EVGA

I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
  • Total Posts : 1132
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 2
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 19:29:24 (permalink)
tsbond

Good enough Daniel thanks for the response. Just frustrating sometimes living not near your servers and taking hour or more to get a notify button. Thanks!

Well, if it means anything I am in the queue just like everyone else since October for a 3080. We are trying to be as transparent as we can be. 
tsbond
iCX Member
  • Total Posts : 273
  • Ribbons : 0
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 19:33:02 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
tsbond

Good enough Daniel thanks for the response. Just frustrating sometimes living not near your servers and taking hour or more to get a notify button. Thanks!

Well, if it means anything I am in the queue just like everyone else since October for a 3080. We are trying to be as transparent as we can be. 

LOL yeah sucks right!
MoFinWiley
  • Total Posts : 9
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 19:34:07 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM

Well, it is a business day window time and we never send it after hours. Only between 9 AM and 6 PM Pacific but usually in the morning. If you miss the window by accident - we understand and just recommend to reply to the notification email to see if another link can be generated. The 8 hour window actually allocates the stock for your notification meaning we pull it from inventory for you to buy. As we need to keep these cards moving and shipped we cannot hold on to the cards longer than we need to as you can imagine we have some rather large queues. 

I know this is hard to understand because you live and breathe EVGA, the products, and the associated forum, but not everyone has the time to forum crawl all day long. Not everyone is staring at their personal inbox waiting for a random email from a company they registered with 7 months prior. They are some that may have that time, sure, but 8 hours is a small window in a busy life of wife, kids, 12+hrs of work, and a household. 

I am just telling you its a flawed system. A warning email would have helped. 
tsbond
iCX Member
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 19:38:07 (permalink)
MoFinWiley
EVGATech_DanielM

Well, it is a business day window time and we never send it after hours. Only between 9 AM and 6 PM Pacific but usually in the morning. If you miss the window by accident - we understand and just recommend to reply to the notification email to see if another link can be generated. The 8 hour window actually allocates the stock for your notification meaning we pull it from inventory for you to buy. As we need to keep these cards moving and shipped we cannot hold on to the cards longer than we need to as you can imagine we have some rather large queues. 

I know this is hard to understand because you live and breathe EVGA, the products, and the associated forum, but not everyone has the time to forum crawl all day long. Not everyone is staring at their personal inbox waiting for a random email from a company they registered with 7 months prior. They are some that may have that time, sure, but 8 hours is a small window in a busy life of wife, kids, 12+hrs of work, and a household. 

You don't check? You want them to give you a phone call?
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 19:41:24 (permalink)
MoFinWiley
I know this is hard to understand because you live and breathe EVGA, the products, and the associated forum, but not everyone has the time to forum crawl all day long. 

Well I respectfully disagree with you and that's okay but this is part of my job description is to interact with customers 8 hours of the day. I understand your frustration but if you have such a busy lifestyle having a video card should be pretty low on the priority list. 
Jimbo2112
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 19:47:52 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
tsbond

I signed up 2 1/2 days after the notify me button went live for the 3080 FTW3 Ultra.  It took until late February to get mine but I'm still very happy.  I was perfectly willing to wait and not pay scalper prices.

MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master
PROC - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (NZXT Kraken Z73)
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
MEM - G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB 3600 (16-19-19-39)
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6
CASE - Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black
MoFinWiley
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 19:50:02 (permalink)
tsbond

No, I work long days managing projects around the country. I paid scalper prices for my 3090 back in December specifically because I can and don't have the time to "manage" buying a GPU. Buying a GPU shouldn't require hours every week. Acquiring a GPU shouldn't be a "lifestyle".

tsbond
iCX Member
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 19:52:55 (permalink)
MoFinWiley
tsbond

No, I work long days managing projects around the country. I paid scalper prices for my 3090 back in December specifically because I can and don't have the time to "manage" buying a GPU. Buying a GPU shouldn't require hours every week. Acquiring a GPU shouldn't be a "lifestyle".

So do I. Check every few hours. That is why I joined the queue to check once in a while. Then don't buy one pay a higher price and be done with it. Buying a GPU is up to you and no one owes you one. Obviously you are very important and make lots of money so just pay 600 over msrp? All workers work hard 95% of the time rather they work at EVGA or as I do in IT.
post edited by tsbond - 2021/06/23 19:56:11
MoFinWiley
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 20:23:37 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM

Well I respectfully disagree with you and that's okay but this is part of my job description is to interact with customers 8 hours of the day. I understand your frustration but if you have such a busy lifestyle having a video card should be pretty low on the priority list. 

WOW! That's one hell of a take. "It's not the system that's flawed, but my desires of owning a GPU." 

Well Daniel, hopefully you don't miss your 8-hour window for your 3080 for any possible reason, because that would mean you shouldn't have ever tried to get one. Don't take any long flights. Don't go to the doctor after work, hell, for that matter don't have any kids. Kids totally exclude you from needing a video card for any reason.  Professionals who are also parents NEVER do any CAD work, or video editing, and they don't even know what a game is...

... for the future, attempting to gaslight customers isn't the greatest method for dealing with questions. You started off so good, then really shot yourself in the foot there. Learn a few phrases that address the customers concern while deflecting any real responsibility to change anything. "I'll speak with my team about incorporating some changes" or "I'll bring this up in our next process improvement meeting" or something along those lines works well to tell the customer that you think their problem is important, even if you are just paying lip service. Ideally you should actually care, but we both know that you YOU don't.

I guess it's my bad for even suggesting EVGA might not be handling the que correctly. I had always heard that EVGA had a great support department. Marketing > Support still rings true I guess.  
EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 20:35:18 (permalink)
MoFinWiley
WOW! That's one hell of a take. "It's not the system that's flawed, but my desires of owning a GPU." 

Well Daniel, hopefully you don't miss your 8-hour window for your 3080 for any possible reason, because that would mean you shouldn't have ever tried to get one. Don't take any long flights. Don't go to the doctor after work, hell, for that matter don't have any kids. Kids totally exclude you from needing a video card for any reason.  Professionals who are also parents NEVER do any CAD work, or video editing, and they don't even know what a game is...

... for the future, attempting to gaslight customers isn't the greatest method for dealing with questions. You started off so good, then really shot yourself in the foot there. Learn a few phrases that address the customers concern while deflecting any real responsibility to change anything. "I'll speak with my team about incorporating some changes" or "I'll bring this up in our next process improvement meeting" or something along those lines works well to tell the customer that you think their problem is important, even if you are just paying lip service. Ideally you should actually care, but we both know that you YOU don't.

I guess it's my bad for even suggesting EVGA might not be handling the que correctly. I had always heard that EVGA had a great support department. Marketing > Support still rings true I guess.  

As I mentioned in the original post you quoted - please note that I specifically stated if you miss your 8 hour window you can reply to the notification email and a new link can be resent but it appears you completely ignored that or chose to for that matter. Most customers will whitelist the EVGA domain and route it to a specific folder if they received thousands emails a day. We can't please everyone and we never will.

As you already have a video card it appears to be a moot point so just have a good rest of your evening. 
MoFinWiley
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 20:39:17 (permalink)
tsbond

So do I. Check every few hours. That is why I joined the queue to check once in a while. Then don't buy one pay a higher price and be done with it. Buying a GPU is up to you and no one owes you one. Obviously you are very important and make lots of money so just pay 600 over msrp? All workers work hard 95% of the time rather they work at EVGA or as I do in IT.

You do realize that some people don't have the same type of work day as you, right? Some people take flights across the country ever week. Some people are on conference calls that last 4 hours. Some people work in SCIFs and can't access their email...and some people do all of those things, regularly...So yes, an 8-hour window is a bit narrow. Even from a pure system-level design it is flawed, not taking into account the detriment to a percentage of customers. 

and if you really think ALL workers work hard 95% of the time, then you haven't been in the working world long enough.
MoFinWiley
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 20:46:28 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM

As I mentioned in the original post you quoted - please note that I specifically stated if you miss your 8 hour window you can reply to the notification email and a new link can be resent but it appears you completely ignored that or chose to for that matter. Most customers will whitelist the EVGA domain and route it to a specific folder if they received thousands emails a day. We can't please everyone and we never will.

As you already have a video card it appears to be a moot point so just have a good rest of your evening. 

dude, I already did that, even before finding the forum. You responded here, nobody has responded there...because I'm sure that department is closed.

and another bad take...I want a GPU for my kids PC. 

Why are you so defensive of the 8-hour window? Was it your decision? Did I offend you by suggesting a longer window would be better for busy people?

EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 21:13:30 (permalink)
MoFinWiley

dude, I already did that, even before finding the forum. You responded here, nobody has responded there...because I'm sure that department is closed.

and another bad take...I want a GPU for my kids PC. 

Why are you so defensive of the 8-hour window? Was it your decision? Did I offend you by suggesting a longer window would be better for busy people?

Sorry my responses are upsetting you. They were not intended to. I see you emailed a full hour after our official operating hours are closed - you just need to wait for them to respond to you and that is why we do not send out notification emails after the sales team has left or have a longer window because it would lead to people trying to check out at night and nobody to support them doing so if they are not able to resulting in double amount of emails for them to come to in the morning. I am not offended by your suggestion but the data shows the queue has been working perfectly fine with the 8 hour window that was implemented 10 months ago. I do not know what your intentions for your purchase only that you stated you already had one so not entirely sure how I am supposed to know that. I post on the forum to mingle with customers because I like it - we have been open about how the system is going to work for some time now. Missing the 8 hour window is not a death kneel for your ability to obtain a card from us when it is your turn in the queue. 
tsbond
iCX Member
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 21:32:53 (permalink)
MoFinWiley
tsbond

You do realize that some people don't have the same type of work day as you, right? Some people take flights across the country ever week. Some people are on conference calls that last 4 hours. Some people work in SCIFs and can't access their email...and some people do all of those things, regularly...So yes, an 8-hour window is a bit narrow. Even from a pure system-level design it is flawed, not taking into account the detriment to a percentage of customers. 

and if you really think ALL workers work hard 95% of the time, then you haven't been in the working world long enough.

Then the card doesn't mean much to you. Since you are so elite just go buy one off ebay. Unless you are flying to Australia and even if you are can check your queue every few hours. Stop whining about it, the rules are the same for everyone even if you travel all over the world or work at Taco Bell. You are not special. Sorry.

Since you know everyone's work day please tell me what mine is?

No one cares what a SCIFS is either. Sounds important for a few seconds then is like nope.
post edited by tsbond - 2021/06/23 21:37:20
tsbond
iCX Member
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 21:41:29 (permalink)

"I want a GPU for my kids and I am important because I am SCIFS!"

post edited by tsbond - 2021/06/23 21:56:07
MoFinWiley
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 21:53:29 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
Sorry my responses are upsetting you. They were not intended to. I see you emailed a full hour after our official operating hours are closed - you just need to wait for them to respond to you and that is why we do not send out notification emails after the sales team has left or have a longer window because it would lead to people trying to check out at night and nobody to support them doing so if they are not able to resulting in double amount of emails for them to come to in the morning. I am not offended by your suggestion but the data shows the queue has been working perfectly fine with the 8 hour window that was implemented 10 months ago. I do not know what your intentions for your purchase only that you stated you already had one so not entirely sure how I am supposed to know that. I post on the forum to mingle with customers because I like it - we have been open about how the system is going to work for some time now. Missing the 8 hour window is not a death kneel for your ability to obtain a card from us when it is your turn in the queue. 

Thank you for investigating. I will look for their response. 

I am sure the queue has been working because there is always the "next" person, but I can't be the first person to be bit by the response window time, as evidenced by the response email directions you stated. That would only be an option if this has come up before. So "working" is a bit of a misnomer in this regard. Sure cards are being sent to someone, but at the potentially missed opportunity of the unlucky...and don't get me wrong "Tough ****, you missed out" is a certainly within EVGAs right, but you also have to understand that might cause some less-than-favorable reactions from the "unlucky", especially given the unwavering wording of the email "...if not complete within 8 hours of receiving this email, the product will become unavailable and you will need to enter the notify queue again". Knowing that their is even a chance at still acquiring a card is info that only came from you, so for that I am grateful.

As far as the email timing vs shipping workforce availability, I get that, having dealt with situations like this in companies I worked for in the past. Tough to please everyone. 

EVGATech_DanielM
EVGA Tech Support
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 22:01:26 (permalink)
MoFinWiley

Thank you for investigating. I will look for their response. 

I am sure the queue has been working because there is always the "next" person, but I can't be the first person to be bit by the response window time, as evidenced by the response email directions you stated. That would only be an option if this has come up before. So "working" is a bit of a misnomer in this regard. Sure cards are being sent to someone, but at the potentially missed opportunity of the unlucky...and don't get me wrong "Tough ****, you missed out" is a certainly within EVGAs right, but you also have to understand that might cause some less-than-favorable reactions from the "unlucky", especially given the unwavering wording of the email "...if not complete within 8 hours of receiving this email, the product will become unavailable and you will need to enter the notify queue again". Knowing that their is even a chance at still acquiring a card is info that only came from you, so for that I am grateful.

As far as the email timing vs shipping workforce availability, I get that, having dealt with situations like this in companies I worked for in the past. Tough to please everyone. 

The idea of "Too bad, so sad" has never been our mantra. Our system is designed to ensure fair play to everyone. Sure some things are missed that we wish we could rectify after the fact but just know we designed the system with good intentions and since our CS/Tech Support is open from 6AM to 10PM and normal operating from 9-6 we have staff here to alleviate concerns in regards to a purchase via email and the forums. We have customers who rush through the purchase process and forget to add codes and modifying an order after just makes things more difficult. We try to have an even playing field and due to the silicon shortage this is not something we have seen before so while some staff (mainly me) might provide a snarky response here and there - have a chat on the phone would make you feel more comfortable knowing we understand the current market and our ability to navigate through it. 

Keep in mind you can always call us during normal business hours if you find a second and we can ease your stress level knowing we are here to support you. 
MoFinWiley
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 22:04:24 (permalink)
tsbond

"I want a GPU for my kids and I am important because I am SCIFS!"

Umm...you complained in this thread too, are you the gatekeeper for customer service issues?

Are you the only one allowed to be frustrated? 

MoFinWiley
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 22:13:11 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM

The idea of "Too bad, so sad" has never been our mantra. Our system is designed to ensure fair play to everyone. Sure some things are missed that we wish we could rectify after the fact but just know we designed the system with good intentions and since our CS/Tech Support is open from 6AM to 10PM and normal operating from 9-6 we have staff here to alleviate concerns in regards to a purchase via email and the forums. We have customers who rush through the purchase process and forget to add codes and modifying an order after just makes things more difficult. We try to have an even playing field and due to the silicon shortage this is not something we have seen before so while some staff (mainly me) might provide a snarky response here and there - have a chat on the phone would make you feel more comfortable knowing we understand the current market and our ability to navigate through it. 

Keep in mind you can always call us during normal business hours if you find a second and we can ease your stress level knowing we are here to support you. 

Good stuff! Thanks man
BrokenShard
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/23 22:26:04 (permalink)
Pretty considerate given the situation
Jimbo2112
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 207
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/24 10:33:04 (permalink)

MoFinWiley

I honestly wonder how many hours you would allow for someone to order their card before sending it back into the queue?  Keeping in mind that (1) it was originally 5 hours but raised to 8 hours after community feedback and (2) increasing the hours means increasing the overall time waiting in the queue for your card.

MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS Master
PROC - AMD Ryzen 9 5950X (NZXT Kraken Z73)
GPU - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
MEM - G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 64GB 3600 (16-19-19-39)
PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 G6
CASE - Fractal Design Meshify 2 Black
Smarp
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/24 12:57:02 (permalink)
I agree. The queue is the fairest way to handle the high demand and low supply. I got my notice for a 3090 FTW Ultra Hybrid today. I entered the queue on 12-26-20, at 6;20;07 PM PT.
Thanks, EVGA
EA245FF3D6B2421
Superclocked Member
  • Total Posts : 105
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/24 12:59:03 (permalink)
EVGATech_DanielM
tsbond
Doesn't really work unless you keep people from buying 1 card from every SKU. Ridiculous.

We are constantly adapting to the conditions in which customers make purchases. You would be surprised to see how much we catch and cancel. All orders are reviewed and any abuse of the queue system is automatically cancelled and refunded. You may think we just willy nilly sell cards to people who have 20 accounts but we can see you and know what you are doing and if you are being genuine or not. 

Despite all the whining, I think most users really appreciate the queues! I wish other companies doing similar.
gmualum08
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/24 12:59:06 (permalink)
Yeah the only problem is since we are competing with pretty much everyone in the world and the 30 series cards are still so "popular" the queue is like 1,000,000 people deep and counting. So you basically stand a better chance of winning the lottery, yay cheers.
kikimaru024
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/28 18:30:09 (permalink)
I've been in the queue since December 2020

So I expect to be told of Euro RTX 3080 availability any second now.
Aaaaany second.

any second.....
CaptNish
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/28 19:03:00 (permalink)
That’s good. as long as you have access to it
kikimaru024
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: I want to thank EVGA for offering the queue system. I appreciate you guys. 2021/06/29 14:07:47 (permalink)
Huzzah! I got an email...

to tell me they're switching me into the LHR queue.

Well, better than nothing, I suppose.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile