EVGA

Help with build!

Author
azurexlancer
  • Total Posts : 62
  • Reward points : 0
  • Ribbons : 0
2021/06/21 05:45:57 (permalink)
Hello I need some help with my first build! The problem I have is how to connect all my fans properly. I have the Corsair 5000x white case that comes with 3 SP Elite fans. The Corsair H150 Capellix white that comes with 3 QL 120 fans. I have an additional 4 QL 120 Fans also white, the capellix came with a commander core and I also have a commander core pro. I want to connect all these fans together so the RGB and fan speeds will all work together in sync with each other. A diagram or some illustration would also be most appreciated. This is my very first build and I am excited.

Full build:
Corsair 5000x White/ 3 SP elite fans
Corsair H150 Capellix white /commander core hub
4x Corsair QL 120 Fans
Corsair Vengance Pro 128GB 36000mhz
Corsair Lighting Pro ( light strip set)
Corsair commander core Pro
Corsair Hx1200 PSU
Corsair Premium PSU cables white
Asus Dark Hero motherboard
AMD 5900x
2x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB=4TB
EVGA 3080 TI FTW3 Ultra

7 Replies Related Threads

scar09
    Superclocked Member
    • Total Posts : 214
    Re: Help with build! 2021/06/21 08:02:14 (permalink)
    First thing first, The Commander Pro and Commander Core are separate systems and can be used at the same time. Each connects back to the system via USB 2 and they will each show up as a separate device. To control RGB you need to install iCue software.

The Commander Core is for Rgb fans only with the addition of controlling PWM speeds and a temp sensor but it's only for the new capellix AIO as this uses a 24 pin cable that connects the pump to the Core. Commander core allows you to do both, RGB and fan speed as it has 12 ports. 6 for RGB and 6 for PWM.

The Commander Pro has power for 6 PWM fans (not RGB), 2 USB headers, and two LED outlets which you can plug an RGB hub, lighting strips, or whatever else into.

So what you can do is connect 3 AIO fans and 3 SP elite fans to Commander Core RGB fans header. And other 4x Corsair QL 120 Fans, you need to connect them to a separate RGB hub (since Commander Pro doesn't have RGB fan headers.) and connect that RGB hub to Commander Pro LED header.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 3% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the "EVGA Associates" badge below, a new tab will open saying cookie created, shop normally and when reaching the checkout page, the Associate Code should automatically be applied. Also, you can manually enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase: AKYUCAT9UR374IM

scar09
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Help with build! 2021/06/21 08:06:25 (permalink)
    Also, I would suggest asking this on corsair forums or r/corsair for a better explanation.

Use an Associates Code & SAVE 3% - 10% on your purchase. Just click on the "EVGA Associates" badge below, a new tab will open saying cookie created, shop normally and when reaching the checkout page, the Associate Code should automatically be applied. Also, you can manually enter the associates code at checkout on your next purchase: AKYUCAT9UR374IM

azurexlancer
    Re: Help with build! 2021/06/21 11:10:31 (permalink)
    scar09
    First thing first, The Commander Pro and Commander Core are separate systems and can be used at the same time. Each connects back to the system via USB 2 and they will each show up as a separate device. To control RGB you need to install iCue software.

The Commander Core is for Rgb fans only with the addition of controlling PWM speeds and a temp sensor but it's only for the new capellix AIO as this uses a 24 pin cable that connects the pump to the Core. Commander core allows you to do both, RGB and fan speed as it has 12 ports. 6 for RGB and 6 for PWM.

The Commander Pro has power for 6 PWM fans (not RGB), 2 USB headers, and two LED outlets which you can plug an RGB hub, lighting strips, or whatever else into.

So what you can do is connect 3 AIO fans and 3 SP elite fans to Commander Core RGB fans header. And other 4x Corsair QL 120 Fans, you need to connect them to a separate RGB hub (since Commander Pro doesn't have RGB fan headers.) and connect that RGB hub to Commander Pro LED header.

Thank you. So basically I need another commander core?
    scar09
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Help with build! 2021/06/21 11:33:21 (permalink)
    azurexlancer
    scar09

NO! you just need an RGB hub. Read again carefully what I said above. 

azurexlancer
    Re: Help with build! 2021/06/21 11:58:03 (permalink)
    scar09
    azurexlancer
    scar09

Oh I got you. My 3 QL120 fan pack came with a Corsair lightning node core. So I have everything. Just plug that into the commander pro. This is my first build so cables like crazy. I have been watching videos but for real beginners people tend to gloss over something’s that are not exactly basic for me.
    scar09
    Superclocked Member
    Re: Help with build! 2021/06/21 13:54:11 (permalink)
    azurexlancer
    scar09
    azurexlancer
    scar09

So what you can do is connect 3 AIO fans and 3 SP elite fans to Commander Core RGB fans header. And other 4x Corsair QL 120 Fans, you need to connect them to a separate RGB hub (since Commander Pro doesn't have RGB fan headers) and connect that RGB hub to Commander Pro LED header.

Oh I got you. My 3 QL120 fan pack came with a Corsair lightning node core. So I have everything. Just plug that into the commander pro. This is my first build so cables like crazy. I have been watching videos but for real beginners people tend to gloss over something’s that are not exactly basic for me.

Why didn't you mentioned before that you also have Corsair lightning node core. Lightning Node core is a controller just like commander core except you can only control RGB, not fan speeds. It is not a hub. If you are going to use node core then you dont need commander pro.

Let me sum it up for you. You have three controllers with you: commander core, commander pro, node core.

Connect aio fans and 3xSP elite fans to commander core(the one that came with your AIO). With this controller, you can control both rgb and fan speeds of 6 fans. 

Then connect 4xQL 120 fans to node core. With this controller, you can only control rgb and not fan speeds. These 4 fans will run at full speed.

That's it. That all you need. You can now return commander pro and save some money.

XrayMan
    Insert Custom Title Here
    • Total Posts : 73000
    • Ribbons : 115
    Re: Help with build! 2021/06/21 18:54:25 (permalink)

Moved to Hardware.

My Affiliate Code: 8WEQVXMCJL

Associate Code: VHKH33QN4W77V6A

&nbsp
    Jump to:
  • Back to Mobile