the rest of their components. Yet you keep blaming the end user when many people have the exact same issue that easily reproducible just because you might have bene lucky enough to get one working card.

transdogmifier

EVGA issued a RMA for people having problems with their 3090 FTW3 Ultra cards where the cards were replaced with a card that had a newer circuit board revision. For most of those people, the repeat problems that they had went away after they received their updated card. Yet its not an EVGA hardware problem to you?????

The problem with EVGA FTW3 3090 design is the circuit board is a basically reference design with an extra power connector and some extra power stages added. In addition to that, the original onboard code stated it was designed for three 8 pin power connectors and one 6 pin power connector. This was confirmed by people who pulled the code off the card with chip readers. What would happen is the card would max out the power draw through two of the 8 pin power connectors then draw more power through the PCIEx16 slot and not the thirds 8 pin PCIE connector. The PCIEx16 slot specs say a maximum power draw of 75 watts across all voltage rails. With the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra, many users were reporting 85-90 watts power draw through the PCIEx16 slot just on the 12v rail alone.

Here is the short version of my experience with EVGA FEW3 Ultra 3090 cards. The first one had a BISO switch that didn't work. The next two constantly crashed with any DX11 game or DX11 graphics benchmark.

I've been building custom PCs for both gamers and business clients since the 1990s. I have NEVER had multiple failures of the same model graphics card before my issues with the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra. I've had 10 different RTX 3090 cards in my hands since release. The EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra was the only one I had multiple repeat issues with.

I had the same issue with the 3090 FTW3 Ultra cards in three different computers with multiple different EVGA and Seasonic power supplies. I had the same problems with both current and new installs of Windows 10 with the latest drivers. In both systems with all of the power supplies I replicated the exact same issue time and time again. I spent many hours troubleshooting the issue on my own and with EVGA support.  I tried different hardware combinations and different EVGA card BIOS versions at the instruction of EVGA support.

I tried my own Seasonic and EVGA power supplies, including having a single 1300 watt EVGA G2 or 1300 watt Seasonic Prime Platinum power supply dedicated to power only the card and a separate power supply for the rest of the system. Yet I still had the same issues. I guess a 1300 Watt EVGA G2 power supply or a 1300 watt Seasonic Prime Platinum power supply are garbage and inadequate to to power a single 3090 in your opinion?

I tried having nothing but the CPU, two sticks of RAM, one SATA SSD, and the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra in a system with all the motherboard's onboard extra hardware disabled(expect what was needed) and a new clean install of windows 10 with the latest drivers. Yet I still had the same issues with the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra.

Know what fixed the issue? Swapping in a MSI Gaming X Trio 3090. After that all of the problems went away. I then flashed the 450 watt MSI 3090 Suprim BIOS to the Gaming X Trio. Still No problems. Next I tried flashing the the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 450 watt BIOS to the Gaming X Trio. Still no problems. After that, I tried flashing the the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 500 watt XOC BIOS to the Gaming X Trio. Still no problems. In addition to that, I tried both the 520 watt Kingpin "LN2" BIOS and the 1000 watt Kingpin XOC BIOS on the Gaming X trio. Still not problems even when overclocking the Gaming X Trio and pulling 600-700 watts through the three PCIE 8 pin connectors while using the same power supply that I was using when the EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra was constantly crashing.  Must be a garbage power supply I guess.

I also tried a 3090 Strix in the same system with the Strix 480 watt BIOS, the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 500 watt XOC BIOS, and the 520 watt Kingpin "LN2" BIOS. No problems with that card and any of the BIOS versions in the same system where the EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra was constantly crashing, especially in DX11 games.
Since then I've tried two RTX 3090 Kingpin cards in the same systems without issues.

Know what was the common factor in all of the problems in all of the systems? The EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 ultra card. That was the issue, yet you don't believe it was the card.

transdogmifier

Actually you are nothing but a forum troll at this point. You constantly blame, belittle, tease, and taunt people having legitimate problems with EVGA's hardware just to make yourself feel better. What is going on in your life that makes you want to treat others poorly?

Great post. I went through 3 RMAs until I finally got the revised PCB on my 3090 ftw3 hybrid. And guess what? No more issues. Everything else stayed the same. No more black screens no more red lights. Yet somehow some fanboys always blame the users. I'm just thankful EVGA did things right with the revised PCB and they even did free of charge RMAs after the first one.

CPU: Intel i9-11900K
Cooling: Corsair iCue H150i RGB Pro XT
Fans: 6x Corsair LL120, 4x Corsair ML120 RGB (Capellix), 4x Corsair ML120 Pro RGB
Mother Board: MSI MEG Z590 Ace
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra Hybrid
RAM: 4x 8GB CORSAIR Vengeance @XMP 3600mhz
SSDs(NVME): 1x WD Black SN850 1TB, 1x WD Black SN750 1TB, 1x WD Blue SN550 2TB
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster X3
Case: Corsair Crystal Series 680x
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 1000W G2
Monitor: Asus Strix XG32VQ (144hz)
Keyboard: Corsair K100 - Cherry MX
Mouse: Logitech MX Master
gmualum08
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 12:56:01 (permalink)
Wow you shouldn't have to pay shipping if you are RMA'ing a card that died due to no fault of your own! That's ridiculous! I would seek out assistance in getting that refunded if you email GN or something. They helped with Ennermax trying that crap when they tried to charge customers for RMA'ing their Threadripper CLCs a few years ago. That doesn't seem right or ethical to me when it's EVGA's fault for doing the return. Just my two cents.
badboy64
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 921
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 15:47:55 (permalink)
bavor
transdogmifier
VegasBaby

*golf clap*

transdogmifier

transdogmifier

But his eVga FTW3 3090 Ultra and mine as well have lasted longer since we still have the first card we bought that is still running without any issues period. I bet there are other people here also with their first 3090 card and ones that never visit this forum period. I had mine for 8 months coming this Sunday the 27th. I have redid the aircooler, hybrid and waterblock twice and now I will do the waterblock 3rd time when I get this from EK https://www.ekwb.com/shop...backplate-d-rgb-plexi.

14th Intel® Core™ i9 14900KF CPU 3.2GHz@6.0ghz, Memory 2x24GB GSkill Trident Z Trident Z5 7200 mhz DDR5 Ram,4,000 GB MSI M480 PRO 4TB , Motherboard eVga 690 Dark , Operating System Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit, Msi Suprim X24G 4090, Monitor Acer CG437K, Logitech G910, Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition, Thermaltake View 91 RGB plus, eVga 1600w P2 PSU, Custom watercooling.
Speed Way  Score 11,055 points.
https://www.3dmark.com/sw/1112818
ty_ger07
Insert Custom Title Here
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 15:49:50 (permalink)
badboy64

But his eVga FTW3 3090 Ultra and mine as well have lasted longer since we still have the first card we bought that is still running without any issues period.

Good for you.  Why do you keep saying that in thread after thread as if it has any impact on people who have had problems with those cards?  All you did was create a giant quote needlessly and contributed nothing else to this conversation.
post edited by ty_ger07 - 2021/06/24 15:51:34

badboy64
SSC Member
  • Total Posts : 921
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 16:53:13 (permalink)
ty_ger07
badboy64

But his eVga FTW3 3090 Ultra and mine as well have lasted longer since we still have the first card we bought that is still running without any issues period.

Good for you.  Why do you keep saying that in thread after thread as if it has any impact on people who have had problems with those cards?  All you did was create a giant quote needlessly and contributed nothing else to this conversation.

I haven't said it for the last 4 + months. If you don't like what I say then use the ignore button then. I will keep on saying as long as I have my 1st card. He has also repeated what he said in his quote many times over himself.
post edited by badboy64 - 2021/06/24 19:32:20

14th Intel® Core™ i9 14900KF CPU 3.2GHz@6.0ghz, Memory 2x24GB GSkill Trident Z Trident Z5 7200 mhz DDR5 Ram,4,000 GB MSI M480 PRO 4TB , Motherboard eVga 690 Dark , Operating System Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit, Msi Suprim X24G 4090, Monitor Acer CG437K, Logitech G910, Razer Lancehead Tournament Edition, Thermaltake View 91 RGB plus, eVga 1600w P2 PSU, Custom watercooling.
Speed Way  Score 11,055 points.
https://www.3dmark.com/sw/1112818
dalten22
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 133
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 19:49:12 (permalink)
Generally speaking I've had great luck with EVGA But I had 2 bad 2080 TI Black Edition's (lowest end models) that died within 24 hours of turning on. RMA'd both and as the 3rd card they sent an upgraded XC model and it's been running solid for 2+ years.

With so many people experiencing multiple failures, it's not the PSUs or ESD, it's just bad cards getting through QA somehow. It could be that there is something going on with PSUs that isn't well understood by AIBs, like maybe my PSU with my 2080 TI's was doing something unexpected that the first 2 cards couldn't tolerate but the 3rd finally. Just guessing, but no more so than people blaming the people with dying cards with zero evidence.
GTA767
  • Total Posts : 49
Flagged as Spam (2)
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 20:08:02 (permalink)
answer is very easy they use it for mining
rottentreats
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 242
Flagged as Spam (2)
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 21:05:25 (permalink)
I'm sorry to hear your hamburger was overcooked, these things happen. Move along.

Thanks for the spam, I like spam it's delicious.
post edited by rottentreats - 2021/06/25 11:08:24

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA HYBRID

Spoiler
this should be on the trunk of a car
close

bavor
SSC Member
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 23:33:48 (permalink)
GTA767
answer is very easy they use it for mining

Nope, no mining use here.  Try again.
bavor
SSC Member
Re: 3090 Died Again. This is ridiculous. 2021/06/24 23:35:19 (permalink)
badboy64

But his eVga FTW3 3090 Ultra and mine as well have lasted longer since we still have the first card we bought that is still running without any issues period. I bet there are other people here also with their first 3090 card and ones that never visit this forum period. I had mine for 8 months coming this Sunday the 27th. I have redid the aircooler, hybrid and waterblock twice and now I will do the waterblock 3rd time when I get this from EK https://www.ekwb.com/shop...backplate-d-rgb-plexi.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile